Follow

Hank Pym

Character » Hank Pym appears in 3721 issues.

Hank Pym is a scientific genius, a founding member of the Avengers, the creator of Pym Particles and of Ultron, and a modern-day superhero who suffers from a Bipolar disorder. He has acted under many memorable identities such as Ant-Man, Giant Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, and the Wasp. He is also the Earth's Scientist Supreme, as decreed by Eternity.

Hank Pym...how do you feel about him now?

• 73 results
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By AtPhantom

Hat's off to Slott for washing away years of abuse of the character and actually making him cool. I don't know what Pym was like in the old times, but if he was anything like this, that just makes what they've don with him in the recent years worse.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " I didn't think I was going to like Pym as the Wasp but he's pretty cool. "
    Ya I have never liked Pym as much as do now he is awesome The Wasp is his best persona "
    I honestly thought I was going to hate the Wasp thing. "
    Same I thought it was going to be him just like not being able to let go of Janet living in the past and just being a miserable @%$# but I was happily proved wrong.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#53  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Vance Astro said:
    "They need to put Bendis on a street levelers book.Give him the Hood or somebody and oust him out.I don't know why Marvel insists on having these periods of time where they pay one guy mega bucks to right half their books. "
    Yeah, he's great on Ultimate Spider-Man, but New Avengers lately has been lacking, the thrid annual that came out was the only thing that made me change my mind about dropping the book all together.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @War Killer said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    "They need to put Bendis on a street levelers book.Give him the Hood or somebody and oust him out.I don't know why Marvel insists on having these periods of time where they pay one guy mega bucks to right half their books. "
    Yeah, he's great on Ultimate Spider-Man, but New Avengers lately has been lacking, the thrid annual that came out was the only thing that made me change my mind about dropping the book all together. "
    It's the same stuff over and over.He doesn't do anything interesting with them.He finds one huge group and puts them against the New Avengers and then repeats it.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55  Edited By The_Ghostshell

They should have killed him off instead of Janet.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Gambler said:
    " They should have killed him off instead of Janet. "
    Why?
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Cause he's a lame @$$? Always has been. And least she was easy on the eyes.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    Yeah, he's great on Ultimate Spider-Man, but New Avengers lately has been lacking, the thrid annual that came out was the only thing that made me change my mind about dropping the book all together. "
    It's the same stuff over and over.He doesn't do anything interesting with them.He finds one huge group and puts them against the New Avengers and then repeats it. "
    I know! He could do so much more with the team, but he just throws the Hood at them in every freakin' arc, I mean right when you think they and Dr. Strange beat him, Bendis just throws in Loki and he's back hunting the Avengers. I'm probably going to hate the Seige story arc...
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Gambler said:
    " Cause he's a lame @$$? Always has been. And least she was easy on the eyes. "
    Have you been reading Mighty Avengers?
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By geraldthesloth

No Caption Provided
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Gambler said:
    Have you been reading Mighty Avengers? "
    Not recently no. But I've read enough Avengers stories from back in the day to know (in my opinion of course) that no matter what he does he will always be a lame ass. Its his character to be despised. Even if the whole beating his wife thing doesn't factor in, there are so many other reasons why he's just a scrub. Ultron being one, destroying Janet's clothes just cause she's taking to long to get dressed would be another. Dude's a scumbag.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Gambler said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Gambler said:
    Not recently no. But I've read enough Avengers stories from back in the day to know (in my opinion of course) that no matter what he does he will always be a lame ass. Its his character to be despised. Even if the whole beating his wife thing doesn't factor in, there are so many other reasons why he's just a scrub. Ultron being one, destroying Janet's clothes just cause she's taking to long to get dressed would be another. Dude's a scumbag. "
    See that is how I felt before I read Mighty Avengers.Dan Slott really knows how to turn a character around.There are no Avengers I despised more than Triathlon and Pym and Slott made both of them tolerable.I can't say Pym is one of my favorite characters now but I at least don't mind him sticking around.Kind of like Quicksilver.He's not my favorite Avenger or even one of them but it's nice to have him around.He evens the team out.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By Nighthunter

Dan Slott has a passion for the character though, he has really pushed it through to develop the character and show why as an original avenger he should be an a-list character

really recommend it . In just what Slott has had of his run on Mighty Avengers he has transformed Hank Pym from a character that I thought lame to my favorite original avenger and my second favorite avenger of all time

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#64  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @Gambler said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Gambler said:
    Not recently no. But I've read enough Avengers stories from back in the day to know (in my opinion of course) that no matter what he does he will always be a lame ass. Its his character to be despised. Even if the whole beating his wife thing doesn't factor in, there are so many other reasons why he's just a scrub. Ultron being one, destroying Janet's clothes just cause she's taking to long to get dressed would be another. Dude's a scumbag. "
    No he is just the most human character lol
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Nighthunter said:
    "Dan Slott has a passion for the character though, he has really pushed it through to develop the character and show why as an original avenger he should be an a-list character  really recommend it . In just what Slott has had of his run on Mighty Avengers he has transformed Hank Pym from a character that I thought lame to my favorite original avenger and my second favorite avenger of all time "
    I agree, I like how Slott showed Hanks feeling about how it was like for him to be a founding Avenger along side Iron Man and Thor, and how when he found out Iron Man was Stark, he didn't feel like he brought anything to the table, and then showed him rise up over this and comes out a more greater hero then he has ever been before, just great character development right there.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Gambler said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Gambler said:
    See that is how I felt before I read Mighty Avengers.Dan Slott really knows how to turn a character around.There are no Avengers I despised more than Triathlon and Pym and Slott made both of them tolerable.I can't say Pym is one of my favorite characters now but I at least don't mind him sticking around.Kind of like Quicksilver.He's not my favorite Avenger or even one of them but it's nice to have him around.He evens the team out. "
    Maybe I'll have to check it out. I doubt anything short of Pym sacrificing himself for the life of another would change my opinion of him though.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Gambler said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Gambler said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Gambler said:
    See that is how I felt before I read Mighty Avengers.Dan Slott really knows how to turn a character around.There are no Avengers I despised more than Triathlon and Pym and Slott made both of them tolerable.I can't say Pym is one of my favorite characters now but I at least don't mind him sticking around.Kind of like Quicksilver.He's not my favorite Avenger or even one of them but it's nice to have him around.He evens the team out. "
    Maybe I'll have to check it out. I doubt anything short of Pym sacrificing himself for the life of another would change my opinion of him though. "
    Eh, well you can't like everyone :P
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @War Killer said:
    " Eh, well you can't like everyone :P "
    Its true.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Gambler said:
    " @War Killer said:
    Its true. "
    I know man, if it wasn't for Slott's great writing, I'd never have liked the book, I really don't give a crap about most of the team, non of them interest me except Hank and Stature, and sometimes Herc (but that's only because he's my backup Thor). I could care less about the other chatacters
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#71  Edited By Nighthunter

Seriously, Slott was the only reason I tried the book. Loved it ever since. 

Between all the sh!t that Bendis has put on the name (both in Dark, New and when he was writing it Mighty) is nice to see that there is one writer who still gets what being an Avenger is all about

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#72  Edited By InnerVenom123

I still hate his guts. Wife beaters don't get redeemed IMO.  

He's a nutjob, "I changed my name to "The Wasp" in her memory"...  no, dude, its because all codenames you've ever had suck badly, and you figure the name of your dead wife is an improvement. 

All joking aside, I still hate him.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Truex said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " @Gambler said:
    " @War Killer said:
    Its true. "
    I know man, if it wasn't for Slott's great writing, I'd never have liked the book, I really don't give a crap about most of the team, non of them interest me except Hank and Stature, and sometimes Herc (but that's only because he's my backup Thor). I could care less about the other chatacters "
    How can you not love Quicksilver? He's such a douchebag "
    I've hated him so much, I just don't find him cool at all, I mean to me he just freaken sucks...but that's just me xD
    Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#74  Edited By VampireSelektor
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir:
    You've just described Rusty Venture.                

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.