Could Simon Pegg Play a Villain in Ant-Man?

Posted by inferiorego (25483 posts) - - Show Bio
Will Ant-Man ever come out? Who knows, but it's still slated to come out in 2012, and Edgar Wright is still attached to direct it. Joe Cornish is also still assigned as the screenwriter according to imdb. In days past, Edgar Wright and actor Simon Pegg have worked together on numerous occasions; most notably Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, and the television series Spaced. The begs the question, will the two work again on Ant-Man?

According to ViewLondon, Simon Pegg has expressed interest on the Ant-Man film. He may just be joking around a bit, but it seems as though Simon Pegg wants a role in the film, as he stated in a recent interview:

"I don't think I'd want to play Ant-Man. I think it would be more fun to play a villain in that thing. I'd like to play a villain. But no, they're going to want some good-looking young American. That's a Marvel movie – funny-looking British actors don't play a big part in that unless they're bad."

Would Simon Pegg work as a villain in the film? I don't see why not, but I can't figure out who he could play. He's got a lot of talent, and is a lot of fun to watch on the big screen, but who could he play? Your thoughts?
Staff
#1 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Egghead if they could do him and not make him look like a Conehead

#2 Posted by G-Man (34944 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Egghead.  

Super Hero Squad

Staff
#3 Posted by MaskedAvenger (19 posts) - - Show Bio

i could see him playing egghead as well just needs to shave his head
#4 Posted by <the skull> (265 posts) - - Show Bio

the only way to have him as egghead is to make him look like a cone head, id like to see 
#5 Posted by The Psyentist (17734 posts) - - Show Bio

SIMON PEGG!! <3 XD

#6 Posted by Grim (2080 posts) - - Show Bio

Pegg is a god. If he wants to be in your damn Avenger's movie, you find a way. make him a goofy scientist or Shield agent for crying out loud. ITS SIMON PEGG!!!
 honestly though, when any actor wants to be in these big budget movies, unless they want big bucks, you should squeeze them in. You can do it without making it a sleazy cameo. 
 Get it done Marvel.

#7 Posted by CaptainUseless (730 posts) - - Show Bio

I think making him Egghead would be good. He just needs to shave and then they could make the head egg-like by using CGI. Or he could be Scot Lang.

#8 Posted by Bishna (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron is british right?...right?

#9 Posted by SuperXAsh (510 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he could play The Voice or Whirlwind. >.>;;;

#10 Posted by Mumbles (846 posts) - - Show Bio

egghead,lol...what a stupid villian

#11 Posted by NightFang (10074 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he did play a okay villain in a episode of Doctor Who, so I say give it a shot.

#12 Edited by HT101 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know who Egghead is but I will research him and then make my decision on him. 
EDIT: After looking at the Egghead page, I totally think he would be great as Egghead.  Having him be a mad scientist would be great.  Also, how great of a team name is the Emissaries of Evil?

#13 Posted by smalltropolis (22 posts) - - Show Bio

No! Simon Pegg is...
The Highland Laddie

#14 Posted by Red Rum (357 posts) - - Show Bio

He obviously wouldn't be Ultron, but how awesome would a live-action Ultron be?

#15 Posted by comicbikerscott (152 posts) - - Show Bio

yes
#16 Posted by KingLoki (390 posts) - - Show Bio

Egghead. Yep.

#17 Posted by Lvenger (20220 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" Definitely Egghead.  

Super Hero Squad

"
Yes I can definitely see Simon Pegg as this guy. He would look and act the part perfectly.
#18 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

he can be serious; just look at hi role in Hot Fuzz, which was fantastic

#19 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Whirlwind is the villain they should go with for an Ant-Man movie. I just can't see Egghead as a serious villain, lol

#20 Posted by Journey Into Chaos (324 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man:  funny i completely agree.
#21 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

Besides Egghead, what other Ant Man bad guys are there?

#22 Posted by Gothic Storm (842 posts) - - Show Bio

Simon Pegg is hilarious. Even in a simple interview he is able to get in some jokes! But, alas, he is correct on the whole Marvel wanting good-looking Americans... (Marvel Studios that is) to play the lead roles. Who is Ant-Man's villain though? I don't really follow the little/big guy, so the question is... Who would Simon Pegg play?

#23 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah it would be good to see him in this. I gotta say that Nathan Fillion would be an amazing Hank Pym.
#24 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

Would be pretty funny. lol

#25 Posted by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio

Pegg would make a decent Scott Lang. I don't see him as Pym, really, unless they reinvent the character entirely (which I'm against)

But if they managed to make a viable Egghead, Pegg would tear it up.

Heh. "Pegghead"

#26 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever role he plays, they just NEED him in the movie.  I absolutely love Simon Pegg and think he can play comedy, drama, and action all equally well.  I doubt they'd make him the lead whether it were Pym, Lang, or O'Grady, but he should be in the movie.

#27 Posted by Pizawle (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.