Ant-Man Movie's Second Draft Delivered

Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio
Bleeding Cool has announced something all Ant-Man and Edgar Wright fans should be excited for. 

Joe Cornish has revealed that he and Edgar Wright delivered* the “second draft” of Ant Man just two days ago [April 7] .

Joe Cornish, co-writer of the Ant-Man movie, revealed this today. When asked if the Ant Man script was based on any specific comic series or run. He said that it is definitely not Kirkman's and would not say any more. 

The "small" advancement that this "High-Tech Spy Heist Film" is taking is certainly exciting especially since Edgar Wright seems to be very dedicated to the project.

While we will not see Ant-Man in the nearing Avengers movie, we should expect to see one of the shrinking man's incarnations translated into the big screen soon. Although Cornish is a fan of Robert Kirkman, he did confirm the movie would not be on his run on the character. Any of you would like to take a guess at what comic book run it will be based off then? Which Ant-Man will it be?

Ant-Man is still a work in progress but it is nice to know there is work being done allowing proximity to it's realization.

-- Geo (sora_thekey) 24/7 geek! -- Follow me on Twitter: @sora_thekey
#1 Posted by War Killer (20291 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!!!! ^__^

I hope they use Eric O'Grady!!!! ^_^

#2 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Hank Pym. I would have accepted Hank in the past and Scott in the present like they were talking about a while back but I've decided I won't accept Ant-Man unless it's Hank.
#3 Posted by TypingKira (3345 posts) - - Show Bio

HANK PYM FTW!!!!!

#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally! I was starting to lose faith in this movie. I love Ant-Man :)

#5 Posted by _Wildcard_ (364 posts) - - Show Bio

Nathan Fillion for Hank Pym. Anyone else would be a travesty....

#6 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
" Finally! I was starting to lose faith in this movie. I love Ant-Man :) "
I think this movie will be made before the Deadpool movie! (I trust Edward Wright more than Ryan Reynolds)
#7 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Eric O'Grady, please.

#8 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

HANK PYM. The greatest Scientist in the Marvel Universe :D

The other Ant-Men can't hold a candle to Hank.

#9 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12273 posts) - - Show Bio

Eric O'Grady FTW.

#10 Posted by ComicCrazy (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

LOVE IT

#11 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13624 posts) - - Show Bio

if its a heist film than itll probably be o'grady (hope not or else i wont see it) or Scott lang
#12 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Wildcard_ said:
" Nathan Fillion for Hank Pym. Anyone else would be a travesty.... "
#13 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
" @Gambit1024 said:
I think this movie will be made before the Deadpool movie! (I trust Edward Wright more than Ryan Reynolds) "
Agreed!  But then again, Fox pulled X-Men First Class out of nowhere in like a year O_o

#14 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
" @sora_thekey said:
" @Gambit1024 said:
I think this movie will be made before the Deadpool movie! (I trust Edward Wright more than Ryan Reynolds) "
Agreed!  But then again, Fox pulled X-Men First Class out of nowhere in like a year O_o "
And that doesn't look like it's going too good...
#15 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey: I have mixed feelings about it. All in all I'm boycotting all things X-Men until Fox stops making them (which doesn't seem very likely at this point) :(
#16 Posted by Hoboseid (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

sounds very good
#17 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like they won't be able to make everyone happy unless it's got Hank Pym and Eric O'Grady....might as well add Scott Lang in there.
#18 Posted by Skald (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Late to the party, but...

I like Edgar Wright. High hopes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.