Follow

Hank Pym

Character » Hank Pym appears in 3721 issues.

Hank Pym is a scientific genius, a founding member of the Avengers, the creator of Pym Particles and of Ultron, and a modern-day superhero who suffers from a Bipolar disorder. He has acted under many memorable identities such as Ant-Man, Giant Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, and the Wasp. He is also the Earth's Scientist Supreme, as decreed by Eternity.

Ant-Man Movie to be a "High-Tech Spy Heist Film"

• 64 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5dc80e5fe9494
    deactivated-5dc80e5fe9494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

gotta say it's gotta be pym... if it's going to link up with avengers..  no other way to do it  really..  other wise you've got all those newbie dumb questions all fans will hate having to answer or even deal with...

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Meteorite

I actually would really like this movie to come out some time soon. Ant-Man is a pretty fun character.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By Darkchild

Id like to see Pym or Scott Lang actually, O Grady is hilarious an awesome but i want the Ant man i grew up with or my dads Ant Man
    Avatar image for mercwithamouth2385
    MercWithaMouth2385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd hate to be a stick in the mud but I see alot of you seem to think the movie won't work without Pym.... unfortunately you are incorrect. This movie is not slated to come out until AFTER the Avengers movie which in my opinion means Pym will be in Avengers discovering the shrinking ability and using it to a certain point as a covert type armor for spying and whatnot.... the stand alone movie will more than likely switch characters to make it more exciting than a regular spin off. Meaning, either Lang or O'Grady can take his place.... I'm leaning towards O'Grady cuz he's a character that is going to grow and learn how to use the "stolen" suit and abilities possibly with the coaching of Pym as an appearence. As for it not working because non-comic fans will be confused is obsurd. How would they be confused by O'Grady being Antman when they don't even know who Antman is... or his identity for that matter. It truly doesn't matter in the movie adaptations of comics because if your not a fan you will not know the difference!
    brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By brc2000
    @MercWithaMouth2385:  I agree that O' Grady should be used, simply because he'd fit the high-tech spy thing more than Pym would. Plus I'm sure non-comic readers would get into him more than they would with Pym.
    Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#56  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

Pym is the man. 
    3d is awsomes for it. 
    Godlike13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Godlike13

Pym! He's a Lee/Kirby creation, he was the first, and he pioneered the role. It should be Pym. Plus then we can get Janet too. Not to mention involvement with the Avengers movies, hopefully.

Godlike13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Godlike13
    @Formidable said:

" I never understood why anyone liked ant man. A guy that can shrink and ride and talk to ants. "Oh no. Run! He.......shrank.  Isn't shrinking the equivalent of turning your enemies into giants? Yeah...that'll even the odds. "

Ya, dude can shrink yet still pack the same wallop as a grown man. Surprise attack galore, i don't know about anyone else but an inch tall dude just knocking some dude out with a hay maker is just cool.  Not to mention an army of ants at his disposal, which can do some damage.
    TheVindicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By TheVindicator
    @Godlike13 said:
    " @Formidable said:

" I never understood why anyone liked ant man. A guy that can shrink and ride and talk to ants. "Oh no. Run! He.......shrank.  Isn't shrinking the equivalent of turning your enemies into giants? Yeah...that'll even the odds. "

Ya, dude can shrink yet still pack the same wallop as a grown man. Surprise attack galore, i don't know about anyone else but an inch tall dude just knocking some dude out with a hay maker is just cool.  Not to mention an army of ants at his disposal, which can do some damage. "
    Guess it's in the eye of the beholder. I am tall so I can't really relate to a minuscule hero. I know he has his normal human strength but the drawbacks still outweigh the benefits. Atom retains his weight if he chooses so thats at least more PSI to his attacks but still. When Ant man shrinks he essentially give his enemies area affect attacks since he is so small a fist and foot are like trucks and they have a mile of reach proportionately. Ever had ants swarm you? a few slaps and they are all mush. Bees or wasps might be more effective. But ants are simply a momentary nuisance.

If most people could choose one power i am reasonably certain that shrinking would be on very few peoples lists if there were being honest. It just doesn't have that many advantages outside of stealth....and getting stepped on or swatted.
    LiamRawson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By LiamRawson

Can't see this one working. Cool for comics, not so for the big screen.

Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Theworldbreaker

It must be hank pym and if you disagree then you have to tell it to this guy 

kurtkolka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By kurtkolka

It makes a lot of sense to have Ant-man as a spy.  Back in the Tales to Astonish days, Hank Pym worked with an FBI agent named Lee Kearnes on a couple occasions.  (Sadly most people who don't like Hank Pym haven't read his early adventures by Lee & Kirby.  They were fantastic!)  Hank also battled Soviet spies on several occasions (Astonish #35, 36 come to memory immediately).

While I'd love to see Hank Pym in the movie, Wright said in earlier interviews he really enjoyed the Scott Lang version growing up.  So, I'm thinking he'll go with Lang.

comicguy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#63  Edited By comicguy9

got 2 be pym
    Terrareus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Terrareus

I'm sure it will be about Pym.  It would be awesome if it were about Lang though...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.