Follow

Hank Pym

Character » Hank Pym appears in 3721 issues.

Hank Pym is a scientific genius, a founding member of the Avengers, the creator of Pym Particles and of Ultron, and a modern-day superhero who suffers from a Bipolar disorder. He has acted under many memorable identities such as Ant-Man, Giant Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, and the Wasp. He is also the Earth's Scientist Supreme, as decreed by Eternity.

Ant-Man movie

Avatar image for brandonthejuggernaut
    brandonthejuggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

First I just want to ask; why does anyone want to see an Ant-Man movie? Giant-Man would be way cooler. I'm sorry but a super-hero that gets smaller, weaker, and controls bugs is just lame. If anything they should have him grow and shrink, thus allowing him to be a great spy, but also whoop some serious ass. The only reason I would want to see bugs is if Hank is trying to infiltrate someones base or hideout, needs some speed, and is like "Oh yeah, I have this invention that controls bugs...never really thought I'd find a use for it." This movie is going to end up being some Spy Kids-like movie aimed at children with cheesy spy gear and lame jokes and they won't be able to tie it into the Avengers without a revamp that no one will want to wait for.  
    If I were making the plot for this movie I would have Hank and Janet. Hank would create the Pym Particles and come up with plans for Ultron. He could be working for S.H.E.I.L.D. before the Iron Man movie took place, trying to come up with a new super-soldier serum(I said before the IM movie because than the obvious question of why IM didnt show up is answered and Hulk was too busy being hunted down). Bad guy steals plans for both, giving him Hank's powers, Hank gives them to Janet, who could know martial arts? They go super-spy and try to steal back Hank's plans but oh shit, Ultron's been built and.........activated. Then a huge battle breaks out between Giant-Man and Wasp VS Ultron in some city.  
    IDK just a little rant I guess, this will never happen but what do you think is going to happen with the movie?

the referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By the referee

Not a fan of Ant-man but i love The Atom. Any hero who can turn a minor  power like shrinking into an asset is my kind of hero. Second I always wondered how many heroes has Hank Pym been. Next (no offensive) you movie premise needs a little work but hey I don't know much about about Ant-man or Wasp.  Finally it's SHIELD

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Decoy Elite

A movie about Ant man would be okay. A movie about Hank Pym would be awesome. Hank's mental instability makes him a very interesting character, add in the fact that he basically invents most of his own enemies(thus you can get their origins out of the way quickly) and you can make a very solid movie that I personally would enjoy. It'd be nice to see someone like Hank on the big screen, kind of like Reed was in the FF movie, except less of an idiot and more of a crazy person.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Gambit1024
    @brandonthejuggernaut said:
    "

First I just want to ask; why does anyone want to see an Ant-Man movie ? Giant-Man would be way cooler. I'm sorry but a super-hero that gets smaller, weaker, and controls bugs is just lame . If anything they should have him grow and shrink , thus allowing him to be a great spy, but also whoop some serious ass. The only reason I would want to see bugs is if Hank is trying to infiltrate someones base or hideout, needs some speed, and is like "Oh yeah, I have this invention that controls bugs...never really thought I'd find a use for it." This movie is going to end up being some Spy Kids-like movie aimed at children with cheesy spy gear and lame jokes and they won't be able to tie it into the Avengers without a revamp that no one will want to wait for.   
    If I were making the plot for this movie I would have Hank and Janet. Hank would create the Pym Particles and come up with plans for Ultron. He could be working for S.H.E.I.L.D. before the Iron Man movie took place, trying to come up with a new super-soldier serum(I said before the IM movie because than the obvious question of why IM didnt show up is answered and Hulk was too busy being hunted down). Bad guy steals plans for both, giving him Hank's powers, Hank gives them to Janet, who could know martial arts? They go super-spy and try to steal back Hank's plans but oh shit, Ultron's been built and.........activated. Then a huge battle breaks out between Giant-Man and Wasp VS Ultron in some city.  
    IDK just a little rant I guess, this will never happen but what do you think is going to happen with the movie?

"
    - I like the character. I say he's sorta underrated... 

- He may get smaller, but that doesn't make him weaker. When he shrinks he maintains the strength of an average man. And you'd be surprised as to how useful insect communication could be.  

- He CAN grow and shrink... Well at least when he's Yellow Jacket.  

- I disagree. I think it could have a lot of potential to be a pretty big hit if handled correctly. Edgar Write is a talented guy. He knows what he's doing. It could easily be tied in if they make it so Hank works for SHIELD (and they've been in every movie so far).  

- I like your story idea. I would think they'd save Ultron for an Avengers movie, but I could see this working in an Ant-Man film.  

- That's a good question. I'd actually like it if they made it so it kinda mirrors your idea, but I have faith in this one. Guess we'll wait and see. 
    Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Captain13

I'm looking forward to an Ant-Man movie. The current Ant-man retains his strength and has flight when he shrinks. This makes him pretty dangerous since he's hard to hit. He can summon a gajillion ants to attack his opponents like the scarabs in The Mummy. And if the tone of the heist is similar to Inception or Ocean's 11, this movie could definitely work.

asafager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By asafager

Never gonna happen. Good or bad aspects of the idea aside, I would place money on this movie never being made. Ant-Man isn't A-list enough. He may make an appearance in an Avengers sequel, but that's the best he'll get as far as silver screen time. 
    Has anyone ever read Kirkman's run on Ant-Man? I love that guy's writing, but my comic store doesn't have it.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @asafager said:

" Never gonna happen. Good or bad aspects of the idea aside, I would place money on this movie never being made. Ant-Man isn't A-list enough. He may make an appearance in an Avengers sequel, but that's the best he'll get as far as silver screen time. Has anyone ever read Kirkman's run on Ant-Man? I love that guy's writing, but my comic store doesn't have it. "

A lot more people have heard of Ant-Man than had heard of Blade, Jonah Hex or Constantine.
    brandonthejuggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I think that him being able to only shrink would suck. I know that controlling bugs would be a dangerous weapon, it's just not that cool of one. I liked the character in the Ultimates for them most part other than the abusive part but, I haven't read much of him in the regular universe. Actually I think the only time I've read him in a comic was in the old X-men/Avengers Bloodties thing lol. I'm surprised this many people responded to this...post up your ideas for how you think the movie should be made.
    brandonthejuggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    "@asafager said:

" Never gonna happen. Good or bad aspects of the idea aside, I would place money on this movie never being made. Ant-Man isn't A-list enough. He may make an appearance in an Avengers sequel, but that's the best he'll get as far as silver screen time. Has anyone ever read Kirkman's run on Ant-Man? I love that guy's writing, but my comic store doesn't have it. "

A lot more people have heard of Ant-Man than had heard of Blade, Jonah Hex or Constantine. "

People don't know who Thor is, atleast not in the Marvel sense of the character. Some people behind me at the end of Iron-Man 2 said (when the hammer was shown) "Sweet, Iron-Man 3." lol Then my freind tells them that its a teaser for a Thor movie. Their response was "Ok? Since when does Iron-Man know Thor?" lol Also look at  Daredevil, Electra, Watchmen, Kick-Ass and so on.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.