Follow

Hank Pym

Character » Hank Pym appears in 3721 issues.

Hank Pym is a scientific genius, a founding member of the Avengers, the creator of Pym Particles and of Ultron, and a modern-day superhero who suffers from a Bipolar disorder. He has acted under many memorable identities such as Ant-Man, Giant Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, and the Wasp. He is also the Earth's Scientist Supreme, as decreed by Eternity.

Accuracy of Giantman's strength?

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DEADPOOL

It's stated that at 100 feet tall that he's able to lift 50 tons, is that realistic or just made up? What would his strength realistically be at 100 feet in height? 

Also, what of Ultimate Giantman's strength? I recall he can only become 60 feet tall at max since realistically that's when the human body wouldn't be able to support itself, so what's his general strength limit?

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By DEADPOOL

A year and a half later and no replies? Where are all of the nerds at?

mrfurious87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mrfurious87

Giant-Man is strongest at 12 feet, after twelve his strength is lost so as to help support his body, I would almost say that 50 tons would be about right at 100 feet, at twelve he is near 100 class, probably more at 85-90 but pretty close, Ill get some images to try and show everyone why I feel that way. As far as Ultimate Giant-Man I do believe he is class 100, but once again Ill have to do some research to confirm.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Gambit1024

See, I thought that his strength was proportional to his height. So if he can bench, say, 200 lbs at 6 feet, it'd be 3,333 lbs at 100 feet... But now after doing the math, that's kind of weak compared to the other heroes...

mrfurious87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mrfurious87

Ya marvel didn't use any math and just put him at 50 tons at 100 feet, where that strength came from is unknown, using a math formula I came up with a formula of 111% increase to strength every 6 feet. Marvel stats make absolutely no sense, at 10 feet Pym can lift roughly 1000lbs according to the handbook, however he has been shown to do so in excess at that height. a more realistic number at 10 feet would be 5-10 tons, as Cap can lift 1000lbs, and Giant-Man has shown to be quite stronger than Cap.

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit1024: No, strength doesn't increase quite so fast as size does.

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatedeadpool: Ok, using the square cube law, realistically:

If Giant Man's normal height is 6' then him increasing to 100' will mean he's grown by a square factor of 16.666... now strength increases by square factor meaning we have to square this to get the strength increase factor which turns out to be 277.777... Now the average untrained man can deadlift around 155 lb but we'll give Hank the benefit of the doubt and say he's a novice trainer able to deadlift 290lb. Multiplying this value by the strength increase factor we get 80,555.555... lb or 40.2777... tons, so they weren't too far off.

GeekyLord13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulksmash134: Hank Pym has the strength of a man his age, height, weight, and build who participates in intense regular training, so saying he has the strength of a novice trainer sounds kind of lowballed for him. Just saying. I'd say since he does intense exercise, he should deadlift about...227 kg (or 500 lbs).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.