H.A.M.M.E.R?

Posted by AmazingSpiderMike (144 posts) - - Show Bio

If S.H.I.E.L.D is an acronym for Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage, Law-Enforcement Division or Strategic Hazard Intervention, Espionage Logistics Directorate or Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division and A.R.M.O.R stands for Altered-Reality Monitoring and Operational Response and S.W.O.R.D. is (Sentient World Observation and Response Department). Can anyone tell me what H.A.M.M.E.R stands for?

#1 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

It stands for nothing. Norman once asked Victoria Hand to think of something. But it has never been brought up again.

#2 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

My guess is they planned to make it a plot point later on, but then realized they can't figure it either, so they just forgot about the whole thing.

#3 Posted by Husk45 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

So far Norman has made dark versions of the Avengers and the X-Men so do you think he will make a Dark Fantastic 4 and if so who will be in it?
#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24434 posts) - - Show Bio

i think dark reign has gone on long enough

#5 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@Husk45 said:
" So far Norman has made dark versions of the Avengers and the X-Men so do you think he will make a Dark Fantastic 4 and if so who will be in it? "
No, Dark Reign is over. There won't be anymore "Dark" teams.
#6 Posted by Eyelash30 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

H.A.M.M.E.R. was pathetic to exist if it wasn't going to be abbreviated for the series in Dark Reign. With Osborn allegedly institutionalized after the fray, I could only hope that H.A.M.M.E.R. makes itself up in some comeuppance in the future. HAMMER would be a dark alternative to Starks' disbanded Force Works cache. HAMMER to me is a metahuman mercenary core equivalent to the prior merc team Blackwater, ( Holistic Alliance Metahuman Mercenary Enforcement Recovery). Just a thought.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.