Follow

Hal Jordan

Character » Hal Jordan appears in 5295 issues.

With the ability to overcome great fear and harness the power of will, test-pilot Hal Jordan was chosen to be the Green Lantern of Sector 2814 inheriting the ring of the dying alien Green Lantern, Abin Sur. He later on went to creating his own power ring from his own will power. Through sheer will power and determination, Hal has established an impressive record of heroism across the galaxy with the help of his fellow Green Lanterns as well as his peers in the Justice League.

Superman Cameo In Green Lantern Movie?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    It's going to be MY movie!
    It's going to be MY movie!
    My fingers are crossed that this movie will rock.  I cannot wait for a Green Lantern/Hal Jordan movie. 

Co-screenwriter, Marc Guggenheim talked to MTV about how the writing is coming along.  He mentioned that Oa will look amazing:
    [T]he shots on Oa are spectacular.  What Oa looks like has never been seen on film.

What got my attention is the mention of cameos in the movie.  He brings up some good points.  He is for the "easter eggs" but you do have to be careful about them.  Too many could be distracting.  Then there's the casting.  Would casting an average actor harm any chances of that character appearing in their own movie later?  If Tom Welling was used as Superman, would that limit the movie to Smallville's (television) universe?  Should Brandon Routh be used when it's possible yet another actor could be wearing the red and blue tights whenever the next Superman movie flies into theatres?

Some easter egg cameos would be nice but should be handled carefully.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AtPhantom

So is this going to be connecting them all into a greater universe like marvel is doing?

I don't think they should do that, not with the superman franchise facing reboot.

Avatar image for the_emerald_knight
    The Emerald Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I really hope this movie will look awesome. Have they ever done a green Lantern movie?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Wait wait wait.... Marc Guggenheim? The writer of such boring shows as, "Brothers and Sisters", "Law & Order", and "CSI: Who cares"? Well, those are all gigantic hits on their respective networks. I'm hoping this movie will be awesome..... hoping...

Fa Shu Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fa Shu Kai

Cant wait for this movie

Tae Kwon MOE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tae Kwon MOE

I really want to see them do the Flash!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck
    inferiorego said:
    "Wait wait wait.... Marc Guggenheim? The writer of such boring shows as, "Brothers and Sisters", "Law & Order", and "CSI: Who cares"? Well, those are all gigantic hits on their respective networks. I'm hoping this movie will be awesome..... hoping..."
    I've liked the humor he's added to the Spider-Man issues he's written.  He's co-writing it.  Not sure who with.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Nighthunter

Writer Marc Guggenheim told MTV a little about the movie and a possible visitor from Smallville. "This morning, we sat down to talk Green Lantern," Guggenheim said, "and we ended up riffing for an hour and a half on another, much more obscure character. Sometimes, you just have to roll with it when inspiration strikes, you know? I’m sure the studio wouldn’t be happy about it, but we’re not going to blow the deadline. We’ll get it in."

Release date in 2010.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Moomin123

I hope Brandon Routh is in this movie as Superman. Anyone else will ruin it.

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By MrMiracle77

They're not making a Green Lantern movie.  Warner will get cold feet like they always do.
    Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Mbecks14

i want a John Stewart cameo!!!

and a kyle/guy one too. it'd be cool if they could work in the other earth lanterns.

i love superman but idk about a cameo in the GL movie.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By goldenkey

Oh, wasn't a member then.  That must have been when comicvine wasn't good yet.
    Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ownerz

This movie should first and foremost be about Hal, the Lantern, the ring and the Corp. I hope they keep Superman out of this movie, Smallville jumped the shark years ago and there hasn't been a quality enjoyably top Superman film since 1980, that's almost 30 years ago Chris and Donner has given us the good stuff 

Lantern needs a decent shot without any outside interference from WB or DC, and frankly Superman Returns sucked

Green Lantern is about Hal, not Batman, not Clark its about Hal or Kyle or whoever else is in the Corp
    Superman is not cool anymore the guy is damaged goods. Too many cooks in this kitchen.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By Moomin123
    @MrMiracle77 said:
    "They're not making a Green Lantern movie.  Warner will get cold feet like they always do. "

wrong!!!
    Mahtu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mahtu

I think they need to keep Brandon Routh as Superman he did a good job and for continuity purposes it wouldn't hurt to keep the same actors.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Mahtu:
    really? i didnt like his portrayal of superman and they are rebooting Superman again, so they probably will go with a new actor i would think

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.