Speculating the future of Hal and Sinestro (SPOILER DISCUSSION)

#1 Edited by sinestro_GL (3321 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, with Hal and Sinestro having been stuck in the dead zone since the events of the mind-blowing Green Lantern Annual, and the emergence of Simon Baz with Sinestro's power ring, what do you guys think will happen to Hal and Sinestro?

The DC website only reveals that there is a "shocking" fate regarding the two...buuuuuuuuuut that phrase gets used way too often, and doesn't always reveal something shocking in the end....

But, I'm just curious to know what are the other ideas out there...

#2 Posted by sinestro_GL (3321 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#3 Posted by JohnnyGat (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro and Hal will switch minds but still have access to the other memories by the end of the arc he kills Hal in Sinestro's body and exclaims "...I'll be a better Hal Jordan than you ever were. From this day forth I shall become. The superior Hal Jordan".

wait

#4 Edited by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro and Hal eventually reestablish a link through Carol Ferris's Star Sapphire ring. The result is a horde of Black Lanterns residing in the Dead Zone swarm them as the portal opens, sensing the emotion creating it. Only Hal can get free of the Dead Zone, since the connection is through him. Sinestro shoves Hal through the portal. It closes as Sinestro is left behind being swarmed by Black Lanterns.

Skip forward a couple months real time, Sinestro comes back as the new leader of the Black Lantern Corps, with a new goal and purpose.

#5 Posted by Squalleon (4834 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

Sinestro and Hal eventually reestablish a link through Carol Ferris's Star Sapphire ring. The result is a horde of Black Lanterns residing in the Dead Zone swarm them as the portal opens, sensing the emotion creating it. Only Hal can get free of the Dead Zone, since the connection is through him. Sinestro shoves Hal through the portal. It closes as Sinestro is left behind being swarmed by Black Lanterns.

Skip forward a couple months real time, Sinestro comes back as the new leader of the Black Lantern Corps, with a new goal and purpose.

or the opposite!!!!

HAL JORDAN WILL BECAME THE GREATEST BLACK LANTERN

#6 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon said:

or the opposite!!!!

That might work as well. Say Hal tosses Sinestro through. Given that Hal has no ring powers currently, whereas Sinestro is a Green, it'd make sense, but given the whole backlash with Hal becoming Parallax, I wouldn't take my chances with making him a Black Lantern.

#7 Posted by Squalleon (4834 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

@Squalleon said:

or the opposite!!!!

That might work as well. Say Hal tosses Sinestro through. Given that Hal has no ring powers currently, whereas Sinestro is a Green, it'd make sense, but given the whole backlash with Hal becoming Parallax, I wouldn't take my chances with making him a Black Lantern.

Hal might became a black lantern for awhile!

Since the book of black said so!

#8 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13612 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon said:

@JonSmith said:

@Squalleon said:

or the opposite!!!!

Hal might became a black lantern for awhile!

Since the book of black said so!

this, Sinestro has no ring currently as well.

#9 Posted by Superdork (912 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_GL: Hal and Sinestro become Black Lanterns. The kill the third army and the first Lantern. Hal kills the entire multi-color Corps and Coast City. Simon Baz (the new Kyle) becomes the Torchbearer. He saves the world from the Black Corps War. He helps restart the GLC. Hal is rebirthed (again) and he feels terrible, so he becomes the mature Hal people loved before the Green Lantern movie. We find out it was never Hal's fault and that he was just controlled by the Death entity.

Sinestro returns too. He worships fear and the anti-monitor again because he loses faith in the GLC. Atrocitus reforms the RLC because he blames Hal and the GLC for the third army invasion and Black Corps War. Larfleeze goes back to being greedy. Hope returns. The status quo returns. Green Lantern sales rise. Red Lanterns is cancelled. Guy and Baz get their own books. Kyle gets his own book. Hal gets his own book. Geoff continues to forget John Stewart exists.

The end.

#10 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13612 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork said:

@sinestro_GL: Hal and Sinestro become Black Lanterns. The kill the third army and the first Lantern. Hal kills the entire multi-color Corps and Coast City. Simon Baz (the new Kyle) becomes the Torchbearer. He saves the world from the Black Corps War. He helps restart the GLC. Hal is rebirthed (again) and he feels terrible, so he becomes the mature Hal people loved before the Green Lantern movie. We find out it was never Hal's fault and that he was just controlled by the Death entity.

Sinestro returns too. He worships fear and the anti-monitor again because he loses faith in the GLC. Atrocitus reforms the RLC because he blames Hal and the GLC for the third army invasion and Black Corps War. Larfleeze goes back to being greedy. Hope returns. The status quo returns. Green Lantern sales rise. Red Lanterns is cancelled. Guy and Baz get their own books. Kyle gets his own book. Hal gets his own book. Geoff continues to forget John Stewart exists.

The end.

wouldn't that already be established if Hal was a black lantern?

#11 Posted by Superdork (912 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: It was a joke. I'm saying that Johns is retelling Kyle's story with a different character and minor changes to fix the GL franchise. The part you boldened was me making fun of this for not being an original story and Johns redoing his Green Lantern Rebirth story with not many people realizing it.

#12 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13612 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: It was a joke. I'm saying that Johns is retelling Kyle's story with a different character and minor changes to fix the GL franchise. The part you boldened was me making fun of this for not being an original story and Johns redoing his Green Lantern Rebirth story with not many people realizing it.

yes, we all know what your saying. i was being snarky.

#13 Posted by Superdork (912 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: my b. =]

#14 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13612 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: my b. =]

no prob : )

#15 Posted by HalJordan888 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Hal becoming a Black Lantern theory mainly from the Book of Black prophecy.

#16 Posted by sinestro_GL (3321 posts) - - Show Bio

@HalJordan888 said:

I agree with Hal becoming a Black Lantern theory mainly from the Book of Black prophecy.

...and Sinestro too?

#17 Posted by HalJordan888 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro's fate is up in the air right now.

#18 Posted by KZR (481 posts) - - Show Bio

A horde of Black Lanterns kill Hal and Sinestro and as a result Sinestro's ring goes to Simon Baz ( obviously because Sinestro is dead).

#19 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13612 posts) - - Show Bio

an upcoming solicit has Sinestro fighting Kyle Rayner and says there's a new white lantern in town.

#20 Posted by consolemaster001 (6076 posts) - - Show Bio

They'll be black lanterns

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.