So...Why wasen't Hal part of the DCAU?

#1 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

Does he even exist on the DCAU? Does Guy exist there too?

#2 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
" Does he even exist on the DCAU? Does Guy exist there too? "
Well yes and no. Hal does exist in the DCAU but only for one scene. This will help:  
  As for Guy he did appear in an issue of the JLU comic but I'm not sure if those are canon.
#3 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Dead Pool: Guy appeared in the comic?
#4 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

They chose John Stewart for a multi racial League, If you notice, Hawkgirl and all the Thanagarians are supposed to have a Latino sort of accent.

Hal Jordan and Kyle Rayner were both part of the Corps. they were just working different sectors

#5 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: Yeah I don't remember the issue number but I do remember he fought Darkseid in it and won so at least he was a bad ass in it.
#6 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle: I really don't see why they couldn't have had Black Lightning and put in Kyle as the resident GL
#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Dead Pool said:
" @cattlebattle: I really don't see why they couldn't have had Black Lightning and put in Kyle as the resident GL "
Because Black Lightning wasn't a recognizable member of the League, neither was Hawkgirl I know, I actually came to love John Stewart. Phil Lamar did an epic job of voicing him
#8 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle: I'm not denying any of that it's just with Kyle we could have seen some constructs other than a force field and force blast
#9 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Dead Pool said:
" @cattlebattle: I'm not denying any of that it's just with Kyle we could have seen some constructs other than a force field and force blast "
Predominantly GL made blasts and fields, In one of the commentarys Bruce Timm stated he wanted to keep it more practical (why would he make a gun construct when he could just fire a beam) Stewart rarely made other things though. Personally I enjoyed the lack of constructs, I always thought it made GL kind of corny, Like giant fly swatters and whatnot.
#10 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle: Still constructs are a staple of the GL mythos and not having a GL make them is just a crime.
#11 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

I really didn't mind if John was the main GL, but Hal should have appeared there at least in background...well at least Hal is in Young Justice. Kyle never got any justice in DCAU.

#12 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84356 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
" If you notice, Hawkgirl and all the Thanagarians are supposed to have a Latino sort of accent."
I never got that impression myself. But I guess its possible.
#13 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler:  Me neither. 
#14 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

I just some some scan of Guy Gardner being part of the DCAU...

#15 Posted by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle:  

Thanagarians are supposed to have a Latino sort of accent.

Didn't notice that,Though i know the woman who voiced Hawkgirl was Latina,but she didn't have a real accent because i believe she is U.S born.She plays the mom on Wizards of Waverly Place.

I believe her name is Maria.. something..lol
#16 Posted by Doctor Damn (740 posts) - - Show Bio

John Stewart was supposed to be Hal Jordan. Hal Jordan wasn't part of the DCAU, his appearance in JLU was in an episode where reality was being warped if memory serves. Kyle Rayner was part of the DCAU, though.

#17 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12398 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64 said:

"I just some some scan of Guy Gardner being part of the DCAU... "

he was in it, he was some punkass thug who tried to steal jimmy olsens camera but got his ass whooped by kyle rayner

@Aqua11500 said:

" @cattlebattle:  

Thanagarians are supposed to have a Latino sort of accent.

Didn't notice that,Though i know the woman who voiced Hawkgirl was Latina,but she didn't have a real accent because i believe she is U.S born.She plays the mom on Wizards of Waverly Place.

I believe her name is Maria.. something..lol

"

its maria canals barrera

kyle was supposed to be the primary lantern in the dcau like he was in the comics at the time, wich is why he was the one they introduced in superman tas.

but justice league needed a token so yea..........

#18 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12398 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
"I really didn't mind if John was the main GL, but Hal should have appeared there at least in background...well at least Hal is in Young Justice. Kyle never got any justice in DCAU. "

screw that, hal or kyle should have been the main gl. at least kyle got that one episode of superman devoted to him.

he pretty much got the same treatment as the creeper though slightly better

#19 Posted by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Warhawk really a love child of Stewart and Shiera? 

#20 Posted by IIDEADxPOOLII (1414 posts) - - Show Bio
@GreenLantern555:
From what I can tell yes.
#21 Posted by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio
@IIDEADxPOOLII said:
" @GreenLantern555: From what I can tell yes. "
Well, JLU is so far from the truth when it comes to the heros stories and such, I just wasn't sure.
#22 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @cattlebattle said:
" If you notice, Hawkgirl and all the Thanagarians are supposed to have a Latino sort of accent."
I never got that impression myself. But I guess its possible. "
It's quite possible that it was just Hawkgirl who had it, due to being voiced by Maria Canals-Barerra

@GreenLantern555 said:
" Is Warhawk really a love child of Stewart and Shiera?  "
Everything points to it, and I believe it's outright stated at least once. 
#23 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt: Guy also appeared in the comics of the JLU as a Green Lantern...yes Kyle should have appeared more often.
#24 Posted by IIDEADxPOOLII (1414 posts) - - Show Bio
@GreenLantern555 said:
" @IIDEADxPOOLII said:
" @GreenLantern555: From what I can tell yes. "
Well, JLU is so far from the truth when it comes to the heros stories and such, I just wasn't sure. "

Well it is apart of the Animated Universe which pratically has nothing to do with the comics.
#25 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Gambler said:
" @cattlebattle said:
I never got that impression myself. But I guess its possible. "
It's quite possible that it was just Hawkgirl who had it, due to being voiced by Maria Canals-Barerra

@GreenLantern555 said:
" Is Warhawk really a love child of Stewart and Shiera?  "
Everything points to it, and I believe it's outright stated at least once. 
"
All the Hawk people in "starcrossed" were voiced by Hispanic actors/actresses. Bruce Timm confirms their intentions of Hawkpeople having Latino feel of some sort on the commentary of Satrcrossed part 2
#26 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

He was, he just became a GL off screen.  Kyle was the only GL we actually saw become a Lantern on screen, John and Hal were already Lanterns and in space.  

#27 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal does not exist in DCAU. He only existed in one episode when Chronos or whoever was rewriting reality. John and Kyle are the only human lanterns in DCAU.

#28 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he's a lousy superhero.

#29 Posted by Manchine (3859 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
" @Mr. Dead Pool said:
" @cattlebattle: I'm not denying any of that it's just with Kyle we could have seen some constructs other than a force field and force blast "
Predominantly GL made blasts and fields, In one of the commentarys Bruce Timm stated he wanted to keep it more practical (why would he make a gun construct when he could just fire a beam) Stewart rarely made other things though. Personally I enjoyed the lack of constructs, I always thought it made GL kind of corny, Like giant fly swatters and whatnot. "
What he said.  =)
#30 Posted by ComicStooge (11802 posts) - - Show Bio

Because John Stewart is a cooler character!

#31 Posted by britsera (204 posts) - - Show Bio

I ended up liking John. The default commander when WF were off somewhere. And his love triangle thing was fun (though I would totally sacrifice it to see some quality Bruce-Diana action...;) Still hoping!)

I feel like a saw Guy in the background in the watchtower at some point, or during an attack on oa (I feel like I noticed Kyle there too) ... I could be wrong though. It's been a while since I've seen it, and I wasn't really looking for Guy

Heard about the Latino thing a while ago. Go back and listen to Hro Talak in Starcrossed, especially the scene where he explains things and fight GL. His voice sounds kind of thick and accented, especially when him and GL start talking (GL tends to be very blunt and clear when he speaks). The others birds I didn't notice as much.

#32 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8724 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal isn't cool enough to be in the JLU animated for more then a few minutes

#33 Posted by BlackWind (5345 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: I thought I was the only one who notified that. Even if her VA was a Latina, Shayera always struck me as a Latin woman, alien or not.

#34 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12398 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

Hal does not exist in DCAU. He only existed in one episode when Chronos or whoever was rewriting reality. John and Kyle are the only human lanterns in DCAU.

he exists he's just not active. apparently he's John's retired predecessor, according to Dwayne Mcduffie.

#35 Posted by Freddy_F_Freeman (47 posts) - - Show Bio

lol Hal couldnt be the main GL because the original JL series started in 2001 when he was still dead, so i think John was the best choice seeing as Kyle's backstory involves the entire GL core being dead and Hal being evil

#36 Posted by Cyclops4ever (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal is the best Green Lantern, thats why DC opts to use him in most of their major GL projects, you people that are dissing him are racist big time.

#37 Posted by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Kyle Rayner 
2. Baz and Hal tied 
3. Alan Scott 
4.Guy Gardner 
5. John "Smelly" Stewart (thats right, i went there!)

#38 Posted by BlackWind (5345 posts) - - Show Bio

John was(and still is) the most unknown human GL, giving the writers some freedoms with him. John adding diversity to the team was just icing on the cake.

#39 Posted by consolemaster001 (4893 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64 said:

Does he even exist on the DCAU? Does Guy exist there too?

because diversity.....also hal was a villian at the time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.