So the first story arc is finished....

#1 Posted by xScorchedx (74 posts) - - Show Bio

I am new to comic books, inspired by the "new 52" movement. I decided to have Green Lantern be one of the titles I would get each month and I have enjoyed to some degree, but is anyone else a little disappointed that the focus isn't on Hal at all and pretty much on Sinestro? I was expecting to start from square one with the character not be lost with what is going on because of past issues from a history of comics. Wasn't the whole point of the new 52 to eliminate that?

#2 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro being on the first cover, Him being assigned to at sector, And Hal Jordan being decommissioned we're all indicators that he would be the star.

#3 Posted by xScorchedx (74 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: Will Hal become the focus eventually you think?

#4 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

@xScorchedx:I read somewhere that Sinestro will be headlining for quite a while.

Yeah, the 52 is *mostly* accessible, bar Green Lantern and to a lesser extent, Batman. Weird, I know.

#5 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@xScorchedx said:

@Kallarkz: Will Hal become the focus eventually you think?

I think they will continue to show them both for quite some time.

To be honest I like seeing Sinestro like this.It's possible that one day Hal might become the star...but with things how they are right now it seems doubtful. People are really liking this book.

#6 Posted by xScorchedx (74 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: Yeah I think it's pretty sweet that Sinestro is awesome enough to be the star, it just almost feels like there should be two separate books entirely.

#7 Posted by xScorchedx (74 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan: I guess those were there most successful titles and didn't want to ruin a good thing?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.