Follow

Hal Jordan

Character » Hal Jordan appears in 5295 issues.

With the ability to overcome great fear and harness the power of will, test-pilot Hal Jordan was chosen to be the Green Lantern of Sector 2814 inheriting the ring of the dying alien Green Lantern, Abin Sur. He later on went to creating his own power ring from his own will power. Through sheer will power and determination, Hal has established an impressive record of heroism across the galaxy with the help of his fellow Green Lanterns as well as his peers in the Justice League.

Pedophile???

• 116 results
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#101  Edited By JonesDeini

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@mr.obvious:
    Here's the thing, he's not technically a pedophile, but he still, in many respects, raped the girl.

Arisia was 13 and a huge crush on Hal Jordan. Hal had said multiple times that she was cute, though there's nothing to assume that was anything more than just a general compliment. However, at one point when the two were trapped together, Arisia subconsciously aged herself 4 years, making her now 17. Apparently this aged her mentally as well (even though that makes no sense). Arisia then tells Hal she wants a relationship with him, when the two are attacked. It is worth noting that the two had previously listed off romantic entanglements to which Hal listed half a dozen and Arisia listed zero.

Anyway, after the fight, Hal and Arisia have sex. This is literally about 15 minutes after her mental and physical properties have been unnaturally, and drastically, altered. Imagine if you just recovered from complete amnesia and a massive plastic surgery, only for someone you remember loving to have sex with you 15 minutes later. Now, imagine the love you felt for that person came from a 13 year old version of you. If that doesn't scream statutory rape, nothing does.So no, he's not really a pedophile, he is however, a statutory rapist douchebag. He never once tried to convince Arisia that maybe what had happened wasn't a good thing, and the fact that he was responsible for stealing her childhood was, again, not all that bad. He also had to repeatedly remind himself not to hit on the 16 year old Supergirl when the two were on a mission together. He's like 40, what the hell, Hal?

Yup, Hal's a prick. Also total pedo in my book. I don't recall Arisia aging mentally in that story (that may've been retconned recently) She was definitely about 13 in human years, but in her own years she was about 100 something? Based on that Hal wasn't a pedophile but I think the spirit of his actions say otherwise. As the adult it is HIS and his responsibility alone to nip that situation in the bud, just like in real life.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#102  Edited By JonesDeini

@joshmightbe: Man, oh man, do I LOVE Silver Age Supes!!!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#103  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Wow, seriously? It was a dumb as hell, out of character arc that was retconned for a freaking reason. LET IT DIE.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#104  Edited By Inverno

Man... this is messed up.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105  Edited By Rumble Man

@mr.obvious:

Deal with it homeboy
    Deal with it homeboy

Both of them are consenting partners

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WTF ?!!

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@JonesDeini said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@mr.obvious:
    Here's the thing, he's not technically a pedophile, but he still, in many respects, raped the girl.

Arisia was 13 and a huge crush on Hal Jordan. Hal had said multiple times that she was cute, though there's nothing to assume that was anything more than just a general compliment. However, at one point when the two were trapped together, Arisia subconsciously aged herself 4 years, making her now 17. Apparently this aged her mentally as well (even though that makes no sense). Arisia then tells Hal she wants a relationship with him, when the two are attacked. It is worth noting that the two had previously listed off romantic entanglements to which Hal listed half a dozen and Arisia listed zero.

Anyway, after the fight, Hal and Arisia have sex. This is literally about 15 minutes after her mental and physical properties have been unnaturally, and drastically, altered. Imagine if you just recovered from complete amnesia and a massive plastic surgery, only for someone you remember loving to have sex with you 15 minutes later. Now, imagine the love you felt for that person came from a 13 year old version of you. If that doesn't scream statutory rape, nothing does.So no, he's not really a pedophile, he is however, a statutory rapist douchebag. He never once tried to convince Arisia that maybe what had happened wasn't a good thing, and the fact that he was responsible for stealing her childhood was, again, not all that bad. He also had to repeatedly remind himself not to hit on the 16 year old Supergirl when the two were on a mission together. He's like 40, what the hell, Hal?

Yup, Hal's a prick. Also total pedo in my book. I don't recall Arisia aging mentally in that story (that may've been retconned recently) She was definitely about 13 in human years, but in her own years she was about 100 something? Based on that Hal wasn't a pedophile but I think the spirit of his actions say otherwise. As the adult it is HIS and his responsibility alone to nip that situation in the bud, just like in real life.

no, she was 13 by her planets standards but over 200 years on ours

Edit: This was wrong, my mistake the actual thing is still below.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@JonesDeini said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@mr.obvious:

NVM i goofed, she was 14 by earth standards and 28 by her own planets standards in the ORIGINAL, the whole 200+ thing was a Geoffcon.

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rumble Man: Oh, wow

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Rumble Man

@consolemaster001 said:

@Rumble Man: Oh, wow

Whats the age of consent for Arisia's culture?

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@Trodorne said:

does it count when she is an alien? i mean our laws don't really apply to her....

This ... lol,

Anyone remember Kes? Her race lived for 9 years,,, And Nelix and Tom were all fighting over that ...

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt: I wonder if Hal rocked out to this song after....

DOESN'T MATTER HAD SEX

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#113  Edited By TheHulk

Hulk never even knew this happened. That gross.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Rumble Man

Age of consent, why judge from earth laws

she might be legal in her culture (what's the space laws on sex?)

Avatar image for teamunitednerds
    TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#115  Edited By TeamUnitedNerds

A pedophile is some attracted to pre-pubescent children. 13 is not pre-pubescent

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Jokes are on you, I never liked Hal Jordan because he did become the villain Parallax and he destroyed the Green Lantern Corps, killed his friend Killowog and all of the guardians except Ganthet after Coast City was destroyed. I like Kyle Rayner not Hal Jordan.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.