New 52 Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) Respect Thread

• 171 results
#101 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8756 posts) - - Show Bio

@clark_el: @raw_material: @jobbernos: @sog7dc: @sog7dc: @ccraft: @superdork: More scans

Green Lantern 21

The Templar Guardians elect Hals as the new leader of Green Lanterns Corps and pays respect to him,because of his deeds.

As his first act as new leader Hal Jordan open the ranks for new recruits ,because the Corps is diminished after many membersperished fighting Volthoom and the Third Army.

Hal Jordan manages to hold Larflezee rampage on OA by himself,until other members arrive and maanges to beat Larflezee constructs .

#102 Posted by ccraft (5260 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal is the man!

#103 Posted by Darksider555 (399 posts) - - Show Bio

@clark_el: @raw_material: @jobbernos: @sog7dc: @sog7dc: @ccraft: @superdork: More scans

Green Lantern 21

The Templar Guardians elect Hals as the new leader of Green Lanterns Corps and pays respect to him,because of his deeds.

As his first act as new leader Hal Jordan open the ranks for new recruits ,because the Corps is diminished after many membersperished fighting Volthoom and the Third Army.

Hal Jordan manages to hold Larflezee rampage on OA by himself,until other members arrive and maanges to beat Larflezee constructs .

Im getting the impression that Hal posseses the First Ring. My reasoning is based on this: After the First Lantern is killed, the Guardians say that the corrupted First ring went back into Volthooms universe and another ring will find their saviour, The ring message is " Scanning universe for replacment sentient." Doesnt the message say " Scanning sector xxxx for sentient replacment". And it GL 21 we see him resisting Larflezees constructs and their energy draining properties?

#104 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8756 posts) - - Show Bio

@darksider555: I didn't notice that. Yes,Hal was able to avoid being consumed by Larfleeze and also able to hurt them.

Green Lantern: New Guardians 21

Kyle and Hal face space shaarks

#105 Posted by cameron83 (7296 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Marvel and DC!

#106 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33379 posts) - - Show Bio

Every vehicle construct is hella cool

#107 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just me, but in the past few years it's been less about Hal Jordan for me and more about Geoff John's stories. In my book, any of the GL's could have been the lead and the stories would have been just as good (or bad in some cases).

#108 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8756 posts) - - Show Bio
#109 Posted by CaptainLantern76 (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@HalJordan888: Unfortunately he only use the Battle Ax ,in that scene and neither the fight against Amazo is showed

@GTG12: @majestic99: @Greenflashlight: @sethysquare: @Z3RO180:

Need to say something? LOL
Disable his constrcut before that hit Natro

Awesome

#110 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8756 posts) - - Show Bio

@darksider555: @cameron83: @jonny_anonymous: @captainlantern76: @ccraft: More scans

Green Lantern 22

Coordinating Green Lanterns Corps against Larflleeze,while trainning the novices.
With help of Saint Walker that boost their power rings,''kill'' the orange constructs.

Deducing the real intentions to Larfleeze invade OA,steal seized tresures and spaceships. Then orders Kilowog to send them to space so Larfleeze would follow and they coud destroy his constructs.

#111 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33379 posts) - - Show Bio

Good stuff

#112 Posted by Lvenger (19894 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice work.

#113 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8756 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: @captainlantern76: @lvenger: @jonny_anonymous: @atphantom @comicboy19: More scans

Flash Annual 2

Battling alien warriors alongside Flash.
Battling alien drones,power ring located the kidnapped children inside of it and Hal was able to see through their armor.
Hal and Barry goes to a deathmatch in alien arena,while his ring is running out of power.
By sheer willpower Hal can override the ring's protocols to give it to someone else,if he's incapacitated.

#114 Posted by CaptainLantern76 (553 posts) - - Show Bio

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

#115 Posted by Lvenger (19894 posts) - - Show Bio
#116 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8756 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Yeah!!

Green Lantern 23

Scanning a unnamed alien the ring indentifies its race and could locate their race in any part of the universe

Scanning a entire planet,as mentioned above Hal could use the ring to bypass security systems.
Redirecting energy blast.
Survive the toxic atosphere of the planet without the power ring aid for over 24 seconds.
Cutting Star Shappire constructs.

#117 Posted by Lvenger (19894 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Very nice scans. Glad to see Venditti's run is getting better.

#118 Posted by batmannflash (6219 posts) - - Show Bio

Jordan's constructs were especially good in issue 23 (redirecting energy blasts and cutting the constructs). Johns did an amazing job but Venditti's run is looking good as well

#119 Posted by DigitalShooter9 (1639 posts) - - Show Bio

He didnt demonstrate the will power to get his ring back, batman just "Gave" it to him

#120 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

great to see this thread is still alive

#121 Edited by batmannflash (6219 posts) - - Show Bio

Sadly, matchesmalone isn't here anymore, so I promised that I would fill in.

Green Lantern 24

Apparently Hal Jordan packs a "pretty decent wallop"
Some kind of awesome weapon
Carrying the lanterns around a chain construct

#122 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8756 posts) - - Show Bio
#123 Posted by Lvenger (19894 posts) - - Show Bio
#125 Posted by Lvenger (19894 posts) - - Show Bio
#126 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8756 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: permanent ban was considered,unfortunatelly

#127 Posted by Lvenger (19894 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: How come that option wasn't taken? Was it because of these threads?

#128 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8756 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Because of the battle thread,some people think that I always do mismatch for purpose...so many complains about that,especially because for two recent threads that aren't mismtach at least for me: Grodd (New 52) vs Black Panther,Namor vs H.I.V.E. Queen (New 52),after that I was banned

#129 Posted by Lvenger (19894 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: You misunderstand. I'd already heard that you were supposedly making mismatched fights and that was the reason for your ban. Was the reason why you weren't given a permanent ban linked to these respect threads you update?

#130 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8756 posts) - - Show Bio
#131 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8756 posts) - - Show Bio
#132 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13134 posts) - - Show Bio

#133 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8756 posts) - - Show Bio

@gtg12: @greenflashlight: @haljordan888: @outlawrenegade: @sethysquare: @tensor @shadowpro: More scans

Green Lanterns Annual 2

Leads Green Lanterns and Red Lanterns against Relic. Releasing Kyle from Relic's probes.

After the Reds take down Relic's ship and source Wall absorbed it,Jordan planned a distraction alongside the Indigo Tribe and his fellow human lanterns,so they could throw Relic inside the Wall.

#134 Posted by batmannflash (6219 posts) - - Show Bio
#135 Edited by Captain13 (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle is a pretty clever and powerful lantern. It was great seeing him save the day. Guy Gardner and his Reds really showed Relic what's up. Couldn't have done it without them. And thank God, John had an exit strategy, back up, and the power to establish a home base and new power battery for the corps. Hal led a nice frontal assault. He had a nice speech at the end too. There is a reason he calls himself the greatest!

Excellent issue.

#137 Posted by batmannflash (6219 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle is a pretty clever and powerful lantern. It was great seeing him save the day. Guy Gardner and his Reds really showed Relic what's up. Couldn't have done it without them. And thank God, John had an exit strategy, back up, and the power to establish a home base and new power battery for the corps. Hal led a nice frontal assault. He had a nice speech at the end too. There is a reason he calls himself the greatest!

Excellent issue.

Agreed. Amazing issue. Lights Out overall was a great story.

I love how Kyle, Hal, John, and Guy each got to shine.

#138 Edited by SOG7dc (7178 posts) - - Show Bio
#139 Edited by batmannflash (6219 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: he's good but I like the usual artist for GL better, to be honest.

#140 Posted by SOG7dc (7178 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: you like Tan? He's ok but this guy is awesome imo. Billy Tan makes Hal look too old imo and he draws with allot of unnecessary lines that make his character designs look dirty

#141 Edited by batmannflash (6219 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Both are good, and it's just a matter of personal preference. But I like Tan because I feel like his style fits Green Lanterns and the like

#142 Posted by SOG7dc (7178 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Both are good, and it's just a matter of personal preference. But I like Tan because I feel like his style fits Green Lanterns and the like

yeh to each his own. i always favor clean lines and crisp colors for GLs. like doug mahnke and this gu sean chen

#143 Edited by batmannflash (6219 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I see. That's cool too.

I like Jim Lee or Ivan Reis Green Lantern.

What do you think about Francis Manapul or Kenneth Rocafort drawing for Green Lantern?

#144 Posted by SOG7dc (7178 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I see. That's cool too.

I like Jim Lee or Ivan Reis Green Lantern.

What do you think about Francis Manapul or Kenneth Rocafort drawing for Green Lantern?

see i dont like Jim Lee drawing GLs. because Jim draws super buff characters and GLs are by in large ordinary people who get slected. Hal shouldnt be super buff but he should be the size of an American airforce pilot. you know what i mean? but Ivan gets it down perfectly. now Francis Manapul would be awesome but im not so sure about Rocafort. my ideal artist for GL, aside fromChen, is this guy named Mike Choi:

http://www.worthpoint.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Green-Lantern-5-Mike-Choi-variant.jpg

#145 Edited by batmannflash (6219 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Mike Choi looks pretty good. I love Jim Lee's art anyways lol. Hmm I don't think his GLs are too buff...I mean they do go through a bunch of training and are constantly fighting, so I would imagine that they get stronger over time. Manapul has been great on Flash so I figured he'd be great for GL too!

#146 Edited by SOG7dc (7178 posts) - - Show Bio
#147 Edited by batmannflash (6219 posts) - - Show Bio
#148 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8756 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern 25

Protetcing from energy blasts and bowling Star Shappire's clan.

Big Fist against Nol

#149 Posted by P00zer (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21:

thanks for the scans! :)

@captain13 said:

Excellent issue.

Agreed. Amazing issue. Lights Out overall was a great story.

I love how Kyle, Hal, John, and Guy each got to shine.

couldn't agree more

#150 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13134 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent issue.

When has Hal ever called himself the greatest?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.