Nathan Fillion is Hal Jordan in Green Lantern: Emerald Knights

• 73 results
Posted by G-Man (29429 posts) - - Show Bio

Television stars Nathan Fillion (Castle, Firefly) and Elisabeth Moss (Mad Men) lead a diverse cast of performers in Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, the next entry in the popular ongoing series of DC Universe Animated Original Movies. The live action Green Lantern film lands in theaters on June 17 but you can see Green Lantern: Emerald Knights when it's released on Blu-ray, DVD, On Demand and for Download on June 7.  

Green Lantern: Emerald Knights
Fillion provides the voice for the central character, Hal Jordan, the human Green Lantern of Sector 2814. This marks Fillion's return to the DC Animated Universe with his previous performance as Steve Trevor in the animated Wonder Woman film. 
 == TEASER == 
Moss will be voicing Arisia, a young recruit forced into her first mission on just her third day. Also providing their voices will be Henry Rollins (Sons of Anarchy, The Henry Rollins Show) as Kilowog, Jason Isaacs (the Harry Potter films) as Sinestro, legendary professional wrestler "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (They Live) as Bolphunga, Arnlod Vosloo (The Mummy) as Abin Sur, Kelly Hu (The Vampire Diaries) as Laira and Wade Williams (Prison Break) as Deegan. Radio Hall of Fame commentator/talk show host Michael Jackson voices Ganthet

Bruce Timm is the executive producer and the directors are Lauren Montgomery, Jay Oliva and Christopher Berkeley.
Staff Online
#1 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio

PERFECT!! then again, anything with Nathan Fillion is perfect :P

#2 Posted by _Wildcard_ (365 posts) - - Show Bio

well that makes sense. I still think he should be Hal in the movie, but alas... still, his voice acting is not to be taken lightly. his talents will surely shine through. (yes, i am a browncoat, don't judge me)

#3 Edited by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

WHY!?!?!?! WHY COULDN'T HE HAVE BEEN CAST IN THE REAL MOVIE INSTEAD OF RYAN REYNOLDS!?!?!?!?! IF HE WAS WE COULD HAVE DEADPOOL NOW!!!!!!!!    Sorry I know many people have said this before but in this case I think it bears repeating!!

#4 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

Henry Rollins as Kilowog is the best news i've heard all year.

#5 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by spider-man 2996 (660 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds cool. Are they making a Green Lantern animated series??

#7 Posted by Zaro27 (18 posts) - - Show Bio

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! 

Now they can use him as Hal when they reboot the live action franchise in 5 years. Awesome!

#8 Posted by Sammo21 (670 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds great, but I hope its better than the last DC Green Lantern animation.  I was really disappointed that they went the Sinestro is evil route so quick, add to fact you never once see them charge up or carry the lantern, AND so much happens so quick.

#9 Posted by _Wildcard_ (365 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel: yet that actually looked better than the actual trailer. was that a scene from planet of the apes that i saw? the one with the shuttle wreck?
#10 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Precise said:
" PERFECT!! then again, anything with Nathan Fillion is perfect :P "
agreed
#11 Posted by G-Man (29429 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: I can't wait to hear him in this.
Staff Online
#12 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" @Caligula: I can't wait to hear him in this. "
totally he seems like such a great match. He was always very commanding in his punk rock days. can't wait to see that drill instructor type voice placed on Kilowog. I think it will do justice for the character.
#13 Posted by Sammo21 (670 posts) - - Show Bio

OH, and HENRY FREAKING ROLLINS as Killowog?  That's amazing.  Seeing him speak and meeting him in person was one of the coolest moments in my life.

#14 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Wildcard_ : It's possible. I recognize most of the film clips used.
#15 Posted by The Psyentist (16350 posts) - - Show Bio

Nathan Fillion is a gem... get it? Emerald Knights? Tehehehe... ^_^

#16 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19713 posts) - - Show Bio

Well , they got this right at least

#17 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19713 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Psyentist said:
" Nathan Fillion is a gem... get it? Emerald Knights? Tehehehe... ^_^ "
Punderful
#18 Posted by Angelique_LeCount (9 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula:  Agreed
#19 Posted by G-Man (29429 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Psyentist said:

Staff Online
#20 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2157 posts) - - Show Bio

I always liked him for Hal Jordan:

Can't wait to see it, I thought that Timm said the project was canceled because lack of interest.
#21 Posted by JonesDeini (3616 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Dead Pool:  
Bingo
#22 Posted by red_rover (95 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man busted out the sad trombone!  Well played.

#23 Posted by Mercy_ (92085 posts) - - Show Bio
@Precise
PERFECT!! then again, anything with Nathan Fillion is perfect :P
QFUT.
#24 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1065 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder how those voices compare to First Flight.... ie i'm too lazy to IMDB it

#25 Posted by GL 2411 (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Rowdy Roddy Piper as Blophunga is casting gold.
#26 Posted by Sydpart2 (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

that's so funny he is voicing Hal after that GL fan trailer got him such a large amount of fan support to play him while they were still casting the live action film. The animation in this looks really similar to First Flight so it should be cool. Can't wait!

#27 Posted by Duncan (11327 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally justice.

#28 Posted by AndyPhifer (99 posts) - - Show Bio

He's got the perfect voice but not the right look / age. Makes sense to me!
#29 Posted by The Impersonator (4311 posts) - - Show Bio
@spider-man 2996: yes.
#30 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1160 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome. You can't go wrong with Nathan Fillion. Love him in Castle.

#31 Posted by DarkLantern (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome news! Nathan Fillion is the best.
#32 Posted by Angelique_LeCount (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy all of the time Disney is putting....excuse me "Marvel" is putting into the Green Lantern franchise but i wonder if they will finally portray the  story line correctly with 1: Atrocitus killing Abin Sur and 2: bringing in all of the colored spectrum lanterns seeing how they always seem to detour from this in their movies and series. We are all too aware of the Green Lanterns and their duties but never get the chance to see how powerful and needed the others are. Even if they do not i am interested still in how this will script out and even more intrigued by Henry Rollins taking the mantle of Kilowog. A build up to Parallax would also be a welcomed change of pace though me being disappointed again is clearly in my near future seeing how easily castrated Mickey seemingly loves to remain in neutral ill-informed storylines for what he sees as assured ratings instead of dropping a pair and taking a chance on facts and fan supported wants/needs...kill the mouse save the world.

#33 Posted by King Saturn (222830 posts) - - Show Bio
hmmmm... sounds awesome
#34 Posted by Sobe Cin (599 posts) - - Show Bio

As happy am I too hear this news. I am somewhat jaded about the over exposure of Green Lantern this year (honestly Bradley Cooper should have gotten it). There's already the movie coming out, a cartoon series with Josh Keaton as Hal Jordan coming this november. And now another animated romp with GL Hal Jordan (and recast from Christopher Meloni). All I got to ask is this a continuation of First Flight or a completely brand new adventure.  

Also I hate to say this but Fillion is too old to play a live action Hal Jordan. Other wise David Boreanez would have been my first ideal choice in the movie adaptation.
#35 Posted by knightofhonor100 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

is this a sequel to the last Green Lantern Animated Movie?
#36 Posted by Billy Batson (56951 posts) - - Show Bio

yay

#37 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea who Nathan Fillion is but I'll be getting this one anyways.

#38 Edited by xscarletkittie (594 posts) - - Show Bio
@Angelique_LeCount:  I think you've got the wrong company. Green Lantern is DC, not Marvel.
#39 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

Nathan has the perfect personality for GL.
#40 Posted by Jasonite (3 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man:  Emerald Knights has a lot to prove if it wants to be as good as First Flight...that set the standard for me.

J
#41 Posted by 00 Raiser (441 posts) - - Show Bio

I would die if they did a animated movie of Blackest Night! That would be freaking SWEET!

#42 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8755 posts) - - Show Bio

this is good news 

#43 Posted by The Psyentist (16350 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" @The Psyentist said:

"
I do not appreciate your tone Mr. G-Man!! I think it was spectacularly funny! :P
#44 Posted by EisforExtinction (1908 posts) - - Show Bio

Elisabeth Moss can get it.

#45 Posted by iAmZero (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this a sequel to First Flight, because I thought Arisia was already in the GL Corps

#46 Posted by NightFang (9648 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool!

#47 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

This will probably be better than the live action movie...but I'm surprised the didn't opt to get the voice actor in First Flight to come back, if this is a sequel that is...

#48 Posted by Fuloqwam (60 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope Jaron Pitts (creator of that fan trailer) got a huge cheque for this.  

#49 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11735 posts) - - Show Bio

what happened to Christopher Meloni...............and Michael Madsen.......bummer. well at leat Hal will be
#50 Posted by Mercy_ (92085 posts) - - Show Bio

<---is a Fillion fangirl. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.