Lots of New Gameplay Video of Green Lantern and Aquaman in 'Injustice: Gods Among Us'

• 87 results
#51 Posted by SmashBrawler (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13: Yeah, let's just forget about the time he had the water hand.

And can you please show me the issues where Cyborg uses that huge cannon. Oh yeah, they don't exist, because they devs made that up for this video game. Because that's what this is. A video game, not a comic book.

#52 Edited by Captain13 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: He actually used a similar cannon in the cartoon (the episode when trigon takes over), and since he's constantly upgrade by star labs and used as a desu ex machina anyway, I have no problem with that. And cannons are in his powerset.

Aquaman has never controlled water while on land in any medium. Water and lightning control are not in his power set. Why don't we just make Peter Parker spit venom in his video games? And you know what, let's give Superman intangibility. Anything goes in games, right?

-_-

#53 Posted by Iron_Turtle (579 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal looks like trash tier. His moveset is hot garbage juice.

#54 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13: and lets have joker be able to throw luther through a building... I agree that there are some major things 'wrong' with their showings, but it is a game, and it is fun, so I am okay with it. I really liked aquaman's power set btw. And about the lightning.. does his staff/trident thing have any power that could do that? Just a thought.

@briyen: thanks!

#55 Posted by SmashBrawler (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13: Yep, and why don't you also make an entire blog dedicated to explaining how the Hulk stomps Chris Redfield in every possible way. Because, you know, everything has to be exactly like the comics, and not just fun, like a video game.

#56 Posted by Captain13 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

@weaponx: I don't care about power levels in a fighting game. I do care about arbitrarily giving characters new powers.

And no, Aquaman's current trident has no lightning feats.

P.S. Jimmy Palmiotti says Batman and Jokers strength will be explained in-game.

#57 Posted by Captain13 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: You already understand my point but don't want to accept it, so I'm not going to post anymore.

Aquaman cannot control water or lightning. End of story.

Also Cyborg would curbstomp him with boom tube tech. It wouldn't even be a fight.

#58 Posted by SmashBrawler (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13: OK, I'm going to have fun playing my video game instead of bothering with pointless crap.

And I don't care who should win, these are clearly popularity fights for the most part.

#59 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13, Actually, in Smallville he controlled water and tossed Clark on his butt into the water while on land...without the trigon

Also, the whole GL's constructs argument you have to realize it's a fighting video game, he's not going to have a million constructs or he'd be mechanically/gameplay broken...which would suck and nobody would like, that means overpowered in case you're wondering what I mean by broken. I mean, by definition Superman could fly and just vape the entire stage with his heat vision but doesn't...why? Because of fair fight and balance within the gameplay. Besides, he has quite a few constructs I counted at least 7 moves which is alot...

@SmashBrawler said:

: Yep, and why don't you also make an entire blog dedicated to explaining how the Hulk stomps Chris Redfield in every possible way. Because, you know, everything has to be exactly like the comics, and not just fun, like a video game.

Exactly, that on top of balance within the gameplay.

#60 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did Grundy's tombstone say Cyrus Gold Born 1944, Died 1895?

#61 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like Grundy was destroying Hal. Why would Green Lantern fight Grundy up close when he can make long range constructs?

#62 Posted by jwalser3 (4798 posts) - - Show Bio

Green lantern: zzzzzzzz Aquaman: hell yeeeaaahhhh

#63 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking so awesome

#64 Posted by allhailme (288 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no problem with aquaman controlling water, if you pay attention to the story it kind of makes sense. Before this game takes place there has been years of tension between the regime and Atlantis with the two being on the brink of war. The abilities that have been given to him in this game are all staples of Atlantean sorcery, and IMO if he has been on the verge of war with some of the worlds most powerful beings for so long, he has both the time and motivation to learn it.

#65 Posted by TheReaper111 (127 posts) - - Show Bio

the website for this game dosent list all of the characters, does anyone have a full list of the ones they've announced?

#66 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13: Oh, cool!

#67 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping for something better for Hal. But, I'll take what I can get.

Also, can anyone tell me who is the guy on the left of Hal at the victory screen

#68 Posted by CitizenJP (594 posts) - - Show Bio

Gawd, I can't wait. There's no way I can just pick ONE. Ugghh so stoked. :)

#69 Posted by modunhanul (403 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern is not bad, but I kinda feel disappointed.

Grundy, Aquaman and Cyborg are awesome.

#70 Posted by LordRequiem (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman and Cyborg definately look cool. Green Lantern is very underwhelming with hardly any interesting constructs except the brick wall and gatling gun. Had it been Kyle Rayner then there would have been some opportunity for a much more interesting fighting style and elaborate constructs. Here's hoping Sinestro or Atrocitus make an appearance to redeem the lanterns.

#71 Posted by ravisher (673 posts) - - Show Bio

already pre ordered months ago

#72 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12590 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13 said:

@SmashBrawler: He actually used a similar cannon in the cartoon (the episode when trigon takes over), and since he's constantly upgrade by star labs and used as a desu ex machina anyway, I have no problem with that. And cannons are in his powerset.

Aquaman has never controlled water while on land in any medium. Water and lightning control are not in his power set. Why don't we just make Peter Parker spit venom in his video games? And you know what, let's give Superman intangibility. Anything goes in games, right?

-_-

if we're going by cartoon, technically Aquaman showed some hydrokinetic potential in is Batman: The Brave and The Bold Debut and there is water in nearly everything organic. Wayne Manor IS located near the Ocean iirc. DC wikia lists the trident s being able to control any body of water, create water elementals, create fog, summon earthquakes, manipulate and conjure water. these all make sense, its the f&%*&ng Trident of poseidon after all.

#73 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12590 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheReaper111 said:

the website for this game dosent list all of the characters, does anyone have a full list of the ones they've announced?

wikipedia has one

#74 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

OH, HELL YEAH AQUAMAN!!!! ROCKIN'!!

Is it just me or does Cyborg look silly being overly bulked up? Ever since the reboot, he seems more bulky robot than streamline cybernetic superhero.

#75 Posted by deadpool25mm (579 posts) - - Show Bio

@dtschemmel said:

AQUAMANNNNNN!!!!

yes guys, this day came that people will scream AQUAMAN!!! finally he became awesome ;) !

#76 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (994 posts) - - Show Bio

hahaha Grundy got robbed! And I really like the Water Whirlwind block on Aquaman too!

#77 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Weak, Grundy had that. He's going to be a beast.

#78 Posted by AmazingWebHead (1660 posts) - - Show Bio

SO. F*CKING. AWESOME!!!

#79 Posted by JakeN7 (11072 posts) - - Show Bio

@briyen said:

Green lantern was pretty disappointing, i was really hyped for him but not enough constructs

everyone else looks soooo gooood

I thought the same thing. Also, his victory animation looked really weird Everyone was just bobbing up and down, and Kilowog was the only one that was an in-game render (could that mean we may see more of him in the game? As a playable character perhaps?) It looked like all of those characters were just photoshopped in. It was really strange...

#80 Posted by JakeN7 (11072 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmo111687 said:

@Vaeternus: What I mean by "cardboard cut-outs" is that they're two-dimensional and that they don't actually move except by floating. It's a disappointment and looks especially shoddy next to the fully rendered, 3-D Killowog.

Totally agreed. I didn't see this before my first comment in which I complained about the same exact thing. Game still looks great though, I have the Collector's Edition fully bought and pre-ordered.

I also made a topic about Damian Wayne's possible appearance.

#81 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Grundy and GL looks so much fun to play with

#82 Posted by BryanEllison (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern's finish was awesome. Everytime I see these fights I get closer and closer to putting down a pre-order

#83 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal pulled a shoryuken at 1:17! And that water-shark summoning thing that Arthur did is pretty cool. Amazing...Grundy pulling a tombstone piledriver at 2:27. Really looking forward to this game.

#84 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7 , ehh ultimately despite not a lot of animation at the end of GL's winning with others behind him kind of trivial. The gameplay is what people should be worried about. I don't want Damian we already have enough Batman characters clogging up at least 1/4 of the games line up.

We need to see more diverse people like Raven, Doomsday, MMH etc from this point on.

#85 Posted by Toa_Manaia (124 posts) - - Show Bio

Grundy looks like a beast up close, I get the feeling that if you can get the opposing player to lose their footing, then you can bring some serious pain with Grundy's grapples. I actually felt that Grundy looked better during the match with his grapple type move set.

#86 Posted by Nightflash (713 posts) - - Show Bio

They really disappointed me with green lantern. At least have in glow all the time so it doesnt look like he is just using martial arts.

#87 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern is really underplayed here, i dont get it.. it was the same problem in the movie, how is it possible to make a man with the power to create ANYTHING with his mind boring.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.