Lots of New Gameplay Video of Green Lantern and Aquaman in 'Injustice: Gods Among Us'

• 87 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (48633 posts) - - Show Bio

To help boost the hype for the DC fighting game, there's currently an 'Injustice: Gods Among Us' championship bracket. Dubbed the "Battle Arena," the bracket's results are determined by fan votes. A new battle is announced every Tuesday and on Friday we get a video showing off who wins. In this case, it shows off tons of new gameplay footage for Green Lantern and Aquaman as they battle Solomon Grundy and Cyborg. Enjoy!

Well, that's hardly a flattering screen grab for Hal. Watch the video to see if he wins!

So Viners, what do you think of Aquaman and Hal now that we've seen more of 'em? 'Injustice: Gods Among Us' comes out April 16th.

#1 Posted by dtschemmel (503 posts) - - Show Bio

AQUAMANNNNNN!!!!

#2 Edited by ADV215 (7 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

That's pretty cool, albeit a little corny at the end of both clips.

#4 Posted by sentryman555 (783 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol the makers of Injustice are fans of the Teen Titans cartoon.

#5 Posted by briyen (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Green lantern was pretty disappointing, i was really hyped for him but not enough constructs

everyone else looks soooo gooood

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33885 posts) - - Show Bio

AKWAAAAAMAN!!

#7 Posted by SNascimento (441 posts) - - Show Bio

This game looks amazing.

#8 Posted by ssj2DeadPool (213 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my god, I am going to have to buy this.

#9 Posted by termiteone4ever (7670 posts) - - Show Bio

Good Stuff >

#10 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1435 posts) - - Show Bio

BOOYAAHHH!!! Grundy's monologue...chilling!

#11 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#12 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3908 posts) - - Show Bio

This is really getting good. I can't wait for the next match ups!

Also did Cyborg say "Booyah!"? Shoutout to Teen Titans!

#13 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Grundy in that thumbnail looks like he's about to go Shawshank on Hal..

#14 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm

#15 Posted by DeathstrokeMerc (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is very impressive.

Green Lantern move set was unimpressive.

#16 Posted by Oscars94 (2580 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this game is going to be fun to play! :D

#17 Posted by Catman9 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman has magic trident in hand. Hits Cyborg with chair.

#18 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman and Green Lantern for the win

#19 Posted by Mezmero (956 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so excited for this game. NetherRealm knows quality. So many awesome characters I can't even decide who to main. Just put Quan Chi in the game and I'm good to go.

#20 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

So left is...

Catwoman vs Nightwing and Deathstroke vs Green Arrow?

Nobody to match up with Superman though...

#21 Edited by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the inclusion of the Grundy monologue (even though the inclusion of Grundy still kind of confuses me).

I love Batman, but the Batcave, Gotham (East End?), and Arkham Asylum are enough. I would have preferred to have seen an Oa, Atlantis, or Themyscira stage instead of a Wayne Manor stage.

And the cardboard cut-out Green Lanterns are really disappointing.

#22 Edited by Raw_Material (3297 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern vs. Solomon Grundy was so brutal! I loved it and played out how I seemed it would; however, Grundy was definitely a really tough match-up for Hal and greatest adversary, yet.

Aquaman vs Cyborg fight...that was soo sick how Aquaman summoned the shark when using his special move/power/ability. Exactly how I thought the fight would turn out. But shouldn't Cyborg already been died after getting devoured by the great white? We couldn't see their health levels at the time, but Aquaman definitely put some damage into him after that happened; shortly after, he defeated Cyborg.

Great battles for week 3 Can't wait for the next match-ups!

#23 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

I can tell im going love aquaman

#24 Posted by slade_wilson (534 posts) - - Show Bio

He did a tombstone! Grundy did a friggin' tombstone! MY LIFE IS COMPLETE!

#25 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

Aqyuman is my favorite to play. I think

#26 Posted by dtschemmel (503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Backflip: Supposedly they're pustting Black Adam, Sinestro, and MM in it.

#27 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, this Aquaman gameplay movie also uploaded today

Game looks great.

@cosmo111687, hardly cardboard cutouts...they're hovering in the background, besides GL's/Hal's super was awesome.

I've noticed most people bashing or hating on this game 99% of the complaints are often silly pet peeves *rolls eyes* lol

#28 Posted by ssj2DeadPool (213 posts) - - Show Bio

@dtschemmel: omg sweet

#29 Posted by JamDamage (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

Grundy looks like once someone gets him down, he's gonna baul everyone. Still think that after seeing Cyborg in this, Blue Beetle could have been done well also.

#30 Posted by dondave (38442 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman was badass

#31 Posted by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus: With the exception of Killowog, they really are all cardboard cutouts.

#32 Edited by Raw_Material (3297 posts) - - Show Bio

Puts a smile on face seeing Aquaman kick ass again (and not coming from the comics), as well as seeing the likes of Hal Jordan (without the help of soon-to-be former writer, Geoff Johns). Hats off to NetherRealm and the production of Injustice: Gods Among Us for creating such a high quality video game.

#33 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmo111687, nahh not really. They're just hovering in the background. Cardboard means literally not moving at all...all of the GL's are moving/floating slightly.

#34 Posted by sagejonathan (1990 posts) - - Show Bio

@Catman9 said:

Aquaman has magic trident in hand. Hits Cyborg with chair.

LMAO!

#35 Posted by Raw_Material (3297 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus: Injustice: Gods Among Us is in such high quality and the modern technology they used to stimulate the animation of this game is outstanding. I mean they had put so much dedication and time into this game that I think it's going to top of the other video games, including RPG's in 2013.

#36 Posted by TheHeat (452 posts) - - Show Bio

As awesome as this game is looking, I am upset that it doesn't have MK's great combo system.

#37 Edited by Captain13 (3385 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Aquaman cannot control water

2) All Cyborg has to do to beat Aquaman is boom tube him into the sahara and let him dehydrate

At least Cyborg's voice work is good--better than Justice League: Doom. And his moves are cool. But he should have more boom tube related attacks.

#38 Edited by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus: What I mean by "cardboard cut-outs" is that they're two-dimensional and that they don't actually move except by floating. It's a disappointment and looks especially shoddy next to the fully rendered, 3-D Killowog.

#39 Posted by Captain13 (3385 posts) - - Show Bio

And the Green Lantern constructs could be so much better:

Skip to 3:50

#40 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman's finishing move is so sweet! Love it.

Is there going to be a good story line to the game besides 1 vs 1 battles? I'd be more interested if so...

#41 Posted by deadasgardianman (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@Backflip: you can match superman with doomsday...

#42 Posted by briyen (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@weaponx: @weaponx said:

Aquaman's finishing move is so sweet! Love it.

Is there going to be a good story line to the game besides 1 vs 1 battles? I'd be more interested if so...

yeah ! look up the story trailer on youtube, nd read the comic they have going right now, its legit

#43 Posted by SmashBrawler (5947 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cptain13 said:

1) Aquaman cannot control water

2) All Cyborg has to do to beat Aquaman is boom tube him into the sahara and let him dehydrate

1) Yes he can, or at least he could, and thats all that matters. And really? You have a problem with him controlling water, a power he had in the past, yet you're OK with him summoning lightning? LOL OK.

2) And the Joker defeated an armored Lex Luthor, these are obviously popularity fights, not real ones.

#44 Edited by Captain13 (3385 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: Actually Aquaman and Aquagirl can summon fish and have super strength. They cannot control water. Sorry. Ocean Master, Mera, and Aqualad can control water though. Even when he had his hard water hand, he didn't control water beyond the water that made up his hand. And no, Aquaman should not/cannot control lightning.

#45 Posted by Sleepbutnodream15 (570 posts) - - Show Bio

Was that Wayne Manor?

#46 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2356 posts) - - Show Bio

What stage is that where Aquaman and Cyborg are fighting?

#47 Posted by Sleepbutnodream15 (570 posts) - - Show Bio

@Backflip: I bet Catwoman will be left out. All of the characters facing off in each match up have been opposite in class so far, so it'll be Superman versus one of the other three that are left.

#48 Posted by Captain13 (3385 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark_Guyver said:

Wayne Manor

#49 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini said:

@Vaeternus: Injustice: Gods Among Us is in such high quality and the modern technology they used to stimulate the animation of this game is outstanding. I mean they had put so much dedication and time into this game that I think it's going to top of the other video games, including RPG's in 2013.

Totally.

@TheHeat said:

As awesome as this game is looking, I am upset that it doesn't have MK's great combo system.

Yeah, the gameplay looks different and is. I know you hold back to block instead of a block button like MK(some people like this, others don't) guess it's all preference. But one thing they also confirmed which I think is cool is you'll be able to configure your controls "either MK like with button taps, down, forward punch for example of half a circle punch or down, forward, down for joystick users" kind of like Street Fighter. Players have the option which I think is awesome. Speed wise looks slightly slower then MK's gameplay but fast enough for combos, just different.

@Cosmo111687 said:

@Vaeternus: What I mean by "cardboard cut-outs" is that they're two-dimensional and that they don't actually move except by floating. It's a disappointment and looks especially shoddy next to the fully rendered, 3-D Killowog.

I'm aware of what cardboard cut out means lol. I'm just saying they're in the background while floating slightly, besides it's just GL's ending winning pose that lasts not even 5 seconds. I'm just saying it's not important. ;) I'm fine with it, I'm more concerned about more important things like the gameplay and storyline personally.

Actually, Aquaman has controlled water in the past so he can. It's just not a power you see him do often, as for the lightning it's not so much "lightning" in itself but magic lightning due to the trifan

#50 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2356 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13 said:

@Dark_Guyver said:

Thought so, thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.