Follow

Hal Jordan

Character » Hal Jordan appears in 5295 issues.

With the ability to overcome great fear and harness the power of will, test-pilot Hal Jordan was chosen to be the Green Lantern of Sector 2814 inheriting the ring of the dying alien Green Lantern, Abin Sur. He later on went to creating his own power ring from his own will power. Through sheer will power and determination, Hal has established an impressive record of heroism across the galaxy with the help of his fellow Green Lanterns as well as his peers in the Justice League.

Important! What Does the Color Purple mean too the Green Lantern

BK-77-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By BK-77-7
    Purpleexists and I don't meanViolet which represents love.  I have a picture of the black ops units in the Green Lantern Core using Purple coin energy

No Caption Provided

There must be something that the Guardians have still not reveled.   It is a FACT that the unit that uses the Purple Power Coins are a closely guarded secret, even the main characters do not know the exist, I don' t even think Sinestro knows they exist.

ONE THING TOO CONSIDER!!!  The users of the Purple Power Coins are usually cut throats, they do what ever it takes to achieve VICTORY even if it mean absolute DESTRUCTION of the TARGET and possible INNOCENT BYSTANDERS!!!

SECONDED THING TOO CONSIDER!!!  IF their is a separate Power Battery for the Purple Power Coins it is not on Oa, and if it is, it is so well hidden in all the crises that have taken place no one has found it on accident, if they did they are DEAD!!! 

THIRD THING TOO CONSIDER!!!  As far as we know the Color Purple is not in the PROPHECIES!!!  The Guardians that created the Purple coin Power Battire were able to keep even the  KNOWLEDGE  , of its CREATION and IMPACT it would have from anyone that can SEE THE FUTURE!!!

FOURTH THING TOO CONSIDER!!!  Green is WILLPOWER, Violet LOVE, Indigo COMPASSION, Blue HOPE, Orange GREED, Yellow FEAR, Red RAGE, Black DEATH, White LIFE, were doe's that leave PURPLE...?

FIFTH THING TOO CONSIDER!!!  The color PURPLE is not a true color, in real life it is Considered a  Non-spectral color.   A spectral color is a color that is evoked by a single wavelength of light in the visible spectrum, or by a relatively narrow band of wavelengths. 
     The spectrum is often divided up into named colors, though any division is somewhat arbitrary: the spectrum is continuous. Traditional colors include: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and violet
    NONE-SPECTRAL COLORS
      Violet is a spectral color (approximately 380-420 nm), of a shorter wavelength than blue, while PURPLE is a combination of red and blue or violet light.The PURPLES are colors that are not spectral colorsPURPLESare extra-spectral colors. In fact, PRUPLE was not present on Newton's color wheel (which went directly from violet to red), though it is on modern ones, between red and violet. There is no such thing as the "wavelength of purple light"; it only exists as a combination.

SIXTH TOO CONSIDER!!!  There really isn't any emotion, true pure emotions to pick from, HOWEVER, if we followNewton's color wheel and the definition of NONE-SPECTRAL COLORS/EXTRA-SPECTRAL COLORS the solution Presents ITSELF.  The PURPLE POWER COINS emotional power is a mix of RAGE and HOPE.

SEVENTH AND FINAL THING TOO CONSIDER!!!  What do you get when you mix RAGE and HOPE...?  ONE very AWESOMEMarvel character can answer that question, The PUNISHER!!!  VEANGENCE IS THE EMOTION YOU WILL GET!!! 
    BK-77-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BK-77-7

Well what do you Guys and Gals think?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

there was like a black ops unit in the Green Lantern Corps IIRC and they used the purple energy instead of green but I think that it's pretty much the same as green

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

while very well studied on your part, i don't really think the comic
    creators had applied all of those questions and details into what
    they were making, definitely not on their deadline anyways.

BK-77-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BK-77-7
    @CATMANEXE: Dude you have the Baron as your avatar THAT IS COOL!!!

Anyway it is possible that the color purple will have a part to play in the upcoming story arcs.  I dont think that it is a coincidence that it is a sperate color from the Green Lanterns and all the others that now exist.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BK-77-7: 
    thanks. it'll probably be something else in a day or two though, i get bored looking at the same thing.
    The Baron rules the day regardless.

I think it's possible personally, and wouldn't even mind. They look cool. But applying what I said
    thats iffy too. Writers and artists alike, especially on the Lantern books already have a lot to jam in
    their books. Guess we'll have to wait and see what comes in the future. You should write a letter
    about this to the actual comics i think though.
    BK-77-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BK-77-7
    @CATMANEXE: How would I write too the writers...?  I am a up and coming Lantern fan and I dont know who works on it lol.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AtPhantom

The purple colored corpse was made before the idea of the rainbow lanterns was fully realized. It has nothing to do with the emotional spectrum.

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By velle37
    @AtPhantom said:
    "The purple colored corpse was made before the idea of the rainbow lanterns was fully realized. It has nothing to do with the emotional spectrum. "

But there may be some cool ideas that spawn from their coexistence.....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.