Follow

Hal Jordan

Character » Hal Jordan appears in 5259 issues.

With the ability to overcome great fear and harness the power of will, test-pilot Hal Jordan was chosen to be the Green Lantern of Sector 2814 inheriting the ring of the dying alien Green Lantern, Abin Sur. He later on went to creating his own power ring from his own will power. Through sheer will power and determination, Hal has established an impressive record of heroism across the galaxy with the help of his fellow Green Lanterns as well as his peers in the Justice League.

Has any one else noticed that...?

hunterscarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By hunterscarlet

There seems to be a great lack of continuity between the Hal in Green Lantern and the one we see in Justice League. They're supposed to take place around the same time but while the Hal we seen in GL displays the character growth that writers have given him over the last 40+ years, the Hal we've seen in JL is a complete ass. Now, I know that there has been lack of character continuity before but not to this kind of extent where they are two completely different (almost polar opposite) people. This isn't just a case where we are seeing another side of a character because its too much of a 180 turn. Just another one of the many things about the New 52 that bothers me!

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CrimsonCake

Green lantern takes a few years before Justice League I believe.Maybe he adopted a new personality.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Squalleon

@hunterscarlet: Geoff johns fucked up his own character :-P

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

It seems like the continuity is messed up for all of the characters in the Justice League series. That is one of the things I hate about the series.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By fodigg

@hunterscarlet: I dunno. Hal basically took the fall for something that was totally not his fault, because he felt it could help the team. That shows at least a little maturity.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By htb106

I think it's just messed up continuity, hopefully DC will have it sorted out when we get further into the New 52.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#7  Edited By Black_Claw

BUMP. Yeah, I really hate the way Hal was portrayed in Justice League. Half of the time I just wanted to punch him in his face when ever he started lipping off to the other heroes.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By consolemaster001

It's confusing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.