Hands on Look: Green Lantern Fizzie Squatz Toys

Posted by inferiorego (24529 posts) - - Show Bio

What the heck is a Squatz? Why do we need one? Why does it fizzle? This little nugget of fizzy gold teamed up with DC Comics to put some iconic DC characters into Squatz form.

Have you ever been at the grocery store and seen a toy on the rack of the check out counter next to the beef jerky and wondered, "who buys that garbage?" The answer is simple. I buy that garbage. About a year ago, I found a little toy called "Squatz" at my local grocery store and spent $9 on something that took me what felt like 9 hours to get out of the package. However, if you know me, then you know I can resist a toy, especially if it's a weird one.

So, I have a fat Hal Jordan and a fat Aquaman not, and I couldn't tell you where they are. I can only assume they took my DeLorean out for a ride and never came back. $9 down the drain. Have you guys ever seen these things? Better yet, has anyone bought these things before?

Follow Mat's antics on twitter: @inferiorego

Or his antics on tumblr: Mat's ego is inferior.

Staff
#1 Posted by Outside_85 (8993 posts) - - Show Bio

Also the name is a little too close to another word...that's kinda gross.

#2 Posted by sora_thekey (8174 posts) - - Show Bio

You don't make me want it less! Hope you enjoy your fat toys.

#3 Posted by wxjunkie (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Bad ass Delorean!

#4 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw these the other day at a store I was coming across and thought they looked neat. Don't know if I'll pay 9 bucks for em but cool!

#5 Posted by inferiorego (24529 posts) - - Show Bio

Just in case anyone was wondering why I say "Gimme back my son," you haven't watched the movie Ransom enough times.

Staff
#6 Posted by Crimson Eagle (1848 posts) - - Show Bio

The DeLorean has a glowing flux capacitor? WANT. O_O

#7 Posted by MrMazz (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

Man those are like the dehydrated sponge toys you can buy at the store. Only you get like 5 or 10 for like 5 bucks.

Is there a Squatz WonderWoman?

#8 Posted by inferiorego (24529 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrMazz said:

Man those are like the dehydrated sponge toys you can buy at the store. Only you get like 5 or 10 for like 5 bucks.

Is there a Squatz WonderWoman?

Yes... she's horribly fat looking

It won't let me post pics though

Staff
#9 Posted by Hot_Karl (288 posts) - - Show Bio

The worst part about this video was me trying to justify the price for the figures.

"Well, it's like your paying $4.50 each for mini squat figurines, but the high price is due to the surcharge of the "fizzy" experience..."

#10 Posted by frochez (194 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, the toys themselves suck, but I think we've just come up with a great crossover comic: Green Lantern and Aquaman in 'Return to Coming Back From Going To The Future!'

Basically, GL and AM travel through time and space in a revamped DeLorean. Also, they eat a lot of junk food, hence the gained weight.

#11 Edited by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

My God... a loss of time and money with this toys. They looks ugly

Fun video!

#12 Posted by JayUK (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really seeing the point of them if you can't 'fizz' them in the bathtub. Surely kids would want somekind of interaction rather than staring at a bowl or a sink.

Suddenly reminded of this little plastic/sponge dinosaur thing I got as a kid which expanded and grew bigger when you put it in water. It was swiftly banned when a child nearly died when he swallowed one and it expanded in his throat. Any innuendo's in this post are purely coincidental...

#13 Posted by AlKusanagi (605 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the very definition of "taking one for the team."

#14 Posted by Punisher007 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Nacho cheese gives me the fizzie squatz.

#15 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay! Comic vine video!

#16 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

@wxjunkie said:

Bad ass Delorean!

#17 Posted by thanosrules (546 posts) - - Show Bio

nice! that should definitely be a candidate for one of the videos on @barelywatchable! I want to know what "Louie" has to say about the JLF ( Justice League Fat).

#18 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7837 posts) - - Show Bio

lol 9$ and big mess.

#19 Posted by inferiorego (24529 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosrules said:

nice! that should definitely be a candidate for one of the videos on @barelywatchable! I want to know what "Louie" has to say about the JLF ( Justice League Fat).

That's so meta... Watching a video of me on the show I host.... Maybe that will be one of our themes in the next couple of weeks.

Staff
#20 Posted by danhimself (22541 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG!!! WHERE DID YOU GET THAT DELOREAN????

#21 Posted by BatClaw89 (144 posts) - - Show Bio

I am totally buying this!!!

#22 Posted by hollandane (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how if you leave the plastic wrapper on it makes a cricket noise....and the part where the larger fat Hal turned into a smaller fat Hal. Ingenious design.

#23 Posted by Sammo21 (694 posts) - - Show Bio

I was in Toys R US last week and almost bought one of these lol

#24 Posted by CommanderZx2 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crimson Eagle: @danhimself: It looks like the Diamond Select 1/15th Mark I Time Machine, you can find them on amazon or most online toy shops.

#25 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Good video.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.