Follow

Hal Jordan

Character » Hal Jordan appears in 5295 issues.

With the ability to overcome great fear and harness the power of will, test-pilot Hal Jordan was chosen to be the Green Lantern of Sector 2814 inheriting the ring of the dying alien Green Lantern, Abin Sur. He later on went to creating his own power ring from his own will power. Through sheer will power and determination, Hal has established an impressive record of heroism across the galaxy with the help of his fellow Green Lanterns as well as his peers in the Justice League.

Hal Jordan should be the GL in the Justice League movie

• 87 results
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By sethysquare

@HolySerpent: LOL.

You know thats not gonna happen right?

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By sethysquare

@Lvenger said:

I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who loves Hal on here. So I agree with the sentiment of the OP. Hal does deserve his place on the line up of the movie Justice League. And if the rumours are true it will be him. Though Ryan Reynolds might be back which I'm not pleased about.

You and me both. Not sure if we can trust any rumors. I am fine with Ryan Reynolds and I'm good if they decided to swap him out as well.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By HolySerpent

I know but I can hope.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By sethysquare

@HolySerpent: Alright, I'm also an idealist. I'm a huge Hal Jordan fan so I'm definitely hoping for his inclusion and it seems pretty likely. I guess we just have to wait for the big screen debut someday.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By sethysquare

@TheThe said:

Then, you're GL movie will flop as expected.

btw have no idea what you're saying at all.

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By TheThe

@sethysquare said:

@TheThe said:

It's "your", not "you're". And i was answering to Lvenger. Another GL movie with Ryan Reynolds will flop, same as another GL movie about Hal Jordan will bomb.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#57  Edited By Lvenger

@sethysquare: Funny thing is I thought I hadn't commented on here before then I looked over the pages and saw that I had. Silly me.

@TheThe: Hopefully that rumour I've heard will turn out not to be true.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#58  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @AweSam said:

No one else but Hal should get that spot.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By sinestro_GL

I would prefer Hal Jordan...but if the movie is good, I wouldn't really mind too much.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#60  Edited By Billy Batson

Any other lantern besides Hal would be much better in the movie but when it's going to happen, Hall will be in it.
    BB

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By JohnnyGat

Funny thing is I have a reason for each earth lantern on why I'd want them in but none of them are serious enough.

Hal Jordan - Because I'd like Wonder Woman to deliver that burn comment to Hal Jordan

John Stewart - Because I'd like to see him destroy a planet on the big screen

Kyle Rayner - My name is Kyle too and I've gotta stick with the Kyle's of the world yo.

Guy Gardner - fan reactions nuff said.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By sethysquare

@TheThe said:

@sethysquare said:

@TheThe said:

It's "your", not "you're". And i was answering to Lvenger. Another GL movie with Ryan Reynolds will flop, same as another GL movie about Hal Jordan will bomb.

Uh, and everyone here is talking about a justice league movie. No one is talking about the GL movie but you.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By sethysquare

@Lvenger: yeah it was posted here like a month ago and i resurrected it. due to the other MM > AQUAMAN Thread.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#64  Edited By daredevil21134

John Stewart

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#65  Edited By daredevil21134

@AtPhantom said:

@Lvenger said:

@AtPhantom: If it wasn't for Johns' run, I'd never have been interested in Hal. Admittedly those two things you've mentioned are the quintessential themes for Johns' run but Johns has done a great deal to enhance the Green Lantern universe via the introduction of more Lantern Corps, revamping GL villains like Sinestro and Black Hand along with successfully demonstrating Hal's successful redemption for the most part. He comes off annoying and douchy sometimes but for the most part Johns' writing keeps the story engaging and entertaining. It's one of the few titles Johns writes intelligently with the detail he used to write all his comics. Justice League's first arc was too simplistic so hopefully the second one will be more character driven.

See, I have a problem with just about everything you said.

The only things I would actually give Johns is that he revamped villains and that his writing is engaging and entertaining. The main problem is it's not Hal that's engaging and entertaining, its everyone around him. It annoys me to no end because I actually like Hal, and I think you could actually do some very interesting things with him, but Johns has consistently refused to actually explore Hal's character beyond the two points I've mentioned earlier and actually make him interesting. Not only that, but he has actually dumbed him down, because he hasn't, as you said, demonstrated Hal's successful redemption. No, instead he just swept the whole thing under the rug, and is quite insistent on never actually mentioning it. Any other character would have major issues about either killing, or being used to kill untold billions of lives across the multiverse, but Hal just acts like nothing really happened and keeps doing stuff like he only got the ring yesterday.

You see where I'm going with this? Any other good writer would jump at the chance to explore the consequences of Hal's actions, what it was like to sit by helpless and watch as your body slaughtered universes. Or was he helpless? Did he secretly want it? Did Parallax twist his own desires? Did it make him feel good doing it. Did he recognize his friends thus possessed? All excellent points that merrit exploring, but once again Johns is actually purposelly keeping Hal as bland as possible for some reason.

This is ultimately the problem with all of Johns' run. It's all flash. It's all awesome moments, and awesome villains and awesome pacing, and no substance whatsoever (An increasing problem with Johns' writing). And, you know, that's pretty much what you want to inject life in a franchise, and it was fine for about 20 issues or so. But after Sinestro corps war it quickly got amazingly stale and Hal got even blander than usual. It didn't help that every Lantern corps introduced after the Reds was boring and completely without any actual purpose or interesting features to them (Larfleeze excepted, but Larfleeze, is, let's face it, a joke). It also didn't help that the Lanterns have lost any other villain that isn't another Lantern. So while you say it enhanced the GL universe, I say it limited it considerably. Now the greatest peace keeping force in the universe has nothing else to fight but dopplegangers or themselves. And that, too, gets stale (I kinda hoped when Bedard took over GLC that he would break that mold and actually show us the universe beyond the rainbow, as he had done with REBELS, LEGION and RT war, but nope, that went nowhere fast).

It's, again, annoying, because Johns really is a good writer. I know he can write better than this. We've seen him write awesome comics. This isn't one of them. This is a comic designed solely to attract new readers, and give nothing to the old (Huh, like Johns' carrier of late, come to think of it).

PS: Black Hand is kinda awesome and creepy looking and a bit scary, but he's still lame because he's still just a one trick pony with no actual likeable qulaities to him.

I agree

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#66  Edited By the_tree

@TheThe said:

@sethysquare said:

@TheThe said:

Please don't give grammatical advice when you're wrong. Your is possessive, while you're is a contraction for saying "you are". used the word in the correct context.

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TheThe

@The_Tree said:

@TheThe said:

@sethysquare said:

@TheThe said:

Please don't give grammatical advice when you're wrong. Your is possessive, while you're is a contraction for saying "you are". used the word in the correct context.

Did i say i were giving sethysquare a grammatical advice ?I were correcting myself :

@TheThe said:

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#68  Edited By the_tree

@TheThe said:

@The_Tree said:

@TheThe said:

@sethysquare said:

@TheThe said:

Did i say i were giving sethysquare a grammatical advice ?I were correcting myself :

@TheThe said:

Oh, man. Sorry if I came off as a dick. I didn't see the quote you were correcting yourself on, so from my view I thought you were picking apart sethysquare's grammar.

No Caption Provided
    TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TheThe

@The_Tree said:

@TheThe said:

@The_Tree said:

@TheThe said:

@sethysquare said:

@TheThe said:

@TheThe said:

Oh, man. Sorry if I came off as a dick. I didn't see the quote you were correcting yourself on, so from my view I thought you were picking apart sethysquare's grammar.

No Caption Provided

LOL. Not a big deal :)

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#70  Edited By Stronger

IMO he should be the only lantern from Earth.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By OutlawRenegade
    willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By willpayton

Hal for sure.

Cyclops4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Cyclops4ever

@TheThe: extremely racist, why don't you stop beating around the bush and just say you want it to be john cuz hes black. Hal is THE green lantern, always will be, watch justice league doom and see how boss he is in that movie. Hal is the only GL worth caring about, he is the all-american hero. The rest were made to fill in diversity voids, blacks, gays etc.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#74  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Yup.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By KnightRise

@Cyclops4ever: Uhm, child...I am black. No where in my statement that you replied to before convenientely editing your post was anything even remotely racist implied, nor did I say anything negative about Stewart based on his race. And if you're going to go around bumping old Hal Jordan threads and bashing John Stewart; you might want to wipe off your rose-tinted glasses and settle your Jimmies. If you'd had read any Stewart's appearences, you'd know that since his introduction he has become a great character with excellent devolopment, not a diversity token. Only people who don't read comics and get their opinions from animated films, series, and the internet think otherwise....

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By TheThe

@Cyclops4ever said:

@TheThe: extremely racist, why don't you stop beating around the bush and just say you want it to be john cuz hes black. Hal is THE green lantern, always will be, watch justice league doom and see how boss he is in that movie. Hal is the only GL worth caring about, he is the all-american hero. The rest were made to fill in diversity voids, blacks, gays etc.

May i ask which parts of my different posts get you to such a wrong conclusion ?

I want it to be John because i grew up watching the JL and JLU animated series. Stewart has always been "the face" of the GLC to me. He's the one - through the tv shows - who got me interested in the comics about the corps.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By KnightRise

@TheThe: apparently, he hates Stewart but we're racist

EQSguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By EQSguy

I agree that Hal should be in the justice league move but if they follow it up with a green lantern movie I think they should have john become a green lantern in it, but Hal should still be the main focus of the movie, and it will end with them working together to beat the villain at the end.

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By TheThe

@KnightRise said:

@TheThe: apparently, he hates Stewart but we're racist

A man of contradictions . He should have asked himself the reasons behind his hate of the character before making accusations to discredit unjustly others.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#80  Edited By consolemaster001

Hal is the best choice

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

If they can get a new actor to play him than sure.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they can get a new actor to play him than sure.

They definitely will. I'm hoping Ryan Gosling

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol,ur hopes are mostly assured. hal will be in the jl movie. DC has already gone through the trouble of making the public see him as the definitive GL. They won't remove him from line-up just for the sake of the DCAU cartoons.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By sethysquare
    Alternate version of Hal Jordan (Arcane)
    Alternate version of Hal Jordan (Arcane)

Crime Syndicate featuring Power Ring (Alternate Version of Hal Jordan
    Crime Syndicate featuring Power Ring (Alternate Version of Hal Jordan

Square Enix Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) Kai
    Square Enix Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) Kai

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#87  Edited By Black_Claw

@sethysquare: Square Enix? Does this mean a new videogame might be in the works?

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I totally agree, my second choice would be Kyle Rayner (although Guy is my second favorite lantern)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.