Hal Jordan and Mjolnir

#1 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm new to this, so my bad if I don't do this correctly. 

I had a thought, could Hal Jordan use the power of his Green Lantern Ring to lift Mjolnir? 

#2 Posted by BlackestShite (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe not you kinda need some kind of worthiness or skyfather power to lift the hammer

but then again all kinds of idiots like Hulk, Superman, Rulk etc have lifted the hammer

#3 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I am aware of this, but technically he would not be lifting he'd be using the ring, he would not actually be making physical contact  with the Hammer. 

#4 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm well i know robots can lift it cause they got no soul or something and technically the ring would be lifting it and not jordan himself. but i know nothing about lanterns or how the rings work

#5 Posted by AtPhantom (14471 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so. The enchantment on the ring would recognize Hal as the person behind the ring and would thus judge him like all others. Machines have failed to lift the hammer before. That thing is stapled to the ground until a worthy soul comes to pick it up.

#6 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough one to call - Hal Jordan is after all a "man without fear" so would that count him worthy to have the necesary will power to lift Thor's Hammer?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.