Follow

Hal Jordan

Character » Hal Jordan appears in 5295 issues.

With the ability to overcome great fear and harness the power of will, test-pilot Hal Jordan was chosen to be the Green Lantern of Sector 2814 inheriting the ring of the dying alien Green Lantern, Abin Sur. He later on went to creating his own power ring from his own will power. Through sheer will power and determination, Hal has established an impressive record of heroism across the galaxy with the help of his fellow Green Lanterns as well as his peers in the Justice League.

Hal Jordan and Mjolnir

growup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By growup

I'm new to this, so my bad if I don't do this correctly. 

I had a thought, could Hal Jordan use the power of his Green Lantern Ring to lift Mjolnir? 

BlackestShite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BlackestShite

Maybe not you kinda need some kind of worthiness or skyfather power to lift the hammer

but then again all kinds of idiots like Hulk, Superman, Rulk etc have lifted the hammer

growup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By growup

Yes I am aware of this, but technically he would not be lifting he'd be using the ring, he would not actually be making physical contact  with the Hammer. 

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DH69

hmm well i know robots can lift it cause they got no soul or something and technically the ring would be lifting it and not jordan himself. but i know nothing about lanterns or how the rings work

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AtPhantom

I don't think so. The enchantment on the ring would recognize Hal as the person behind the ring and would thus judge him like all others. Machines have failed to lift the hammer before. That thing is stapled to the ground until a worthy soul comes to pick it up.

Mighty Thorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 34

#6  Edited By Mighty Thorion

Tough one to call - Hal Jordan is after all a "man without fear" so would that count him worthy to have the necesary will power to lift Thor's Hammer?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.