Follow

Hal Jordan

Character » Hal Jordan appears in 5295 issues.

With the ability to overcome great fear and harness the power of will, test-pilot Hal Jordan was chosen to be the Green Lantern of Sector 2814 inheriting the ring of the dying alien Green Lantern, Abin Sur. He later on went to creating his own power ring from his own will power. Through sheer will power and determination, Hal has established an impressive record of heroism across the galaxy with the help of his fellow Green Lanterns as well as his peers in the Justice League.

Hal Jordan: A Different Kind of Hero

Avatar image for deactivated-60204c6c569bf
    deactivated-60204c6c569bf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 20

So, these are my first thoughts on Hal Jordan since I've picked up Green Lantern.  Aside from him being a cocky, arrogant policeman-type and giving off the appearance of being a superhero,  he's a bit of a player!  In my continuing efforts to catch up with Geoff Johns' run, I bought "Revenge of the Green Lanterns" this weekend, I not only got a long list of the main female characters he's been with but there's the scene in which he wakes up with a woman in which neither knows the other's name.   

In this arc alone, you get nearly the entire contents of the little black book he mentions to Guy Gardner: this "Julie", Carol Ferris, Jillian Pearlman, Arisia, and, apparently, Power Girl.  That's not including whoever he dated in Evergreen City and later Olivia Reynolds.  I'm betting he even chased after Crimson Fox 1, 2, AND 3.   Why everyone is having a fit about the comment made in "Cry For Justice" about Hal, Huntress, and Lady Blackhawk is beyond me, it's the perfect Jordan thing to do.  Heck, he and Ollie probably did the same with Dinah during their roadtrip days.  @_@

I've come to the conclusion that Hal Jordan's weakness isn't the color yellow, it's the female of the species.  That's why Jordan doesn't have any women Rogues.  He doesn't give them a chance to put up a fight before he seduces them.  Besides, I thank Hal would curl up in a fetal position if a woman kicked his @$$.  hehehe

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zoom

People aren't having fits because its out of character for Hal.  People are having fits because its out of character for Huntress and Lady Blackhawk. 

And if you think Ollie would let Hal near Dinah, you're crazy.
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Hal is definitely a player and I think that's why I like him so much. You rarely see heroes having a weakness for the ladies. Sure Superman loves Lois, Wolverine loves Jean, but its rare that you see a hero outside of a monogamist relationship.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Zoom said:
    " People aren't having fits because its out of character for Hal.  People are having fits because its out of character for Huntress and Lady Blackhawk."   
    hhmmm, I guess that could be.  I know little of Huntress and even less of Lady Blackhawk.
     "And if you think Ollie would let Hal near Dinah, you're crazy. "  
    Yeah, I was kidding on that one.  They're too good of friends for that. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nova`Prime` said:
    " Hal is definitely a player and I think that's why I like him so much. You rarely see heroes having a weakness for the ladies. Sure Superman loves Lois, Wolverine loves Jean, but its rare that you see a hero outside of a monogamist relationship. "
    I feel the same.  It brings a whole other element to the storytelling, especially if there's a main on-again/off-again love interest.  'Cause you know get it together anytime soon, at least not in a solid commitment.  Besides, we haven't seen much Hal and Arisia interaction, unless that's old news already.
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
    @Zoom said:
    " People aren't having fits because its out of character for Hal.  People are having fits because its out of character for Huntress and Lady Blackhawk.  And if you think Ollie would let Hal near Dinah, you're crazy. "
    he he he... very nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But if you think about...Hal and Guy both were with Kari and Olivia.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.