Follow

Hal Jordan

Character » Hal Jordan appears in 5295 issues.

With the ability to overcome great fear and harness the power of will, test-pilot Hal Jordan was chosen to be the Green Lantern of Sector 2814 inheriting the ring of the dying alien Green Lantern, Abin Sur. He later on went to creating his own power ring from his own will power. Through sheer will power and determination, Hal has established an impressive record of heroism across the galaxy with the help of his fellow Green Lanterns as well as his peers in the Justice League.

Hal and Barry..

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

..Green Lantern and Flash, their power sets compliment each other (and make for awesome comics!), they seem to get on and basically make a great paring. Are they the best DC pairing in some ways, maybe even better than Clark and Bruce who have a more gudging respect of each other at times...

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I think this video sums it up best:

Loading Video...
    No Caption Provided

Seriously though, their "Guy Love" rivals that of Booster and Blue. Heck, in a lot of panels in Justice League and Trinity War you can see Barry expressing how much he misses Hal. I think Hal's willing go getter attitude, and Barry's calm yet shy personality, go well together. Every time I see Barry and Hal together, all I see are two boys from the neighbor hood hanging out and getting into trouble. Barrys the somewhat nervous one "Aw gee Hal, I don't think we should be sneaking around here" and Hal being the more exploring, slightly mischievous one "Aw C'mon Barry, don't be chicken, what's the worst that could happen?" That's the vibe I get every time they are together. I think one villain actually used Barry's death to hurt Hal emotionally. http://hoosierinanity.blogspot.com/2008/09/how-hal-jordan-found-out-barry-allen.html

Also, Barry and Hal's friendship is so strong, that there are enormous groups of fangirls dedicated to drawing Hal and Barry in.....very compromising positions. Click here for Devaintart-HalBarry or here for Barry Allen & Hal Jordan-tumblr if you really want to see what I mean (don't click if your under 18, hate anime, do not approve of homosexual activity, or just don't want to look at demented fangirl art). Seriously though, every time I look for new art and type in "Green Lantern" I find about 5 new pictures of Hal and Barry together. However if it helps more women like comics, and express how they feel, then I'm more then alright with it (to be honest they actually make some really good art).

Point is...Yeah, they are best buds :)

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Bezza

@captainmarvel4ever:

Its a whole new world I never knew existed!! Also that Flash Annual was great, absolutely brilliant pair up!

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

@captainmarvel4ever:

Its a whole new world I never knew existed!! Also that Flash Annual was great, absolutely brilliant pair up!

Yeah, I would love a Flash and Green Lantern team up series. It could happen, after all they both have the same writer right now. If DC did that, then it's another book that boy and girl readers would both buy.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Flash and Green Lantern are the best pairing in the DCU! I love their friendship and their friendship is very relatable.

batcat91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed. I honestly think that Barry and Hal have better chemistry than Bruce and Clark. They definitely need a team up book like the current Batman/Superman Title.

I think people make the mistake that Clark is Batman's best friend, when really that title goes to Commissioner Gordon. I believe that Superman is Batman's closest colleague in the JL. I don't think Batman really has any friends in the Justice League, he just respects them is all.

Green Lantern and Flash though I can totally buy that they're the best of friends. Hopefully DC makes a book with the pair in the near future.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. I really wish someone would bring Hal back to earth already.

Beata

natvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

" Hal and Berry"

Oh, I get it! Halley Barry!

Hahahahaha!

Very good humor the Green Lantern Universe has.

Just like Alan Scott's weakness being wood. And then DC/Warner making him gay. You can't tell me they weren't planning the humor in that!

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
    Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal and Barry are great. I do see Hal as the trouble maker but I don't necessarily see Barry as shy. He's can be as funny as Hal

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. I really wish someone would bring Hal back to earth already.

Beata

There's been a rumor that he may be returning soon. Considering DC has been trying to make the Lantern books more connected to the rest of the DCU lately it seems like a real possibility.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Flash and Green Lantern are the best pairing in the DCU! I love their friendship and their friendship is very relatable.

This :)

Avatar image for captainlantern76
    CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Hal Jordan and Barry Allen > Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne.

And for that matter....

Hal Jordan and Barry Allen > Hal Jordan and Oliver Queen.

genekellypunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love these two together so much! But they don't beat Booster and Ted for me...a close second! Then Bruce and Clark in terms of brotps.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

No Caption Provided

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I really love Hal and Barry's relationship. Best bromance in comics.

Avatar image for captainlantern76
    CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Jay and Alan, Barry and Hal, Wally and Kyle....Flashes and Green Lanterns just go well together...

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apokos7 said:

I really love Hal and Barry's relationship. Best bromance in comics.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By XLR87T3

@bezza: How do their powers "compliment" each other?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.