Follow

Hal Jordan

Character » Hal Jordan appears in 5295 issues.

With the ability to overcome great fear and harness the power of will, test-pilot Hal Jordan was chosen to be the Green Lantern of Sector 2814 inheriting the ring of the dying alien Green Lantern, Abin Sur. He later on went to creating his own power ring from his own will power. Through sheer will power and determination, Hal has established an impressive record of heroism across the galaxy with the help of his fellow Green Lanterns as well as his peers in the Justice League.

Green Lantern Movie: Suit, Ring and Power Battery Details

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Edited By sora_thekey

I am a new reader to DC so I don't know much about the Green Lantern Universe as much as most of you here on the site, but I have been reading recent GL stories and I have to say I love them so far!

No Caption Provided
    Man-crush of G-Man, Ryan Reynolds is going to be Hal Jordan in next year's Green Lantern movie and we have seen a few pics of the ring and a he made the cover of Entertainment Weekly in the CGI rendered suit. Well, Daily Blam! has got some Detailed Descriptions of the Suit, the Ring and the Power Battery in the movie, and apparently "they are all closely modeled after the comics."

Here's the details they had:
    • Hal Jordan (Ryan Reynolds) does not don the suit until his first trip to the planet Oa; which takes place when his power ring acknowledges his need for training after he creates his first construct on Earth.
    • When the suit, which is created out of a “hard light” construct from the power ring, is in its solid form, the mask, boots, shoulders, chest, abdomen and back are a distinct, rich green, while the arms, legs and waist areas are a deep black.
    • The suit has definitive lines which segregate the green and black colors.
    • The glowing, green textured lines which encompass the suit fluctuate in intensity as Jordan gains more control over the power ring, which channels his willpower. The more focus he has, the less it "bleeds" energy.
    • The front, green section of the suit does not extend below and around Jordan’s crotch as depicted in many of the older comic books. Instead, it ends in a sharp point at the base of his abdomen in the modern fashion.
    • When flying, or traveling through space, the suit emits a faint green glow around the ring bearer. Jordan flies, of his own will, many times throughout the film.
    • The ring is comprised of a solid silver band. Over its front, a translucent green attachment is centered with a jewel which visibly “flows” with energy.
    • The individual power batteries each Lantern Corp member carries are much different from the comics’ versions. These are mostly comprised of the same green, translucent material which covers the power ring. The handle of the battery is squared off, and immobile. A large jewel rests at its center as well.
    • An inscription around the jewel appears to be the Green Lantern Oath, which each member of the Corps must recite to charge their rings.

In Brightest Day...
    In Brightest Day...

... In Blackest Night
     ... In Blackest Night

Like I said I am not an expert in this range of stories but as far as I can tell they are trying to incorporate a lot of the comics as much as possible into the movie. Also as far as constructs go this is what the site said about it:

As for constructs, fans will be happy to know that the filmmakers have gone to great lengths to include many complex ones; aside from the basic shields, swords and power blasts which are featured as well. Though several of these may not make it into the final cut of the film, I have seen designs for a Semi truck, dune buggy, fighter jet and anti-aircraft gun.

This is very interesting especially since the production of this movie seems to be getting the comic book treatment the right way, but we can't really be sure until the movie comes out, or at least the trailer is released. 
    What do you all think? Is your hype meter going off the charts right now?

The Green Lantern
    movie is scheduled to be released on June 17th, 2011. 
    Source: The Daily Blam!

-- Geo (sora_thekey), long time user, blogger, wiki editor of the Whiskey Media Sites, and an all time geek!

Avatar image for graphiccasualfreak
    GraphicCasualFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

User Lists: 2

Nice!

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_
    @sora_thekey: Niceeeee job!
    ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By ComicCrazy

Wow that sounds really really AWESOME !!!!!!! One thing though is that description for the suit sounds totally different to the picture we were shown. Anyway it all sounds really really good. So excited for this!!!
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By sora_thekey
    No Caption Provided
    @The Dark Huntress: Thanks! :) 

@ComicCrazy said:

" One thing though is that description for the suit sounds totally different to the picture we were shown. "

Well the site had this picture (>>) that I didn't post on my Blog entry. It was supposed to give a better idea of what the suit looks like... and it still resembles the comics in a way and at the same time the one from the cover. It's sort of the middle ground.

BTW just for artist credit, which I know is always important that depiction of the GL suit was made by qBATMANp
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Magian

Nice news. I really want to see this movie.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By tensor

sweet

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By sexy_merc

Meh, probably still seeing it.

ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By ComicCrazy
    @sora_thekey:
    Yeah I saw that picture and thought it was AWESOME but I'm kinda confused as to what suit they are going to use that one there that you just described or the one that we were shown on the cover of that entertainment magazine. I would like it if they used that one that you showed.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I'm really excited for this film :)

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Sounds great, hope they pull it off.

Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Dark Walker

The one thing that's bugged me about this movie is the suit, now it doesn't sound so bad.

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shadowdoggy

awesome 
    this all sounds very promising
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Lvenger

Wow all of this sounds awesome and true to the source material except for the power batteries. I'd hoped they'd be in the classic lantern design. Ah well can't have everything...

gambit987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gambit987

Cool, Hal Jordan and the other green lanterns are awesome. I want to see this. In my opinion Kyle and Hal are the best DC characters.

rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rogue_mar1e
    @sora_thekey: awesomeeee :D 

can't wait  for this movie !
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By danhimself

I still feel nervous...the Green Lantern stuff is pretty big in scale and I'm hoping that this movie can capture it correctly

BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BuddyBulson

ill see it i have ALWAYS hated DC but thought the GL was dead sexy, so an actor as hot as Ryan play a character as hot as Hal, im in.

Level5Reject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By Level5Reject

After seeing the entertainment weekly    picture i was losing hope for the Green Lantern but reading this there is hope

Markus Kage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By Markus Kage

I'll be seeing it still....But it is Hollywood...they have to make it "different/more modern" from the actual comics. That's probably whats wrong with movies now-a-days...

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Calvin

Cool! Good job Geo

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.