Green Lantern: First Flight Release Date Changes Again

Posted by G-Man (30642 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the DC animated movie that I am really looking forward to.  I've enjoyed the others but Green Lantern/Hal Jordan has always had a special place in my heart.  Warner Brothers has announced that the "street date" has changed once again.  The good news is, it's not changing by much.  The first announced date was July 28, 2009.  Then earlier this month it was moved up a week to July 21.  Now it's back to July 28. 

Even though I'd love to get it a week earlier, I'm actually liking this release date better as it will be right after the San Diego Comic-Con.  As you know, we plan on being there in full force.  I'd imagine we'll get some awesome coverage of this movie before it's released.

In the meantime, here is the "official release and never-before seen" artwork for the special two-disk DVD release of Green Lantern: First Flight.

Staff
#1 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Yah......again?

#2 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

the plot thickens...

#3 Posted by Phantom Crusader (117 posts) - - Show Bio

look awesome

#4 Posted by NightFang (9871 posts) - - Show Bio
Look Awesome1
#5 Posted by Samuraikenpo (143 posts) - - Show Bio

movie looks great still cant wait

#6 Posted by sonofhercules95 (703 posts) - - Show Bio

I can wait that long

#7 Posted by Nibiru (689 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal's costume looks so metallic...

#8 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a kick-ass cover to the DVD.  Suh-weet.

#9 Posted by AirDave817 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

I've set the pic as a desktop background. Replaced the picture of me and the wife sitting under a plam tree on St. Thomas last week on our vacation. No biggie...
: )
Can't wait for July. It'll be here before you know it...

#10 Posted by Dr. Maxwell (661 posts) - - Show Bio

Man look at that chin

#11 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

Boo-urns to pushing the release back to the original date.

#12 Posted by ThE FL@$H (116 posts) - - Show Bio

yipee!... im really excited.. next to the flash, green lantern hal jordan is one of my fave characters...

#13 Posted by TwilightThunder (246 posts) - - Show Bio

And the cover was supposed to be... Amazing/Awesome? Hmph. Just like Green Lantern's covers... Average.

#14 Posted by LastSon1027 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the artwork for the cover it's very dynamic. Can't wait to see how this one turns out. I haven't seen Wonder Woman yet but it looks good, New Frontier was great, but Superman/Doomsday kinda sucked. So we shall see.

#15 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked superman doomsday but i the fact that doomsday is only in like the first 30 min of it is gay. they should have named it superman vs clone

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.