Follow

Hal Jordan

Character » Hal Jordan appears in 5295 issues.

With the ability to overcome great fear and harness the power of will, test-pilot Hal Jordan was chosen to be the Green Lantern of Sector 2814 inheriting the ring of the dying alien Green Lantern, Abin Sur. He later on went to creating his own power ring from his own will power. Through sheer will power and determination, Hal has established an impressive record of heroism across the galaxy with the help of his fellow Green Lanterns as well as his peers in the Justice League.

G-Man And Babs Talk About War Of Light

• 70 results
    Avatar image for emerald_warrior
    Emerald Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Emerald Warrior

AQUAMAN - MARTIAN MANHUNTER - BATMAN!!! THEY ALL HAVE TO BE BACK AS BLACK LANTERNS AND THEN FOR GOOD!!! ITS GONNA BE BETTER THAN FINAL CRISIS NO DOUBT!!!

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By dane
    Paragon said:
    "Red L.A.M.P. said:
    "Did you say "sperm love" ?"
    I heard that too! "

I totally heard sperm like 3 times.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Babs said:
    Kiara_Sullivan said:
    "DMC said:
    "hey Babs, I think your comment about Sapphire members using the ring after being spurned is incorrect. Well if you look at it's latest members.....well maybe they could be acceptions

It's possible! I'm not exactly an expert on the GL corps. I think I went by what was on comicvine. Let me know what else you dig up!"
    I can try to help as much as you'd like, I'm just getting into the series but I think I have a good knowledge on them :)
    Garshan Kull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Garshan Kull

Well from what we have read the Blue and the Indigo will possible be working together despite the fact the Indigo will be more neutral than anything thought we can't be 100% on this. But yes I think this gives more depth to the source of the green lanterns power like why their light was green in the first place, and where it comes from. Its basically using the electromagnetic spectrum and is linking it to the very nature of living beings everything feels these sort of things one way or another, and they each effect us in a different way and the more powerful the emotion the more effect it has on a person thus making it more wild like their respective lanterns power. Love - Compassion - Hope - Will - Fear - Avarice - Hate (Rage) to me its basically bringing the who concept of the green lanterns power alive and they are giving reasons to certain things that used to go un-explained in the green lantern series like why the Vega System was off limits to the green lanterns etc etc. But as they said we are going to have to wait and see how it plays out and as for the Black Lanterns they represent death and again we're seeing more of a linking to this power to living things since everything eventually dies and crumbles away to nothing so death is all around us in some form or fashion and I think the black lanterns are going to show us this.

wordchallenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By wordchallenge

I'm looking forward to it.  I agree on how it's deepening the meaning of what a Green Lantern is, etc.  Good concept and entertaining too!

SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SwaggaB0y

blacks always bad!

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#57  Edited By No_Name_
    Garshan Kull said:
    "Well from what we have read the Blue and the Indigo will possible be working together despite the fact the Indigo will be more neutral than anything thought we can't be 100% on this. But yes I think this gives more depth to the source of the green lanterns power like why their light was green in the first place, and where it comes from. Its basically using the electromagnetic spectrum and is linking it to the very nature of living beings everything feels these sort of things one way or another, and they each effect us in a different way and the more powerful the emotion the more effect it has on a person thus making it more wild like their respective lanterns power. Love - Compassion - Hope - Will - Fear - Avarice - Hate (Rage) to me its basically bringing the who concept of the green lanterns power alive and they are giving reasons to certain things that used to go un-explained in the green lantern series like why the Vega System was off limits to the green lanterns etc etc. But as they said we are going to have to wait and see how it plays out and as for the Black Lanterns they represent death and again we're seeing more of a linking to this power to living things since everything eventually dies and crumbles away to nothing so death is all around us in some form or fashion and I think the black lanterns are going to show us this."
    If this was a videogame, you would get 100 points for this concise and in depth analysis. Best post in the thread. High five.

"to me its basically bringing the who concept of the green lanterns power alive and they are giving reasons to certain things that used to go un-explained in the green lantern series like why the Vega System was off limits to the green lanterns etc etc."

-I agree. That's what I was hoping for from what I read of this GL book. I like how G.J. is moving deeper into explaining the "why" instead of just the "how" which is something I think needs to be done more often.

Is this Black lantern ring just an excuse to bring back Martian Manhunter? Not that I would mind. I am hesitant to say the black lanterns are (would be) "evil." To me, I'm hoping that if the martian is involved, they aren't the "bad guys;" rather, they are utilized to establish some sort of neutral and peaceful ground. But I could be totally off base.
    ThE FL@

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By ThE FL@

i believe that they would tie the story to other stories if they would bring back batman as a black lantern wouldn't it be cool to see dick if he would be batman and bruce face to face... what would dick and bruce say to each other...

cennobite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By cennobite

Will the black lanterns be able to use the powers they had when they were alive, if so The Martian Manhunter, Firestorm and Earth Two Superman will be very hard to stop.

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60  Edited By Nahero

this im starting to like but you do have a point about the marketing thing, but i do believe its just about making more of a variety and oh boy and once this has been established in the comics i just can't wait to see that stuff with its own animated movie or cartoon series

ThE FL@

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ThE FL@

i would like to buy all the lantern corps t-shirt... hehehe...

cennobite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By cennobite

Will the black lanterns have the powers they had when they were alive, if so The Martian Manhunter, Firestorm and Superman from Earth 2 will be pretty hard to stop.

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Stormultt

lmao dane guardians need life lol...orange laterns rule to me

Dynotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Dynotaku
    on a side note every time one of you says "spurned" it sounds like you're saying "spermed"

I thought so too, and the first time G-man said it Babs opened her mouth and pointed at it and that lead to impure thoughts.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Dynotaku said:
    "on a side note every time one of you says "spurned" it sounds like you're saying "spermed"

I thought so too, and the first time G-man said it Babs opened her mouth and pointed at it and that lead to impure thoughts. "
    Seriously? thats where your mind went too? WOW.
    Dynotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Dynotaku
    Seriously? thats where your mind went too? WOW

I wasn't trying to be gross that's just what association I got from that particular combination of audio and video.
    Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#67  Edited By Comiclove5
    @Kurrent:
    Violet is not Evil just Missguided. A grey if you will.
    Johnny_Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Johnny_Blazed

Star Sapphires = Violet =]

Johnny_Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Johnny_Blazed

But anyway
    G man had a really good point though

I really hope that DC doesn't milk the Lantern Franchise by making 8 different series for each color

I can understand the occasional mini but if each Corps gets its own series then I'm done with it

harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 21

#70  Edited By harleyquinn12

i never actually read Gl before,but this seems like a good storyline. I really think that The Star Sapphires are more of a heroic corps than a bunch of villians that seemed to  have reformed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.