G-Man And Babs Talk About War Of Light

• 70 results
Posted by G-Man (32633 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you think?  Good story idea or another marketing gimmick?  Who's going to come out on top?
Staff
#1 Posted by danhimself (22493 posts) - - Show Bio

star sapphire = violet not pink

i'm loving all of the green lantern stuff and can't wait for blackest night i think this is going to put secret invasion/dark reign to shame
on a side note every time one of you says "spurned" it sounds like you're saying "spermed"
#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't even care about GL..except for Kilowog but I'm buying this just based on the art.As soon as the art gets bad i'm dropping it.

#3 Posted by csimon (2110 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel it is a little of Both......But in the end Yellow and green will alway be on top. And Feel the same way as most what is the deal with Hal and the Blue????

#4 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

sigh

#5 Posted by Kurrent (14067 posts) - - Show Bio

So if they were to separate the corps into a Good / Evil type category  where would they fall

Good - Green, Blue, Indigo

Evil - Yellow, Red, Orange, Violet (I guess)

???? - Black - I know most people are probably assuming that they are going to be bad BUT what if they were not

#6 Edited by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
csimon said:
"I feel it is a little of Both......But in the end Yellow and green will alway be on top. And Feel the same way as most what is the deal with Hal and the Blue????"
I guess he can't use the light energy from his green lantern ring until he takes off the blue one.  And he has to "will it off" which is pretty crazy!

Kurrent said:
"So if they were to separate the corps into a Good / Evil type category  where would they fall Good - Green, Blue, IndigoEvil - Yellow, Red, Orange, Violet (I guess)???? - Black - I know most people are probably assuming that they are going to be bad BUT what if they were not "
That's a great question. I wonder too if the concept is about categorizing "good vs evil" or whether G.J. is trying to determine "balance in the Universe." It's interesting.
If we were categorizing based on good and evil though, I dont know if I would place the black lanterns in evil. Maybe they are just coming back to finish what they started?
#7 Posted by ThE FL@$H (116 posts) - - Show Bio

i cant wait for blackest night... at first i was not a big fan of GL comics... but because of the new movie GL first flight and blackest night... i became one of its fan... i hope it would have good art and good story... i think that the story arcs ending would be.. all of the diff corps will join forces to fight the black lanterns or maybe hal controling all of the rings at a climactic ending... would that be cool... hehehe...

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
"So if they were to separate the corps into a Good / Evil type category  where would they fall Good - Green, Blue, IndigoEvil - Yellow, Red, Orange, Violet (I guess)???? - Black - I know most people are probably assuming that they are going to be bad BUT what if they were not "
I would assume that the Black Lanterns would be bad because forces that bring people back from the dead usually have bad intentions for doing so.
#9 Posted by G-Man (32633 posts) - - Show Bio
ThE FL@$H said:
"i cant wait for blackest night... "
And maybe Batman will return as one and they'll rename it "Blackest Knight."
Staff
#10 Posted by ThE FL@$H (116 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the concept of balance... maybe the black lanterns were made for a reason... maybe all of the colors could have the power to join powers... or something like that to defeat the black... lie ions for the green lanterns.. im just excited really...  hehehe...

#11 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

I just wanna see the return of Aquaman as a Black Lantern.

#12 Posted by Midnightist (10858 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm curious since the GLs have Ion and the Sinestros have Parallax what might the other corps have in way of powerful beings that take you over?

#13 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

oh man...

i'm seriously going to have to add a video reply to this and get my thoughts out there...

give me a few days then i'll get it up and running

M

#14 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

So far I am really looking forward to Blackest Night and this War of Light is pretty good. I just hope DC lets GJ do his thing and not interfer and not try to shorten it or lengthen it out any longer then it really needs.

And a side note, if the Star Sapphires are all about love and spurned love at that, why aren't there any males Sapphires? Maybe its like a man as a waiter at Hooters, they just don't look good in the outfit :)

#15 Posted by Kurrent (14067 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Kurrent said:
I would assume that the Black Lanterns would be bad because forces that bring people back from the dead usually have bad intentions for doing so.
"
Right, but when you think of Love it's more like running around in the grass holding hands and having a picnic instead of pissed off girls wearing violet clothes. The Black Rings could be interpreted in a different way like the Violet ring is, is the point I was trying to make if so I think it would be interesting
#16 Edited by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think the Violet Lanterns are particularly evil. They used their powers for revenge against guys who hurt them mostly. (FRom what I've read anyway about them anyway)
If they are, I need to turn red o_O

#17 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio

Being completely saturated in the emotion of love without anyone being the object of your affections? That will never, ever be healthy. That sort of obsession can make some of the most dangerous people.

#18 Posted by Kurrent (14067 posts) - - Show Bio

Well for the most part the GL's have hurt them which kinda make them the Violet corps  antagonist in the story

#19 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still not turning Red :P

#20 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope the Guardians of the Universe get destroyed, I hope Green Lanterns win but honestly, they're the most manipulative liars in the Universe and I don't think they're fit to claim to be its protectors. the GLs should run themselves or have Ganthet as Guardian of some unified corps.

#21 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you say "sperm love" ?

Staff
#22 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio
Red L.A.M.P. said:
"Did you say "sperm love" ?"
I think she said Spurned xP
#24 Posted by Midnightist (10858 posts) - - Show Bio
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Red L.A.M.P. said:
I think she said Spurned xP"
I agree with him I thought she said sperm but meant to say spurned XD
#25 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio
Red L.A.M.P. said:
thats what it sounds like to me
#26 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe I'm just accustomed to Bab's accent ^_^

#27 Posted by Midnightist (10858 posts) - - Show Bio
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Maybe I'm just accustomed to Bab's accent ^_^"
What accent LOL
#28 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

sounded like G-Man said it too though. But after I watched it a second time I could tell they meant Spurned

#29 Posted by Midnightist (10858 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok I'm just going to settle this now where all perves and wanted to hear sperm it over done deal XD

#30 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio
Midnightist said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:
What accent LOL
"
Considering I'm from teh south she has one from what I hear :P
#31 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Midnightist said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:
What accent LOL
"
Considering I'm from teh south she has one from what I hear :P"
Hillbilly :P
#32 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Midnightist said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:
What accent LOL
"
Hillbilly :P"
Says the guy originally from Florida :P
#33 Posted by Midnightist (10858 posts) - - Show Bio
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Gambler said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Midnightist said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:
What accent LOL
"
Says the guy originally from Florida :P"
What ever happened to good old fashioned english :P
#34 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

I like all the colors, so I think it helps the story more so than marketing.

#35 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio
Midnightist said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Gambler said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Midnightist said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:
What accent LOL
"
Says the guy originally from Florida :P"
What ever happened to good old fashioned english :P
"

It got lost somewhere between Maine and California :P
#36 Posted by Midnightist (10858 posts) - - Show Bio

Good thing I live in Detroit we speak english :P

#37 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio
Midnightist said:
"Good thing I live in Detroit we speak english :P"

IF thats what they are calling Ebonics now :P
#38 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

we speak english here in missouri

#39 Posted by The Hottness (4226 posts) - - Show Bio

Orange Lanterns are too tight... looking forward to them getting more page time

#40 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

hey Babs, I think your comment about Sapphire members using the ring after being spurned is incorrect. Well if you look at it's latest members.....well maybe they could be acceptions

"The first recruit was Miri Riam of the planet Lartnec, who had just lost her husband to an attack by MongulThe second Star Sapphire to be recruited is the villain Fatality, who has plagued the Green Lantern Corps in the past."

#41 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio
DMC said:
"hey Babs, I think your comment about Sapphire members using the ring after being spurned is incorrect. Well if you look at it's latest members.....well maybe they could be acceptions

"The first recruit was Miri Riam of the planet Lartnec, who had just lost her husband to an attack by MongulThe second Star Sapphire to be recruited is the villain Fatality, who has plagued the Green Lantern Corps in the past."
"
Hey I was just reading that in Green Lantern. Poor Miri. I wanted to cry :(
#42 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling the Orange lanterns are going to be the Corps. to watch out for, they have to be a really power force if the smurfs allowed them to their own jurisdiction rather then just attempt to wipe them out like they tried with the Yellow Corps.

#43 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

I have one question .....is it magically delicious

#44 Posted by JillPantozzi (13 posts) - - Show Bio

"Batman's not dead, but we won't go there." Haha, I'm with you Babs. :)

All the GL stuff has been amazing. I am sure the War of Light will be no less.
#45 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

The Pink Lanterns sound like Amazons

#46 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"I just wanna see the return of Aquaman as a Black Lantern."
That and Martian Manhunter.
#47 Posted by Giuseppe Riccadonna (2071 posts) - - Show Bio

G-man face at 4:47 LMAO!

#48 Posted by Giuseppe Riccadonna (2071 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know where I heard this, but I think the INdigo Lanterns are neutral. They are appear to the be the "medics" in the war. Cause that first pic of the Massive Light war show them healing everybody, and I believe EVERYBODY. So, yea, I'm going with them being the neutral group.

#49 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
JillPantozzi said:
""Batman's not dead, but we won't go there." Haha, I'm with you Babs. :)

All the GL stuff has been amazing. I am sure the War of Light will be no less.
"
Hah! We just twittered each other! CRAZY! Welcome to comicvine!

I am really digging this light wars stuff too.

Kiara_Sullivan said:
"DMC said:
"hey Babs, I think your comment about Sapphire members using the ring after being spurned is incorrect. Well if you look at it's latest members.....well maybe they could be acceptions

It's possible! I'm not exactly an expert on the GL corps. I think I went by what was on comicvine. Let me know what else you dig up!
#50 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio
Red L.A.M.P. said:
I heard that too!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.