Follow

Hal Jordan

Character » Hal Jordan appears in 5295 issues.

With the ability to overcome great fear and harness the power of will, test-pilot Hal Jordan was chosen to be the Green Lantern of Sector 2814 inheriting the ring of the dying alien Green Lantern, Abin Sur. He later on went to creating his own power ring from his own will power. Through sheer will power and determination, Hal has established an impressive record of heroism across the galaxy with the help of his fellow Green Lanterns as well as his peers in the Justice League.

First Four Minutes Of Green Lantern: First Flight

• 65 results
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By SUNMAN
    @Lissbirds said:
    " I don't like his "transformation" into GL looks like it was from an anime movie.  What is up with that?

"
    I take it someone is a sailor moon fan lol
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By NightFang3

Cant Wait to see it.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Media_Master

Still looks great

Samuraikenpo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Samuraikenpo

that was awesome

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
    Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

Dude, cold shit. Like i didn't have enough stuff to buy, between this, back to school, my gf, and blackest night i will be one broooooke muthafucka. An i'll love every minute of it, lol. 

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By Decept-O

That was great!  I wonder if the reason why this isn't being shown outside the U.S. is due to piracy issues?

Toybox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Toybox
    @TheBug said:
    " @SUNMAN said:
    "I never got why Abin Sur crashed to earth on a spaceship. I mean green lanterns don't usually fly on spacships they use their rings to travel. And wouldn't he had a better chance of escaping legion with his ring than on a spaceship? "
    I can't recall the issue, but I remember an Alan Moore story that addressed the spaceship. An alien who could predict the future told Abin about his death, and Abin assumed that his death would be caused by his ring failing. So he took a ship instead of using his ring. Its all very fuzzy to me. "
    Yeah it was in Tales of the Green Lantern Corps-Tygers. Abin goes to a planet called Ysmault where the Qull tells him he will answer any three questions. When he asks what is to become of him Qull tells him his ring will fail him when he needs it most so he decides to use a spaceship for long trips. Qull was playing some trick and he knew it wouldc mean the end of Abin. If he would have used the ring he probably would have tested the atmosphere and been fine. It's in the DC Universe: The Stories of Allan Moore, well worth the read only wish i had the originals.
    Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By Green ankh

WOW that is cool I am jazzed now.

fyilm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By fyilm

Well, actually it is viewable outside US. At least in Turkey...

Tony drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By Tony drake

WOW DUDE!

GLRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By GLRavn

Oh man, that was SWEET! ....still a little unsure about Abin's design, but i like how it doesn't waste alot of time with the backstory and goes right into it (even though Hal's relationship with Carrol is pretty important). Can't wait!!

GLRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By GLRavn
    @goldenkey said:
    " @Darkchild said:
    "@goldenkey said:
    "

didn't we see the Green Lantern orgin in Justice League New Frontier.  Why are we seeing it again, instead of just a quick recap of  his orgin and moving onto something new.

"
    That was of that universeJust be happy we finally get GL movie"
    Im gonna watch it anyway cuz I love comic books, and comin animation, doesn't mean I can't be a little pissed off that I have to see the rookie GL again.  Move on, Give us the journeyman GL "

I agree, the Hal origin has been done like 5 times now (...the original run, quick flashback in first issues of current series, Secret Origins, New Frontier comic and movie.... and now this! That's 6!!)... how about they make a movie that starts with the destruction of Coast City, goes through the Parallax stuff, and end it with Zero Hour (even though nobody liked or read it!), or The Final Night series. Could even incorporate the 'Superman: Doomsday" movie...
    Defiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Defiant

8 days

Atom Smasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By Atom Smasher

Man they messed up Abin. :-( Everything else seems cool. Excited like a little school girl even if I'm an Adult Male.

Andrew_Bator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Andrew_Bator
    Willy105  why do you say its a low budget? Where (anywhere) have you seen the reported budget of this movie?

The animation was fantastic. I do not know what more people expect. I am searching the web wondering what the budget was because I was so impressed with the animation.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.