does shaping really matter?

#1 Posted by yotaman (101 posts) - - Show Bio

i didn't looked about it before, but it always intrigue me the need of shaping the rings energy. i mean, it's always the same matter, same energy that it's power depend on it's type of emotion.

i know that shaping the energy can be useful at different kind of occasions, but when it come to fighting i don't see the different between an energy ball (for example) and a shot gun...

there is more that i can add to make myself more clear but i assume you know what i'm trying to say. so please, help me understand.

#2 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11266 posts) - - Show Bio

It's about the imagination. Whatever the think of, that's what the rings creates. Hal did boxing, so it makes sense for him to create a boxing glove. Kyle is an artist so whatever he creates usually aesthetically stimulating. That's why they take shape.

#3 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@yotaman: Not really dude, a sharp triangle could work better than a choo choo train in many occasions

#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13390 posts) - - Show Bio

In real life it wouldn't matter, Hal proved adept in utilizing the Rings various effects and powers without needng constructs. However since he is a comic book character and his entire purpose is to entertain readers ,it does matter.

#5 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11996 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean if I had a power ring, I'd use it to create different constructs...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.