Constructs?

#1 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Hal Jordan (or any GL for that matter) have Energy based Constructs or Willpower based constructs? He really can't have both. Based upon recent issues of GL and GLC I'd say Willpower based, personally.
Post Edited:2007-04-09 10:05:12

#2 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

They're created by his will, but made out of energy.

#3 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"They're created by his will, but made out of energy."

Ditto. You beat me to the answer.

#4 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Thought you had super speed?"

Hey, gimme a break. It's Monday, overcast, and I've only had one pot of coffee.

#5 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

So he gets two powers for the price of one?

I'd say that the constructs are BASED on Will, energy is simply the medium that the will travels through. therfore should be labeled accordingly.

#6 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought you had super speed?

#7 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Intervener says:

"Got to love Magic, the art of the unexplained! NO! NOT A TRIPLE POST, THAT'S WORSE THAN A DOUBLE POST! It seems as though Magic hath struck again.
Post Edited:2007-04-11 14:50:52"

Magic does not strike again, but i fear the curse of the browser tabbing did... same problem i have. if you have multiple tabs open in the browser then it posts multiple times....

i think someone else had this problem a while back and it posted the message 15 times for him... thats the record i think lol

M

#8 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

the constructs are will based, the ring takes the 'idea' from the bearers imagination and uses the willpower to create it out of plasma energy (i'm sure the constructs were called plasma constructs as some point... can't remember where though but it stuck in my head for some reason.)

thats the way it works for the GL corps and ION, Parallax... it may work differently for Alan Scott because his powers are magical in nature...

M

#9 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

Got to love Magic, the art of the unexplained!

NO! NOT A TRIPLE POST, THAT'S WORSE THAN A DOUBLE POST! It seems as though Magic hath struck again.
Post Edited:2007-04-11 14:50:52

#10 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#11 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#12 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

methos says:

"the constructs are will based, the ring takes the 'idea' from the bearers imagination and uses the willpower to create it out of plasma energy (i'm sure the constructs were called plasma constructs as some point... can't remember where though but it stuck in my head for some reason.) thats the way it works for the GL corps and ION, Parallax... it may work differently for Alan Scott because his powers are magical in nature... M"

I think I remember one of Kyle's constructs being referred to as a plasma prison (he created giants hands to surround the moon) in the 'Earth 2' graphic novel.

In your description, you give the impression that there would be no energy if there was no willpower, so it sounds as if the constructs are not energy based.

#13 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

pretty much... if the character doesn't have the willpower to 'will' the constructs into existence then there is no construct.

they are 'Will Powered' but they are also energy constructs... you can't have them without either the willpower or the ring.

for some reason different types of Willpower affect the ring differently as well... for example, Cynical willpower works, but it takes tremendous effort for the barer.

M

#14 Posted by Atom Smasher (83 posts) - - Show Bio

I must agree with Metho's orginially it was simple, what the ring wielder thought up he could do. This was of course not true for things yellow in nature. The change from it being just imganation and into Will Power has come largely since the Rebirth of Hal Jordan, and the Corps in 05, with the revealation that yellow is the weakness due to fear, meaning that all those years, not one Gl could overcome fear and now, thousands have..so yeah you see the skeptism in my view.

#15 Posted by Atom Smasher (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#16 Posted by The Invincible (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"pretty much... if the character doesn't have the willpower to 'will' the constructs into existence then there is no construct. they are 'Will Powered' but they are also energy constructs... you can't have them without either the willpower or the ring. for some reason different types of Willpower affect the ring differently as well... for example, Cynical willpower works, but it takes tremendous effort for the barer. M"

good thing I don't have a power ring i'd feel sorry for you guys...

#17 Posted by The Invincible (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"pretty much... if the character doesn't have the willpower to 'will' the constructs into existence then there is no construct. they are 'Will Powered' but they are also energy constructs... you can't have them without either the willpower or the ring. for some reason different types of Willpower affect the ring differently as well... for example, Cynical willpower works, but it takes tremendous effort for the barer. M"

good thing I don't have a power ring i'd feel sorry for you guys...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.