Can anyone just cut off Hal's finger?

#1 Posted by clarkjordan27 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering,cant anyone just cut off or shoot his finger off..or maybe his whole hand or arm.
would he be powerless?

#2 Posted by JLAsuperdude (174 posts) - - Show Bio

No, just because he doesn't have the ring on his finger doesn't mean he can't control it, as seen in the comics and the movie. Although if he was knocked out they might be able to do something. 

-Outlaw-
#3 Posted by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

Only Gollum.

#4 Posted by IKnowEverything (359 posts) - - Show Bio
@cosmo111687 said:
Only Gollum.
well done
#5 Posted by IKnowEverything (359 posts) - - Show Bio
@clarkjordan27 said:
I was wondering,cant anyone just cut off or shoot his finger off..or maybe his whole hand or arm. would he be powerless?
i wonder if someone cut off all his fingers if he could put the ring on one of his toes and make finger-shaped constructs...
#6 Posted by consolemaster001 (6042 posts) - - Show Bio

they can't/won't

#7 Posted by thatbamaguy (8 posts) - - Show Bio

In flash point abin sur green lantern..... SPOILERS... Sinestro chops off abin sur's hand and then abin sur creates a will power hand the ring sits on. I'm sure Hal could do the same if he thought about it.

#8 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13628 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatbamaguy said:

In flash point abin sur green lantern..... SPOILERS... Sinestro chops off abin sur's hand and then abin sur creates a will power hand the ring sits on. I'm sure Hal could do the same if he thought about it.

yeah. Soranik Natu helped a guy do it as well after the Sinestro Corps War. besides GL still have shielding.

#9 Posted by consolemaster001 (6042 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatbamaguy said:

#10 Posted by Rumble Man (11118 posts) - - Show Bio

they have be strong enough (SPB) or popular enough (batman)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.