Bale should learn from Green Lantern's Ryan Reynolds.

#1 Posted by MrErbac (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Christian Bale could use the lesson on how to properly disguise your voice when in costume from Ryan Reynolds. You don't have to talk like you have lung cancer and marbles in your mouth. He should've learned that from Michael Keaton already but oh yeah, he's too busy trying to disguise his English accent.

#2 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

No.
 
Kevin Conroy should've done the voice over work when Bale was in batman mode.

#3 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

the voice isn't pleasing as an audience member ok we get it it's been almost three years now, can we move on?

#4 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

 
   

  
 
 
Yeah, the voice works.
#5 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

  The voice is fine, in fact, Ryan's masked voice was horrible.  It came off as arrogant and just douchey.  He spoke as if he was only using that tone, to get in bed with a girl.  With Bale's voice, he invokes the fear, and the ideal that is Batman.

#6 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrErbac: Plus he could also take to learning how to be handsome, enigmatic, charismatic and a gentlemanly nice guy...

@Amegashita said:

The voice is fine, in fact, Ryan's masked voice was horrible. It came off as arrogant and just douchey. He spoke as if he was only using that tone, to get in bed with a girl. With Bale's voice, he invokes the fear, and the ideal that is Batman.

Bales voice was completely Arrogant and Douchey with a hint of lung cancer and a dash of oh wow could that voice be more fake ;)

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

Bales voice is fine, people think they're being funny when they make fun of it. but they're not
 
There is maybe one part in Dark Knight where I couldn't understand him, and I have real bad hearing

#8 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Mistress Redhead.:  It still wasn't as douchey as Ryan's, "Hey, want go to my room tonight?" voice.
#9 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio

@Amegashita said:

@.Mistress Redhead.: It still wasn't as douchey as Ryan's, "Hey, want go to my room tonight?" voice.

I am yet to see the Lantern movie, so will get back to you and we can debate or agree on that one later ;p

I just HATED Bale's voice

#10 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Mistress Redhead.:  Alrighty then, once you watch the movie, then we'll see.
#11 Posted by The_Assassin_ (17414 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree

#12 Posted by SC (12680 posts) - - Show Bio

Mwahat? Balle vouice mwas berfect. *heavey deep breuathing* Maim dugh Bautmuan!!!!!!!! 

Moderator Online
#13 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

His voice was fine in Batman Begins, but there were just some parts in TDK that just seemed unfitting for it.

#14 Posted by RMurray (83 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
  The voice is fine, in fact, Ryan's masked voice was horrible.  It came off as arrogant and just douchey.  He spoke as if he was only using that tone, to get in bed with a girl.  With Bale's voice, he invokes the fear, and the ideal that is Batman.
Just to clarify: Ryan Reynolds voice wasn't different in any scene except one, and the sole purpose of that particular scene was to reveal Hal to Carol and to mock the seriousness of some superhero films while completely ignoring the fact that you can wear a mask or glasses and be unnoticed. The voice used on the balcony was just a jab towards The Dark Knight, probably just as the shield in the training scene was a jab at Captain America, complete with being thrown.
#15 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@RMurray:  Ye, I know that.  It was obvious.  In fact Ryan's supposed best friend even goes so far as to say, "Doesn't the hero always get the girl?" right before Ryan goes off with the voice in tow.  Which prompts the overly fake voice that, and I reiterate, sounded as if he wanted to get a girl (Carol) into bed.
#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24598 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
  The voice is fine, in fact, Ryan's masked voice was horrible.  It came off as arrogant and just douchey.  He spoke as if he was only using that tone, to get in bed with a girl.  With Bale's voice, he invokes the fear, and the ideal that is Batman.
isn't arrogant and Douchey Hal's thing 
#17 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Bale's voice was fine, Reynold's voice was fine. Get over it.

Moderator
#18 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe:  Depends on how you look at him, though I don't recall "Wanna join me in my bed?"  As a dominant feature of Hal's personality.
#19 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

What a dumb thread. Academy Award Winner Christian Bale should take acting lessons from Ryan Reynolds. Do people even think before they make threads anymore? 
 
Bale's voice was fine, and it was realistic. Yes, Kevin Conroy's Batman voice is awesome, but it's not feasible in a more "real" setting. It's not that different from his Bruce voice, it's just a bit deeper and gravelly. If you watch JL and TNBA, he doesn't even bother changing it. 
 
Bale's Bruce, on the other hand, lives in a world where people hear his voice every damn day. If one of those people was to be interrogated by Batman, like Flass in the first film, you would instantly make the connection between Bruce and Batman if the difference is just a slight change in pitch. But no, Bale disguises it completely with a harsh and overly grave tone, thus producing an ideal "real-world" Batman voice.

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24598 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita: Only when under aged alien chicks are involved 
#21 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe:  In all actuality, isn't she like 300 years old, so it defers ;P.
#22 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
What a dumb thread. Academy Award Winner Christian Bale should take acting lessons from Ryan Reynolds. Do people even think before they make threads anymore?   Bale's voice was fine, and it was realistic. Yes, Kevin Conroy's Batman voice is awesome, but it's not feasible in a more "real" setting. It's not that different from his Bruce voice, it's just a bit deeper and gravelly. If you watch JL and TNBA, he doesn't even bother changing it.   Bale's Bruce, on the other hand, lives in a world where people hear his voice every damn day. If one of those people was to be interrogated by Batman, like Flass in the first film, you would instantly make the connection between Bruce and Batman if the difference is just a slight change in pitch. But no, Bale disguises it completely with a harsh and overly grave tone, thus producing an ideal "real-world" Batman voice.
  And in all actuality, this is so much win.
#23 Posted by joshmightbe (24598 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita: She was retconned to be that old but when Hal did her she was still being considered a child 
#24 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
@Amegashita: She was retconned to be that old but when Hal did her she was still being considered a child 
  And ye, I know that, but now that the retcon occurred, she's 300 or w/e now, and that's all that matters since, you won't be getting any stories of an under-aged one.
#25 Posted by VanTesla (518 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a better idea. Have Ryan Reynolds play as Batman!
#26 Posted by joshmightbe (24598 posts) - - Show Bio
@VanTesla: god no he was an Ok Hal but he'd be an awful Batman
#27 Posted by VanTesla (518 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:


                    @VanTesla: god no he was an Ok Hal but he'd be an awful Batman

                   

               

 How about Bizarro Batman?
#28 Posted by joshmightbe (24598 posts) - - Show Bio
@VanTesla: no but he would've been an awesome Booster Gold
#29 Posted by VanTesla (518 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe
How about a modern Jimmy Olsen.
#30 Posted by darkcloakx (788 posts) - - Show Bio

have him be moon knight, iron fist or black panther or even luke cage  and daredevil. lol  

#31 Posted by ecliptor2814 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

i dunno the voice works, i would be scared if i say some nut job wearing a cape talk to me like that

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.