Follow

Gwen Stacy

Character » Gwen Stacy appears in 1592 issues.

Gwen Stacy was the first true love of Peter Parker. She's best known for her tragic death by being thrown off from the Brooklyn Bridge by the Green Goblin. The Earth-65 version is Spider-Gwen who is a major player in the Spider family.

The Return of Gwen Stacy to the 616? (Theory with evidence)

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DMC
    Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Wyldsong

I really, really, really, really, really hope this does not come to pass. 

Worst 

Idea 

Ever. 

Okay, not exactly true, but it ranks pretty high on the list.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Primmaster64

Well her clone is still alive and well.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I had a feeling about this, with OMD and everything.

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By bingbangboom

I am too young to really remember Gwen Stacy so it doesn't matter to me much. It would be interesting but I don't really think the problem with Spider-Man is Gwen. I like the flirtation he has with other superheroes like Ms. Marvel. I don't think it was Gwen that was sitting on the tomb. Grim Hunt and The Gauntlet were great and honestly, OMIT has been pretty good to start with. I sort of like the odd relationship that MJ and Peter have now.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Gambit1024

If they're even CONSIDERING bringing her back from the dead, I'll never read another Spider-Man issue again as long as Quesada is in charge. Seriously, that's almost as bad as bringing back Uncle Ben. 

Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    " I had a feeling about this, with OMD and everything. "
    I'm fine with bringing back the clone. But, the real one?? No way........
    Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

No no no no no no no  no no no  no no no  no no no  no no no  no no no  no no no no no no  no no no  no no no  no no no  no no no  no no no   no no no no no no  no no no  no no no  no no no  no no no  no no no NO!!!!!!

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Backflip

No.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By HexThis

Yes, she should come back. I'm sorry but the editors have been cashing in on/exploiting Gwen posthumously ever since, each idea more terrible than the last because they're scratching their heads thinking "How can we bring back Gwen without it being Gwen?" then add to that the fact that Gwen and Uncle Ben have been Peter's sole source for pathos for decades upon decades...it's getting a little stale. Would it be so terrible if she were brought back? 

Because see, what I find worse is characters like Wolverine and Deadpool and Hulk being almost unkillable so that absolutely any sense of suspense in their storylines is nil or the fact that side characters are constantly being re-introduced just to be killed instead of taking a risk with a major cash cow. Compared to that, bringing back Gwen Stacy is nothing.  And where was all this whining with Bucky? His death was the totality of Cap's angst and now his fans have essentially allowed him to steal Cap's life. 

I say bring Gwen back, keep her the hell away from Greg Land, and make her a darker character whose disconnect with a world that's gone on without her has her confusedly trying to understand it. That would be interesting. 

30-40 years ago, superhero's girlfriends never died, now it happens all the time. Maybe if Gwen were brought back disoriented and questioning her own resurrection it would actually CHALLENGE the cliche rather than succumbing to it. 

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes she is back, back again, but am 99& sure she will kill herself at the end of clone conspiracy

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.