Oh my god, they killed Stacy !!

#1 Posted by Psychose (60 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm wondering why they killed Gwen in the ultimate universe !

For the original universe, Stan Lee wanted to kill M.J..

But John Romita Sr succeeded to convince him to kill Gwen. He said that to kill Peter's girlfriend would have more impact than to kill Peter's friend.

So why in the Ultimate Universe, Marvel didn't have the same thought? Why they didn't kill M.J. (Peter's girlfriend) instead of Gwen (Peter's friend) ?

#2 Posted by GoocherLee (393 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably for the same reasons they did it in the 616 Universe.

Mary Jane is a much more exciting character than Gwen.

Not that I have anything against buxom blue-eyed blondes,

but the way MJ was written made her the one worth keeping.

#3 Posted by G-Man (39203 posts) - - Show Bio

Also for shock value. Bendis did a good job making the Ulitmate Gwen different from the 616 Gwen. Sure there was always the possibility she'd die sooner or later. People just didn't think it'd be sooner.

Staff
#4 Posted by DEADPOOL (2905 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Also for shock value. Bendis did a good job making the Ulitmate Gwen different from the 616 Gwen."

Haha, Bendis just swapped Gwen's and M.J.'s personalities in the Ultimate universe. Ultimate M.J. is the sweet girl you bring home to mom, and Ultimate Gwen's the rambunctious party girl.

Post Edited:2007-05-12 15:40:34

#5 Posted by Mr. Renegade (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I was a very sad moment though. I liked Gwen.

Post Edited:2007-05-12 15:55:48

#6 Posted by G-Man (39203 posts) - - Show Bio

We all liked Gwen. Sometimes the universe is just cruel. We still have Gwen in the movies (hopefully).

Staff
#7 Posted by Mr. Renegade (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, but you know that she is going to die, probably in the 4th if it happens.

#8 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3733 posts) - - Show Bio

They wouldn't be allowed to kill MJ, ultimate or 616, because of the movies.

#9 Posted by Lewis (4 posts) - - Show Bio

No i loved stacey

#10 Posted by Octagon Freak (11214 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, someone posted here, so I felt the need to come in and shout, "You bastards!"

#11 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7554 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Freak says:

"Ok, someone posted here, so I felt the need to come in and shout, "You bastards!""

okay?

#12 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7554 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Freak says:

"The Mighty Thor says:
"Octagon Freak says:
"Ok, someone posted here, so I felt the need to come in and shout, "You bastards!""
okay?"
Never watched South Park, have you?"

no i have but i haven't seen that many episodes cause they keep showing the same episodes over and over

#13 Posted by Octagon Freak (11214 posts) - - Show Bio

The Mighty Thor says:

"Octagon Freak says:

okay?"

Never watched South Park, have you?

#14 Posted by Octagon Freak (11214 posts) - - Show Bio

The Mighty Thor says:

"Octagon Freak says:
"The Mighty Thor says:
"Octagon Freak says:
okay?"
Never watched South Park, have you?"

no i have but i haven't seen that many episodes cause they keep showing the same episodes over and over

"

Well it was a South Park joke. Now leave me alone.

#15 Posted by Vindellavon (451 posts) - - Show Bio

Wiki says Bryde Dallas Howard is reprising her role as Gwen Stacy, so I'm really hoping mythos makes it's impact, and iconic bridge scene comes into place.

#16 Posted by Zoom (14750 posts) - - Show Bio

Aww man.  I thought she was another that was BNDed into existance and they had killed her off again.

The thread just got bumped. :-(

#17 Posted by Vindellavon (451 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn it, she couldn't even make it out alive during Son of M, not that she physically died or anything, but damn it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.