Would U Buy It #81: "GL: A Guy & His Gnort"

Posted by cbishop (7200 posts) - - Show Bio
#DateWelcome to WUBI # 81:Choose Your View:Attached to Forum:Back/ Next
8110/31/12Green Lantern: A Guy & His Gnort(Blog) (Forum)Guy Gardner(Back) (Next)

We all have trade paperback (TPB) collections we'd like to see. Here's one of mine:

Proposed Title:Green Lantern: A Guy & His Gnort.
Alternate Title:Guy Gardner: A Guy & His Gnort.
Collecting 10 Issues:Green Lantern #9-13; Green Lantern Corps Quarterly #1-5.
Covers: (click to enlarge)
TPB Cover: Green Lantern (1990) #9

A Guy & His Gnort is an arc that fell right in the middle of all the stuff going on with the Mosaic. Since I have previously suggested a couple of Green Lantern: Mosaic trades, I figured why not fill in the gaps, and suggest a TPB for these issues as well? It's a fun little tale of G'nort deciding to be Guy Gardner's best pal, and Guy trying to get rid of him. A much bigger problem presents itself though, and Lantern-like stuff ensues. Admit it though: as much as he plays second banana in this story, this is really a G'nort collection, so I also figured why not throw in the G'nort tales from Green Lantern Corps Quaterly? Just a bit of extra fun to add to this trade.

I suggested the alternate title of Guy Gardner: A Guy & His Gnort, because Guy sells comics just as well as Green Lantern, and it would be a way for DC to keep the Guy Gardner title copyright in force. I'd have also suggested an alternate title of G'nort: A Guy & His Gnort, but I couldn't stop laughing long enough to do so, and let's face it: G'nort's name on the cover isn't going to sell anything.

Would you buy it? Let me know in the comments, and thanks for reading.

Note:Thanks to @chpmonkwithoutfear for letting me know that GL #13 is epilogue to "A Guy & His Gnort." It's been added! -cb :)

More WUBI:

Back/ Next#DateWhich WUBI will it be:Choose Your View:Attached to Forum:
Back:8010/26/12DCCCL: Sword of Sorcery(List)Sword of Sorcery (1973)
Next:8210/31/12Masters of the Universe(Blog) (Forum)He-Man

Want more WUBI?ViewTheIndex
Full WUBI Index:(numerical order)(alphabetical order)(categorized)

Thanks again!

#1 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5416 posts) - - Show Bio

I would buy this, although I might have to read it in spurts as one can only take so much G'Nort at a time ;)

#2 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Guy as a yellow lantern altho being a red lantern is also ok with me. Gnort can have his own solo title as a Blue Lantern.

#3 Posted by cbishop (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

@Donovan Montgomery said:

I would buy this, although I might have to read it in spurts as one can only take so much G'Nort at a time ;)

Very true. ;D

@colonyofcells said:

I prefer Guy as a yellow lantern altho being a red lantern is also ok with me. Gnort can have his own solo title as a Blue Lantern.

I preferred Guy with the one yellow ring. The Rainbow Corps I could do without.

#4 Posted by ChpMonkwithoutfear (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I would buy that in a heartbeat but your missing one last issue in the arc and that is green lantern 13, which is the perfect epilogue to the guy and his g'nort arc.

#5 Posted by cbishop (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

@chpmonkwithoutfear: I didn't know that. Unless I really know the story, I go by the covers on CV for the most part, and couldn't tell that he was in that issue. If CV ever fixes it so I can get into these blogs again, I'll fix that (I've been locked out of many of the WUBI's since the site was redesigned [sigh]). Thanks.

#6 Posted by ChpMonkwithoutfear (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I totally understand, some of the appearances of characters seem way too easy too, like showing up in one panel in the background, I understand they are in the issue but it is making some of the characters have way too many appearances. G'nort being one of those, he has appeared in over 100 issues on the site including the trades, but what it should be is more like around 60-70 appearances including the trades some of the issues he is literally in just one panel.

#7 Posted by cbishop (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

@chpmonkwithoutfear: I think any appearance should be counted, because some people want to know that, but I do wish that there was a way to clarify what the appearance is like, sort of like designating "artist, writer, editor, etc." with the creators. "Story," "background," "one panel," "cameo," "appears at end" ...something like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.