Is Guy Gardner a human?

#1 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1240 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering if somebody can help me with this? I was Checking out Guy's Profile and it said he has both a human mom and dad but he also has Vuldarian DNA? so is he human or not?

#2 Posted by Icarusflies (12246 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime: Yes, his body rejected the Vuldarian DNA during Green Lantern: Rebirth.

#3 Posted by Liquid_Snake (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Its said many times he was a human.

#4 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

So it was a DNA "implant"?

#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11736 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

So it was a DNA "implant"?

rotflmao

#6 Posted by Warrior-4-ever (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime: In the GL SF&O that came out after Rebirth it stated that Guy still had his Vuldarian genes but his powers went dormant again [leaving the door open for them to return at some point]. A second issue of GL SF&O stated that his Vuldarian powers were the result of a "virus" and not from any actual genetics. And God only knows what the state of it is now with the new Universe reboot.

#7 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: I love this.

#8 Posted by glfan (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude he is a human alien hybrid so he is human in technicaulity that also has specific powers. It's a bit confusing at first but he really is hal human and in my eyes no matter how much human genetics they are still human. He is half human and ps in green lantern rebirth he lost his vuldrian DNA. I really don't understand why but that happened.

#9 Posted by Misterwizz (195 posts) - - Show Bio

He got Geoffconned.

#10 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1240 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

@Kid_Omega_Prime: Yes, his body rejected the Vuldarian DNA during Green Lantern: Rebirth.

Ok let me ask this was Guy born with the Vuldarian DNA or did he get it another way ?

#11 Posted by The New L (78 posts) - - Show Bio

"Guy eventually found new powers embedded deep in the Nabba Jungle in the Amazon. Upon exploring an ancient temple, Guy finds a chalice filled with a strange liquid. Guy is drawn to the chalice and feels compelled to drink from it. It was then that Guy underwent a radical transformation. Guy was hit with a knowledge of hundreds of years. He knows about a dying race of humanoids called the Vuldarians and how they came to Earth. They were a proud race of warriors and had amazing shape-shifting abilities.

Their numbers were dwindling, they came to Earth to save their race. The Vuldarians discovered that their DNA is compatible with humans. The Vuldarians began procreating with local tribes. Unfortunately, their unique DNA would take years to integrate with humans completely. The last colony of Vuldarians died, but their genes continued to swim through the human pool for some time until, hundreds of years later, the integration was successful. Guy was this descendant. When Guy learned all of this, he was blown away. He then realized, quite abruptly, that the waters from the chalice had activated his dormant Vuldarian powers."

So I would have to saw yes he was born with his Vuldarian DNA. Wich makes him a hybrid. hope this helps.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.