Follow

Guy Gardner

Character » Guy Gardner appears in 1597 issues.

Guy Gardner started out as the backup Green Lantern for Hal Jordan. He has since become one of the most prominent Green Lanterns of the Corps, despite possessing an egocentric personality. He has recently deserted his Green Power Ring in favor of the Red Ring of rage. Guy's will and rage are some of the most impressive in the entire Emotional Spectrum.

Guy's rage... =(SPOILERS)=

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Methos

Hey all, if you haven't seen this cover already, prepare to be blown away.... 

No Caption Provided

Yup, it's true... Guy will soon be rockin' the Red Lantern colors...

No Caption Provided

For those that have read the solicits for this issue, GLC-43, the quote is "A horrible loos for the Green Lantern Corps" I realize that you can only trust solicits so far, but "a horrible loss for the Green Lantern Corps" tells me we're probably looking at a death, and that the death will be a Lantern, not Ice. And I'm going to go ahead and predict Kilowog. 

He and Kyle are the Lanterns that Guy cares the most about, and I doubt Kyle's going anywhere. I think Kilowog is the loss that would hurt the GLC the most, emotionally.  For the record, I really hope I'm wrong. I don't think I've ever met a GL fan who doesn't like Kilowog!

I'm a little disappointed that they went the super-obvious route and gave Guy red. He's got a temper, sure, but there are waaaay too many readers who still think that he's a ticking timebomb waiting to go off. He's not the danger to himself and others that he used to be. He can really explode with anger, but he has also done more heavy-duty forgiving than any other character I've ever known. Yeah, he definitely qualifies for the red ring (since it accepts anyone who has a momentary temper tantrum, apparently), but I guess I was just hoping they'd do something... you know... surprising instead of obvious.

Even so, I'm really excited to read and see what they're going to do with it. He wielded that yellow ring for good, and I'll bet he can eventually manage to control himself enough to use the red competently, too. Like a lot of folks have predicted, I bet he'll be the red lantern who cooperates with the Big Rainbow Project. Or a one-man Black Lantern killing machine. So long as they give him his proper due, this has the potential to be awesome.

M

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

I've been waiting for one of the earth lanterns to switch to another color...I thought it would be Kyle though

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Methos

Hal already switched to Blue... oh, and Red... oh yeah, he did Orange as well.... oh, don't forget Yellow...

damn, he's working his way through more colors than a pack of smarties lol

M

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By danhimself

well I meant permanently...I really thought that Kyle would become a Blue Lantern

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Methos

doubt it...

Geoff doesn't care enough about Kyle to do anything major with him... that's why he was shunted off to the Corps book so that Geoff didn't have to write him at all

M

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By danhimself

so are you reading Green Lantern again?  I thought that you said that you dropped it awhile back

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By danhimself
    @Portrait said:
    " @Methos said:
    " Hal already switched to Blue... oh, and Red... oh yeah, he did Orange as well.... oh, don't forget Yellow...  damn, he's working his way through more colors than a pack of smarties lol  M "
    When was Kyle an Orange Lantern? Or blue for that matter... "

read the post...the very first word is "Hal"
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Guy as a red lantern? noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

well im not real up to date with all those other lantern corp. i think they should just keep with the green one. no need to use the whole damn rainbow.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Darkchild

I it is Kilowog i am going to devote all my tiem on CV to updating his page, and in the process find a way to find Johns home of residence

burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By burr787

I doubt that Guy will remain a red lantern for long but it could be cool for a couple issues before Ganthet or Walker save him. Something else that could be interesting is if Guy kills Atrocitus and takes control of the Red Lanterns but that would suck after a couple months.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Guy has never looked so cool.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By geraldthesloth

I'll still love Guy, regardless where he goes or what he does, he's the magnificent b*#)tard with a heart of gold.

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By velle37
    @Methos said:
    "Hal already switched to Blue... oh, and Red... oh yeah, he did Orange as well.... oh, don't forget Yellow...  damn, he's working his way through more colors than a pack of smarties lol  M "

When did he switch to yellow?
    junkmasterzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By junkmasterzero
    @velle37: Parallax counts as yellow right?
    velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By velle37
    @junkmasterzero said:
    " @velle37: Parallax counts as yellow right? "

Somewhat... 

Hal has weilded Yellow rings on several occasions....... 

He took Sinestor's ring to stop an anti-matter Bomb in a simulation of an alternate life of Superman where Kal-El was raised by the guardians as the perfect GL...... 

Before the Sinestro Corps war (I think it was revenge of the Green Lanterns, But I'm not sure) Hal used several Qwardian Rings (all at the same time, similar to Emerald twilight) and charged at Sinestro, who casually manipulated all of the energy Hal was generating for his own use, to prove his superiority...... 

In the Justice Story arc, Hal gave his GL ring to John so he could save the city, while Hal took the spare Qwardian ring and battled Sinestro in the sky, until both of their rings were drained......... 

There may be others, but these come to mind........... 

I was refferring to how when he takes each of these rings, he changes costumes as well...... 

I haven't seen him do that with a Sinestro ring.... 

That's what I was asking about.... 

Like these Action figures...... 

Only I havent seen Hal in the Yellow Costume in the comics.... 

In a dream world created by Mongul II's black mercies, attached to Green Arrow and Hal, generated a reality where Hal and Sinestro were best friends, yet were fighting Parallax (who looked like Parallax hal, but Yellow), until they woke up from the dream..... 

That scene was the inspiration for later when Kyle became Parallax, and consumed Hal, his costume turned yellow......... 

But I haven't seen Hal in a Sinestro corp suit explicitly, and was inquiring if there was an issue where this did happen (pretty sure I haven't missed a GL comic since Geoffs run, but you can never be too careful).......

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kallarkz
    i didn't ready anything solo series of him with the yellow ring but i remember that in DO Superman he had a yellow ring     

ANYWAYS.... 

I want to know what will happen to Sodam!!
    Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
    FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kallarkz said:

"i didn't ready anything solo series of him with the yellow ring but i remember that in DO Superman he had a yellow ring     

ANYWAYS.... 

"

More than likely keep chillin in the sun he's stuck in.
    velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By velle37
    @FortressoftheMoon said:
    "@Kallarkz said:

"i didn't ready anything solo series of him with the yellow ring but i remember that in DO Superman he had a yellow ring     

ANYWAYS.... 

"

More than likely keep chillin in the sun he's stuck in. "

He'll eventually get brought back out, cuz he lives in the future as the last guardian............

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.