Guy Gardner comes to Green Lantern the animated series.

#1 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Green-Lanterns-New-Guy-1049797.aspx

When Cartoon Network's Green Lantern: The Animated Series returns in September, Hal Jordan is finally back on Earth, having vanquished the rage-feuled Red Lantern Corps. But producer Jim Krieg cautions the audience "not to get too comfortable with the happiness Hal is feeling in his heart, because we're just gonna mess up his life again." That begins as soon as Hal gets home and finds he's been replaced as the Green Lantern of Sector 2814 by Guy Gardner, a character well-known to comic-book fans as a tactless and hotheaded bruiser. "He's like Hal Jordan cranked to Level 10," says producer Giancarlo Volpe. "He's that much cockier, more brash and a womanizer."

Voicing the role is Diedrich Bader, star of the late, great Batman: The Brave and the Bold, who gives the character a comedic touch. "Somehow he did this thing where he made lines funny that weren't even supposed to be funny," Volpe says.

A rival ring-bearer will be the least of Hal's problems as the season progresses. He'll face a threat from the Anti-Monitor, a legendary DC Comics villain. To face this colossal enemy, Hal will need to reunite with teammates Kilowog, Aya and Razer — who aren't going to be immediately available or interested. Jokes Krieg, "Essentially it's the plot of The Blues Brothers — but there's less music."

Guy Gardner
#2 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

the haircut is wrong, guy's haircut is crap, this one is ... cool?

#3 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@clemj: :confused: I don't see a difference in the hair cut. LOL.

Green Lantern Corps #08
#4 Posted by longbowhunter (6762 posts) - - Show Bio

Diedrich Bader as Guy! Perfect! Hearing this gives me a reason to watch season 2.

#5 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter: Yeah I miss him as Batman in BATB. He just cracks me up everytime he opens his mouth.

#6 Posted by FrankenKong (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm not sure if want. I would much rather see Kyle Rayner to be honest.

#7 Posted by Agent9149 (2893 posts) - - Show Bio

HALLELUAH

#8 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@FrankenKong: Writers said that they would not be including Kyle. Only Guy and John. IIRC

#9 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12518 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh lawdy. I don't know whether to be pissed off or mad....

#10 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

I was gonna post this.

#11 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2611 posts) - - Show Bio

This is great!!! I never really cared for Hal that much, his personality just always seemed so bland to me, same with John Stewart. Guy and Kyle are two of my favorite Corps members and I like them both equally because they actually have easily definable personalities. Guy is gonna rock so hard!!!

#12 Posted by The_Tree (7209 posts) - - Show Bio

Freakin' amazing. I love me some Guy Gardner, and Diedrich Bader is perfect for the character.

#13 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting news. I enjoyed the first season and Bader is an excellent voice actor.

#14 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate that show.

And John Stewart>Hal Jordan.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.