Berserk Discussion Thread

#1 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok guys....how many people have actually read this manga? From what I hear it's pretty gruesome.....

I gotta read it :P

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio

Resonate says:

"Ok guys....how many people have actually read this manga? From what I hear it's pretty gruesome..... I gotta read it :P"

You haven't actually read it though?

#3 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to find the animes....

#4 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Resonate says:
"Ok guys....how many people have actually read this manga? From what I hear it's pretty gruesome..... I gotta read it :P"
You haven't actually read it though?"

I did just say that lol

I said "from what I hear"

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio

Resonate says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Resonate says:
You haven't actually read it though?"
I did just say that lol I said "from what I hear""

I'm asking you if your saying you didn't read it because you said from what you hear so I was assuming you haven't read any of it.At any rate,If I were you...if you don't read to many mangas because you reading comics or watching anime or whatever the case,I think you should try torrenting the anime.If you really want to get into the manga though it is far more gruesome then the anime...but that is with any manga or anime lol.

#6 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"I did just say that lol I said "from what I hear""
I'm asking you if your saying you didn't read it because you said from what you hear so I was assuming you haven't read any of it.At any rate,If I were you...if you don't read to many mangas because you reading comics or watching anime or whatever the case,I think you should try torrenting the anime.If you really want to get into the manga though it is far more gruesome then the anime...but that is with any manga or anime lol."

very true lol but nothing I can't take

I think I'll just download it or something because my parents would get a little worried if they saw me watching it

I've seen trailers and crap and it looked pretty graphic...but at the same time awesome

what's it about?

#7 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance, I know you're talking to Resonate here, but I just wanna chip in, that I can rarely get into Mangas. The whole black and white, static image thing. I mean, when I force myself, I have a lot of fun, but I have the same problem with Essential Marvels, and the thing DC has, that is basically Essential Marvel but DC. Besides, is the Anime just universally more tame then the Manga, or are you merely talking about the American version?

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"Vance, I know you're talking to Resonate here, but I just wanna chip in, that I can rarely get into Mangas. The whole black and white, static image thing. I mean, when I force myself, I have a lot of fun, but I have the same problem with Essential Marvels, and the thing DC has, that is basically Essential Marvel but DC. Besides, is the Anime just universally more tame then the Manga, or are you merely talking about the American version?"

If find that the black and white static images give the Mangas more intensity.As far as Manga to anime goes...I find even the Japanese version of most animes aren't as hardcore as Manga.Especially One Piece...geez.

#9 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"Vance, I know you're talking to Resonate here, but I just wanna chip in, that I can rarely get into Mangas. The whole black and white, static image thing. I mean, when I force myself, I have a lot of fun, but I have the same problem with Essential Marvels, and the thing DC has, that is basically Essential Marvel but DC. Besides, is the Anime just universally more tame then the Manga, or are you merely talking about the American version?"

lol I have the same problem...but then I stopped reading the crappy ones :P

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio

Resonate says:

"Vance Astro says:
"I did just say that lol I said "from what I hear""
I'm asking you if your saying you didn't read it because you said from what you hear so I was assuming you haven't read any of it.At any rate,If I were you...if you don't read to many mangas because you reading comics or watching anime or whatever the case,I think you should try torrenting the anime.If you really want to get into the manga though it is far more gruesome then the anime...but that is with any manga or anime lol."very true lol but nothing I can't take I think I'll just download it or something because my parents would get a little worried if they saw me watching it I've seen trailers and crap and it looked pretty graphic...but at the same time awesome what's it about?"

It's about a mercenary named Guts with a ridiculously huge sword you know no human can wield..He was an orphan so he was basically adopted into the mercenary lifestyle and as all Mercs do...he kills mothafukkas.

#11 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't matter at the quality of the comic, it's just the way it's presented to me, I just, like, turn off. That's not the case with other things. I lap up Concrete and other indy black and white comics, and I love any movie that's in black and white. I don't know what it is, man...

#12 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Gottheit says:
If find that the black and white static images give the Mangas more intensity.As far as Manga to anime goes...I find even the Japanese version of most animes aren't as hardcore as Manga.Especially One Piece...geez."

tell me about it...this would've been have as intense in color:

#13 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"It's about a mercenary named Guts with a ridiculously huge sword you know no human can wield..He was an orphan so he was basically adopted into the mercenary lifestyle and as all Mercs do...he kills mothafukkas."

Nice

I liked that one white haired dude from the prevews....I think his name was Griffith right?

#14 Posted by abeyance (238 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah this is a fave of mine for years. I have read the manga and saw the anime some years ago. I am going update this page and add more characters like I have been doing with Gantz. I am big fan of Seinen Manga genres. They are alot more original than some of the US comics I got tired of reading. Its nice to see the hero do unorthodox stuff everyone once and awhile. Guts or rather Gatsu is known for that on alot of occassions. I really like the one time when he sat there and killed 100 men. He killed like fifty after taking an arrow to the left hand. That is when Gatsu became a true BEAST in my eyes.

#15 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome one but pretty graphic though, in fact in part 1 Guts is molested when he is still a child

#16 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5444 posts) - - Show Bio

the manga is more violent than the anime

#17 Posted by moclab (21 posts) - - Show Bio

here is a sample of the gore found through out berserk

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.