Whos Excited For The Guardians Anniversary Issue?

#1 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33359 posts) - - Show Bio

DnA back on the book and new members joining the team in Captain Marvel and Venom

Published: April 23, 2014

Rating: Rated T

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis

Cover Artist: Nick Bradshaw

100th issue ANIVERSARY CELEBRATION! • 45 years in the making! It’s finally here!!! The 100th issue of Guardians of the Galaxy! (Okay it’s actually the 101st, but we had an X-Men crossover to get through! Sheesh!) • It’s an all-star celebration of the most popular super team of 2014 as cosmic captain Brian Michael Bendis welcomes Nick Bradshaw (WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN) to the team! • As the GOTG gets ready for new members VENOM and CAPTAIN MARVEL, there are unexpected dangers that promise to tear the team to its core. • Plus in this special double sized anniversary issue...two special back up stories by former GOTG writers Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning!

#2 Posted by JakeN7 (12309 posts) - - Show Bio

*raises hand*

#3 Posted by Darling_Luna (4127 posts) - - Show Bio

Nopes

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33359 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33359 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by OreoAssassin (4933 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I am and i loved it! I have never read a single Guardians issue, but with the movie hype and my all time favorite hero (Venom) joining the team, it was a must! I learned alot from the issue, and i thought it was flawless! My only minor concern is Venoms design. Its not bad but i wished they kept his regular Agent Venom look

#7 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33359 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin: Yea I'm not a fan of how they keep adding earth heroes on to the team but when I heard Venom and Cap Marv were being added to the team I thought the were kinda perfect and I really enjoyed Venom in this issue.

#8 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio

So where's the DnA part?

#9 Posted by MaccyD (4053 posts) - - Show Bio

Only if Cosmos is in it, he was my favourite part from the original series.

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33359 posts) - - Show Bio

@jloneblackheart: What do you mean? The last two stories were written by D and A

#11 Posted by Xwraith (18062 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought about picking it up, but I decided not to.

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33359 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Xwraith (18062 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I only wanted it for the backup stories, but after flipping through it they didn't really catch my interest.

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33359 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by GuardiansoftheGalaxymarvelfan (386 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.