Star-lord cast?

#1 Edited by Loki9876 (3040 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm this might get locked buy why not?

Deadline claims that Marvel has cast Peter Quill. The cosmic adventurer will be played by chris Pratt

in the James Gunn directed movie.

Chris played in Zero Dark Thirty. Joel edgerton and Jack Huston were also up for the role but they chose him.

So what do you think?

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/chris-pratt-getting-guardians-of-the-galaxy-lead/

#2 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see it. Not really familiar with his work, but I can see it.

#3 Posted by Loki9876 (3040 posts) - - Show Bio

I just gave away possibly the lead role in GoTG and nobody cares.

#4 Edited by judasnixon (7240 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha Ha Ha..... Fat Star Lord....... I like him in Parks and Rec, but I don't see him as Peter Quill........ 

#5 Posted by Loki9876 (3040 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: well I didn't say it it was deadline

#6 Posted by judasnixon (7240 posts) - - Show Bio
@Loki9876: I seen it on a few sites. I'm sure he'll be fine......
#7 Posted by Loki9876 (3040 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: didn't he like lose weight?

#8 Posted by Teerack (7459 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they can get Jim Carry like they wanted to.

#9 Edited by Loki9876 (3040 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack:lol no offence but no

#10 Posted by judasnixon (7240 posts) - - Show Bio
@Loki9876: He might be one of those guys who can get super buff in three months, and get fat again in two. 
@Teerack
: Oh Lord Jim Carry's suppose to be in this? 
#11 Edited by Teerack (7459 posts) - - Show Bio

@Loki9876: The only way you could not actually want Jim Carry to be Star Lord is if you haven't seen any of his serious movies. Go download Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind.

@judasnixon: Star Lord has an average build.....what do you think Jim Carry looks like? o.o

#12 Posted by judasnixon (7240 posts) - - Show Bio
@Teerack: I was thinking they were going to use Carey as an voice actor, you think he should play Star Lord?
#13 Posted by Teerack (7459 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: Yeah. I think star lord needs to be able to flip from funny to very intimidation in a second, and I can't really think of any other good actors that could match Carry's intensity.

#14 Posted by The_Tree (7989 posts) - - Show Bio

This is awesome news. I f###ing love Chris Pratt and I think he's a perfect fit for Star-Lord. I just hope that it doesn't interfere with him being on Parks and Rec, because he's my favorite character on the show.

And I don't think his weight will be much of a problem, he got absolutely ripped for Zero Dark Thirty.

#15 Posted by TDK_1997 (15118 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not familiar with Star-Lord but this guy looks a good match for him.

#16 Posted by Loki9876 (3040 posts) - - Show Bio

I quess this will be locked :( but remember I was first.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.