Official? 'Guardians of the Galaxy' to be Released in 2014

• 146 results
Posted by G-Man (32704 posts) - - Show Bio

There's been a lot of rumors to what other movie Marvel Studios will be releasing in 2014. We know Captain America 2 is set for April 2014. Marvel has had a placeholder for another movie (at one point there was one listed for May 16 and one for June 27, which may have been removed for Cap 2 in April). There's been a few contenders for who will be featured and Latino Review is saying it will definitely be Guardians of the Galaxy.

Latino Review said this was supposed to be announced at Comic-Con, will have Thanos in it and lead up to The Avengers 2 in 2015. Head on over there for more of the information they've gathered on this.

This makes sense. We have heard that domain names involving the Guardians have been purchased. The team also appeared on The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. We'll have to wait to hear what the official word from Marvel/Disney is.

Let's just hope Nova is in it, whatever it is.

Staff
#1 Posted by Sergotron (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocket Raccoon merchandise... I would buy it all.

#2 Edited by feargalr (1163 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not really sure if they're going to be able to pull this off in the movie universe... then again I said the same thing about Thor and Asgard and they rocked that so.... cool I guess.

#3 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

suck it jla movie. HA!

#4 Posted by Turkeysammich (47 posts) - - Show Bio

I would fanboy so hard at Groot

#5 Posted by zombietag (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

@feargalr said:

I'm really sure if they're going to be able to pull this off in the movie universe... then again I said the same thing about Thor and Asgard and they rocked that so.... cool I guess.

same feelings

#6 Posted by darkrider (448 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocket Raccoon got a movie and wonder woman doesn't unbelievable

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33091 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd normally be loving this but I just know Star Lord will be the bullsh!t Bendis revamped version 

#8 Posted by UltraBiel (328 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't see many people that are not comic book fans going to see this movie...seriously!

But I'm loving the idea!

#9 Posted by crowncoke (206 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think that using the Thanos Imperative works. First off, no Silver Surfer (Sony has that with the FF franchise). To push this movie, I think that the film will be HEAVY in the CGI (Avatar level at some points). I would not push it so much as a 'superhero' film but more of SciFi film. That pulls other groups to see it, and those into comics still go and see it.

#10 Posted by TheCommissar (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! YES! YES!!!

#11 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

Omg. Rocket Raccoon. This is the dream people!

#12 Posted by Overlander (485 posts) - - Show Bio

Nova? Yes, please.

Rocket Raccoon? Definitely.

Adam Warlock? No thank you.

I just worry that the current lineup will have too many green-skinned characters for movie-going fans to accept. Not that the older lineup would be especially movie-friendly.

#13 Posted by heavyone (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I am sorry, but I can't take a team serious that has Rocket Raccoon in it. The cast of the original Guardians of the Galaxy is much better choice in my opinion. And while we are on the subject of Nova. Why did they not go with Richard Rider's name in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon?

#14 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4710 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yeah.

#15 Posted by sentryman555 (765 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I'd love a Nova movie! So I hope he is in this.

#16 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

this could very well tie-in with the next avengers movie. nice

#17 Posted by HexThis (898 posts) - - Show Bio

I can already tell this will just be a CGI/3D orgy.

#18 Posted by Inverno (13197 posts) - - Show Bio

= O

#19 Posted by FinnVarra (226 posts) - - Show Bio

All I have to say is Rocket Raccoon and Groot! HECK YEAH!

#20 Edited by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

This explains why Marvel was buying up Guardians of The Galaxy domain names the other day.

I'm all for it. It'll be cool to see the Guardians on the big screen. Marvel managed to make Thor, Captain America, and The Avengers work. Marvel knows what they're doing at this point.

And Nova will probably be in it. It's no coincidence that he's been getting a lot of exposure lately (Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom, Ultimate Spider, etc).

#21 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

Never read Guardians of the Galaxy, but this has piqued my interest so I'll give it a chance. Always looking for some cool new space stuff.

#22 Posted by VioletPhoenix (300 posts) - - Show Bio

a lot of other comic films could be made in its place, is this movie that in demand?

#23 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie needs Phyla Veil. Why you might ask? Because then we'd have the first gay superhero on the big screen!

#24 Posted by the_fallen11 (636 posts) - - Show Bio

I could be into this...although my first pick would be Black Panther but..as long as Nova is in this, I'm down.

#25 Posted by Lvenger (19405 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is proven to be true, it seems that this is what called a while ago. Kudos if this rumour is proven true.

#26 Posted by Sammo21 (692 posts) - - Show Bio

Well...Feige said that if they did the GotG that it would include the team from the last incarnation, which Nova wasn't technically part of. Still, that doesn't mean they couldn't put him in there. That's a ton of new characters that viewers haven't been introduced yet in one movie...

#27 Posted by FacetiousBeard (27 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel, quite frankly, you can sod your annoyingly non-Liverpudlian Mage, narcissistic alcoholic in a technological wonder, orphan unafraid to show his fetish for nocturnal mammals, angsty teenage girls leaving school, teenage all-round loser bitten by a spider, miserable git dealing with his cancer, extraterrestrial demi-gods and his family problems and an outta time super-soldier; this, THIS is the comic-book film adaptation I want to see. Peter Quill is a fucking star

...Lord

#28 Posted by Mucklefluga (2550 posts) - - Show Bio

id rather see a guardians of the globe film tbh :P That would be AMAZING!!

#29 Posted by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as there is no Adam Warlock, I don't care, he is too confusing to put in a movie, especially a team movie. Nova on the other hand would be awesome and a good character to relate to the audience. Rocket Raccoon is going to be hard to sell to any non comic fan so I wouldn't get your hopes up for him being there.

As long as it doesn't end up like Green Lantern, I'll watch it.

#30 Posted by Illuminatus (9504 posts) - - Show Bio

Tears of joy are streaming down my face.

#31 Posted by danhimself (22498 posts) - - Show Bio

here's hoping that that Rocket Raccoon is the center of the movie

#32 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Drax and Starlord. All I ask for is that they're not FUBAR'd.

#33 Posted by TwistedGamer (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Heck yessssss! So happy about this

#34 Posted by stu (379 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

#35 Posted by FacetiousBeard (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@pspin said:

Rocket Raccoon is going to be hard to sell to any non comic fan so I wouldn't get your hopes up for him being there.

Whilst comic-book super-hero films have been doing well in the pass decade+ there hasn't yet been one that truly attests to the ridiculous levels of suspending belief comic-books can get to. Though Guardians is not the most craziest, I feel not just Rocket Racoon but the whole she-bang will be hard to sell to non-comic-book fans and that is why I am looking forward to it if it's confirmed. I am certain I will love every minute of it. And, If it is made and shifts well then Marvel/Disney will have done something truly astounding.

@Illuminatus said:

Tears of joy are streaming down my face.

Also this

@ReVamp said:

Drax and Starlord. All I ask for is that they're not FUBAR'd.

And that

#36 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

PLEASE GOD MAKE THIS WONDERFUL NEWS BE TRUE

#37 Posted by JPWolf5 (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Please god have Nova (Richard Rider)

#38 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

The same site said it was definitely going to be Black Panther a couple of weeks ago............

#39 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

The same site said it was definitely going to be Black Panther a couple of weeks ago............

This...

I can't say I'm surprised but I can say I wish it was Black Panther.

#40 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

If this is proven to be true, it seems that this is what called a while ago. Kudos if this rumour is proven true.

I calls 'em like I sees 'em. ;)

#41 Posted by TwistedGamer (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Starlord Rocket raccoon Groot Bug Mantis Maybe Vance astro And guest starring Nova! Throw in Cosmo too :p

#42 Posted by rasx (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Great day to be a Marvel fan.

#43 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

I am surprisingly excited for this. It'll be fun, hilarious and bad ass. Plus apparently they're coming back to the past, fighting Thanos and colliding with some of The Avengers and it'll lead into Avengers 2? It sounds just like a comic book story. This is the dream, people. Marvel are making comic books in movie form.

Viva la revolucion.

#44 Posted by CombatSpoon86 (832 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm down for this. I miss the G.O.G

#45 Posted by longbowhunter (7049 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring it! Marvel's cosmic stuff from a few years back was as good as comic books get. Groot all the way.

#46 Posted by Robrat93 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be a logical step, as long as there is an awesome cast of actors, and the team members are made beleivable, I don't see why it can't fit into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I'm going to guess more than likely featured will be:

Adam Warlock - a fairly prominent intergalactic Marvel character.

Nova - Could definately be popular and already has exposure in the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon.

Gamora - Cmon Warlock, Nova and Thanos - bound to have his adoptive daughter in their, plus Hollywood and their love triangles.

Moondragon - Especially if the infinity gems are going to be included, and her and Phylla's relationship ould be interesting.

Quasar - Speaking of Phylla, I'd like to see her as Quasar, however if Marvel wants it to be a franchise, I could see Wendell being the leader and getting killed by Thanos leaving the minor role of Phylla as Moondragon's girlfriend to take up the reigns in a sequel.

In my eyes a perfect cast of characters, and if they can make Rocket Raccoon believable then why not throw him in.

#47 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure people are going to take a talking Racoon and A Walking Tree all that seriously. Those seem to me to be hard sells. Still Amazing really Cosmic Marvel third largest groups after aliens and white males are animals. Seriously more animals then nonwhite males and human females but together.

Still yeah probably want to market this as Sci Fi not a Super Hero movie. CGI is going to cost as well plus need to get good actors. I would definitely go with Star Lord as Nathan Fillion

#48 Edited by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Yeah it did. Refreshing to know that a raccoon has better odds landing a Marvel Movie then a Black Male or Female though, right?

#49 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

@BlackArmor said:

Yeah it did. Refreshing to know that a raccoon has better odds landing a Marvel Movie then a Black Male or Female though, right?

sadly I expected that to be the case when the BP movie was first announced, it's good to see that not much has changed in the entertainment industry.

#50 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocket raccoon will be awesome but their going to need just the right actor for Drax. They have to be bad ass enough to still be bad ass while being bright green

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.