New Guardians of the Galaxy announced!

#1 Posted by scuzz2.0 (271 posts) - - Show Bio

What do people think of the announcement? reportedly the team will include Starlord, Groot, Rocket Raccoon, Drax, Gamora, and Iron Man, with Bendis & Mcniven.

And what do People think of the new costumes, especially starlod's? is it possible that it isnt Peter Quill?

#2 Posted by The Poet (8195 posts) - - Show Bio

figured they would have to do something what with the movie being proposed...

#3 Posted by DJ1107 (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Well people here already hate it because it has Bendis name on it. There kinda dumb that way since he did a pretty damn good Moon Knight series.

#4 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (896 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, and Bendis did a damn good Job on Moon Knight... I'm hoping this is good, and doesn't get cancelled (probably why they added Iron man, to get more people on board). It would be cool to have Adam Warlock in this team though... where is that guy anyway??

#5 Posted by Cap10nate (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope that this is good. I've always been pretty impartial to Bendis. Never get excited that he is on a book but don't boycott any book he is on either. I wasn't too thrilled with how he handled the GOTG in Avengers Assembled. It wasn't anything special.

#6 Posted by Didrik_Vell (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Dunno why all the hatred towards Bendis, Moon Knight and Ultimate S-M is the best comic i read since Rising Stars.

About the team I really hope that IS Peter Quill, and the new suit look... fresh. Dunno what I think about Iron Man joining, since he has so many other things, he need not to ruin this ASM team of "Freedom Fighters".

Sucks though that Marvel never seems to let anyone remain dead (male anyway). Death used to mean something, and I Loved that Star-Lord went out with a bang, just like he lived.

#7 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man is there to sell the book so I'm ok with that. I'll check this out.

#8 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty cool. Rocket Raccoon FTW

#9 Edited by jloneblackheart (5465 posts) - - Show Bio

How is Peter alive and why is he blond?

How is Drax alive?

What are those glowing things in Groot?

Since when does Gamora wear clothes and use a gun?

Iron Man?

#10 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (6357 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting but doubt I'll read.

#11 Posted by BlueArrow (256 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard that isn't Iron man, just someone he gave the suit to, to help make Guardians of the galaxy stronger

#12 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss Starlord's awesome mask.

#13 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

figured they would have to do something what with the movie being proposed...

This.

I am kinda curious, especially with Gamora in the line-up. I'll give it a try.

#14 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4517 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by Chaos Prime (10589 posts) - - Show Bio

Shame Yondu somehow couldnt have been included.

#16 Posted by ShirEPanjshir (583 posts) - - Show Bio

I also seriously hope that Starlord's mask comes back as well O.o

#17 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7496 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting, wonder how close this will be to what they are planning to do with the movie.

#18 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

The art is pretty, but....... Bendis.

#19 Posted by Tony_Shark (453 posts) - - Show Bio

What's with the hatred towards Bendis?

His stories are very human, and emotional. I just recently picked up Ultimate Spider-Men, and it was honestly one of the best stories I've read in a while.

I'm glad for the addition of Iron Man. It has been hinted that he is pursue of greater things.

#20 Edited by WhatJ (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the hell would you put iron man in this comic....??? Can we please have a fucking comic book with out spiderman, iron man, wolverine come on now....

Let me guess iron man gave them all armor upgrades now thats original.

#21 Posted by Zero_Shift (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Really dismayed to see Bendis is writing this. His long tenure on Avengers has convinced me of two things:

1. He can't write team books.

2. He can't write any heroes that go bigger than street level.

Bendis' Daredevil and Ultimate Spider-man runs are good. His Avengers books are garbage and as a Moon Knight fan I thought his run with that character was acute betrayal. Bottom line is Bendis tend to write what he wants, continuity be damned. Makes me wonder if he'll even bother explaining what happened after Thanos Imperative. Adding Iron Man seems like a desperate bid to get attention as if the Guardians can't sell by themselves. That interview he did with Newsarama made me more nervous if anything, especially that line about "guarding the galaxy for Earth".

#22 Posted by VictorVonDoom_1 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Not digging Star Lords outfit.. It should be the regular one. And Gamora should go be wearing practically nothing. Either way, I like this team. I'm gonna check it out.

#23 Posted by celestial_man (108 posts) - - Show Bio

is that supposed to be Starlord wow i actually thought it was the human touch for a long time,.

#24 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2100 posts) - - Show Bio

still pissed that iron man is in it

#25 Posted by DrLove (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Star-lord came back from the Cancerverse in Avengers Assemble and Drax was alive.. of course they didnt explain it...

#26 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6181 posts) - - Show Bio

Its bothering me knowing that one of the characters will probably be dying knowing that Bendis is involved.

#27 Posted by celestial_man (108 posts) - - Show Bio

this book is terrible while there is nothing too wrong with the book if you overlook half the cast being previously killed off before marvel dumped the last and vastly superior run.... the problem is this comic has no heart if the previous run was the finest wild boar lovingly roasted this comic is a soulless tin of spam

#28 Posted by SirJig (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Really dismayed to see Bendis is writing this. His long tenure on Avengers has convinced me of two things:

1. He can't write team books.

2. He can't write any heroes that go bigger than street level.

Bottom line is Bendis tend to write what he wants, continuity be damned.

Yup, He still has no idea how to write an ensemble cast.

Even his street level characterization are in question after the Moon Knight run and how he turned Spider-Man into a one-note assclown in his Avengers and event books.

Continuity be damned indeed. He even disregards his own continuity.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.