Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer

#102 Edited by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

Made my morning watching this.. especially after DC's solicitations failure to lift my spirits.

This looks like a good movie for marvel fans.

What were you most disapointed in for dc? For me, my only disapointment (and a huge one at that) is that rb silva is still drawing the 'Worlds Finest'. That guy has no business in drawing women, especially dc's two most glamourous headliners.

#103 Posted by comicbookfan93 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks so good and I liked the humour it's better humour than iron man 3 or Thor 2

#104 Posted by patrat18 (9769 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: I do have some issues with those two films and there's a list of stuff I would have done differently. But what movie doesn't? I just don't hate those movies as much as everyone else. I can sit down to watch a few hours of some awesome action scenes, good stories and some light hearted humor that always seems to cheer me up.

Sure.

#105 Posted by feedonatreefrog (225 posts) - - Show Bio

I though the DC solicitations were especially awesome....

Jae Lee back on Batman/Superman?

Batman with a badass bow?

C'mon!

#106 Edited by noj (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks seriously good. Like always I dont really like Marvels comics all that much but their movies are always a blast. Honestly cant wait for this.

#107 Posted by Transformers1024 (1918 posts) - - Show Bio

@lyrafay: We've been promised a Justice League movie for years and it still hasn't come out yet. They didn't use Nolan's Batman because of his extreme realistic approach and DC decided to just reboot the franchise after TDKR so it could fit into a Cinematic Universe. They had planned to use Green Lantern apart of the universe and look at how hard that tanked, they won't even release any other movies that aren't Batman/Supeeman because they're afraid it will crash and burn. They have to put Wonder Woman and rumors of other characters appearances just to throw their names to the general audience so they know who those characters. It's either they're terrified, extremely lazy, taking really small baby steps or a bit of everything.

#108 Posted by Transformers1024 (1918 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: ....okay..? That's kind of an odd response..

#109 Posted by patrat18 (9769 posts) - - Show Bio
#110 Posted by Transformers1024 (1918 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: Oh! I'm extremely tired and not necessarily thinking straight. So when I read "sure" I just automatically it was a snarky remark. But thank you for respecting that! It's much appreciated!!

#111 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this doesn't turn out like a comedy.

#112 Edited by GREGalicious (476 posts) - - Show Bio

I never too much cared for the Guardians but this movie looks pretty good. People need to get over this supposed "comedic tone". I lighthearted trailer means nothing since previews are always somewhat misleading. Who's to say these comedic scenes will even be in the actual film? Besides,
This tone is a far cry from the tone of the ridiculous Fantastic Four films.

#113 Posted by patrat18 (9769 posts) - - Show Bio

I never too much cared for the Guardians but this movie looks pretty good. People need to get over this supposed "comedic tone". I lighthearted trailer means nothing since previews are always somewhat misleading. Who's to say these comedic scenes will even be in the actual film? Besides,

If you've seen any of the marvel films since Ironman 1, than you know that all of their films have a comedic tone to them. This is no different.

#114 Posted by bloggerboy (575 posts) - - Show Bio

......wtf??

Are they trying to turn this into a comedy?

I mean,some parts looked great,like Star Lord in full uniform in the snow,and Rocket/Groot killing guards,but.......why does this look mostly like a comedy?

It makes sense with Rocket Raccoon and Groot in the mix. To me the trailer looked great.

#115 Posted by War Killer (20207 posts) - - Show Bio

There was plenty of action in just this trailer to tell me this will be more than just a comedy. I like that they're making the Guardians a bunch of nobodies in the movie, as that's how most moviegoers will see them, that way viewers can get to know the characters as they make themselves known within the movie.

While Captain America: TWS is the movie I'm looking most forward to, this is one that I'm hoping will amaze audiences this year as this movie will determine how Marvel chooses to move forward with some of the less Avengers-related franchises.

#116 Posted by TheBlackHood (341 posts) - - Show Bio

I really didn't want to see this movie but I like Chris Pratt so much that I may have to deal with my hatred of Rocket Raccoon and just go see it. But for the record, I am seeing the film despite the stupid talking animal.

#117 Posted by lordraiden (7130 posts) - - Show Bio

@dbatdog said:

as always, they're going for the comedy route :)

To be fair, not sure how serious it could ever be with a talking tree and racoon side by side lol

#118 Posted by ScreamingGhost (80 posts) - - Show Bio

I was sold from the get go but this was just icing on the cake.

#119 Edited by thesleuth (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like some thowback sci fi fun!

#120 Edited by timelord (713 posts) - - Show Bio

So far Marvels Phase two is falling very flat for me looking forward to Captain America 2 how ever seems to be a bit more serious than the rest.

#121 Posted by Outside_85 (9014 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeboy said:

What were you most disapointed in for dc? For me, my only disapointment (and a huge one at that) is that rb silva is still drawing the 'Worlds Finest'. That guy has no business in drawing women, especially dc's two most glamourous headliners.

For one it seems I am already going to stop reading Superboy, since Wolfman already appears to be done. Mikel Janin is no longer doing the interiors of JLD.

But the biggest flaw for me is that there is nothing new in it that really excites me. (I am not going to touch those weeklies before I get a chance to hear what others say about them).

#122 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good but really in the end trailers mean nothing, I mean the Man of Steel trailer was amazing and look how that turned out

#123 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio

Also did anybody notice that Star Lord has been charged with sex crimes? LOL "Illegall manipulation of a Gramosian Duchess"

#124 Posted by Jimosai (4 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just a teaser and its sole purpose is to give people the most basic idea of a movie that is coming out. They introduced the main protagonists well and established the silly lighthearted tone that a guardians movie should have. Mission accomplished. That being said, as much as I am looking forward to this movie, will I rush out to see it? I'll wait until we see the first proper trailer that will reveal some of the story and really set the stage properly. I'm hoping that its soon and you would think that there's a strong probability that it will make its debut in front of the Winter Soldier

#125 Posted by asjmooney (150 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get why people think people aren't going to see it because the non comic book community don't know who the characters are. That's just like saying nobody would go and see Avatar because no one knew who the Na'vi were.

I think Marvel go too far with the humour in their movies. But that's just my own opinion.

#126 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved this trailer. Though I remain skeptic to the whole comedy route. Also Peter "Jason" Quill? I thought it was just Peter. Groot look freakin amazing. And what's with the Swedish song?

#127 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7818 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't really like the look of the short trailer from yesterday but this ones has ticked a lot of the boxes for me, awesome stuff.

#128 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio

@themanintheshoe: Nope Jason has always been his middle name, after his father

#129 Posted by Xwraith (18218 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a comic book movie, people. It doesn't have to be deathly serious.

Go see Winter Soldier if that's what you want.

#130 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: But I only heard them say Jason, I thought everyone said Peter.

#131 Posted by Xwraith (18218 posts) - - Show Bio
@patrat18 said:

@gregalicious said:

If you've seen any of the marvel films since Ironman 1, than you know that all of their films have a comedic tone to them. This is no different.

Captain America didn't.

#132 Edited by Carolina574 (176 posts) - - Show Bio

PUMPED! Reminds Me ALOT of the current series (which is awesome) with all of the comedy.

#133 Posted by Fresh Prince (5148 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm liking that they're going with the comedic route since GotG really was meant to be a bit lighter than people think. I also think this'll help Marvel attract a bigger crowd since the Guardians aren't that mainstream in the first place. For sure it won't be as comedic as the trailer suggests though and I'm sure we can expect a lot of seriousness and a ton of action to come along with it. I'm excited af!

#134 Posted by PunyParker (10964 posts) - - Show Bio

Please be awesome!

#135 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio
#136 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio
#137 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio

#138 Posted by jaybake724 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Did they call Starlord J'son Quill?

#139 Posted by Rick_Grayson (779 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna have to have a read before the movie comes out. What's a good jumping on point for someone who's never read GotG before?

#140 Posted by KingWillie (145 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it goes along with their game plan. They are trying to make it appealing to the general audience rather than just the comic fan base. What better way to draw in people that know nothing about the source material than give them something to laugh at and looks packed with action. I'm sure they will give us a better trailer in another month or so. Fingers crossed though.

EXACTLY what I was gonna say. I think it looks pretty good, definitely gonna see it in theaters. I love Starlord already haha. Really makes me wanna get into them now.

#141 Posted by EvilPenguin543 (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool but I wish there was less humor. The movie needs SOME humor, but every other line doesn't need to be a wisecrack.

#142 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

am i the only one who noticed ronan?

At about 1.58 ish no your not the only one.

#143 Posted by Maddpanda531 (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so psyched for this movie! That trailer was awesome, although I wish we could've heard some of the other members of the Guardians talk...

#144 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5057 posts) - - Show Bio

Loving this

#145 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaybake724: No, they called him Peter Jason Quill, that's his name.

I'm gonna have to have a read before the movie comes out. What's a good jumping on point for someone who's never read GotG before?

Start with Dan Abnett and Andy Lannings's run Guardians of the Galaxy (Volume)

#146 Posted by knightofthechronicle (689 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks great, now I just have to convince someone to come see it with me.

#147 Posted by AlKusanagi (605 posts) - - Show Bio

WAHHHH!!! My funny book movies aren't allowed to be fun!!!!!

And I'm more than willing to bet that most of the lineup stuff we saw in the trailer isn't even going to be anywhere in the movie. It was just a quick and easy way to set up the characters.

#148 Posted by Oscars94 (2519 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetitan0: Lifting up Drax, oooohhhh that fight's gonna be good!

#149 Posted by NICKXH (248 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to this and Cap 2 the most of this year. Rocket Raccoon has never looked so good.

#150 Posted by Teerack (6331 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to be the best super hero movie ever, because it stars the BEST characters ever.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.