Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer

#51 Edited by Outside_85 (9063 posts) - - Show Bio

Made my morning watching this.. especially after DC's solicitations failure to lift my spirits.

#52 Posted by Fenderxx (412 posts) - - Show Bio

They did the smart thing and introduced the characters first. I bet next trailer will be more action and plot focused.

#53 Posted by fil123 (528 posts) - - Show Bio

@fil123 said:

so you have a badass raccoon killing people and shouting bam killed you!

talking tree who says three words

wise cracking leader

are people seriously complaining this has comedy in it? what did you expect? read the comics, theres comedy in them too. This is one of the few CBMs im fine with comedy in it

I have read every issue of the DnA series, and yes, it has humor, and it can be funny. What it does not have is derpy dude-bro humor, which this movie has. The problem is not humor, it's that Marvel keeps putting in bad humor worthy of stuff like Transformers, instead of funny timely humor like in Iron Man 1.

its a 2 minute trailer with about 3 comedic lines in it, youre going to judge it from that?

and sorry i didnt get any "derpy-bro humor" from it (guessing thats like frat boy humor, i have no idea)

this movie should have a comedic level to it, its a rag tag group of weird ass creatures and an out of place human, if they went dark id be pissed off. This is coming from a guy who usually prefers dc to marvel. but i cant wait for this movie!

#54 Edited by TheFirstLantern (1506 posts) - - Show Bio

eh. Don't like how gamora looks. Its okay. DOFP, CATWS, TASM2 had better ones.

#55 Posted by TheRyanHimself (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally. Burt Macklin: The Movie.

#56 Edited by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are people complaining about the humour? Both the DnA run and Bendis' current run have plenty of it, so I'm personally happy that they've stuck to that and cannot wait until August!! :D

#57 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6186 posts) - - Show Bio

F*cking Beast

#58 Posted by scouts1998 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

Freaking awesome

#59 Edited by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Great trailer! I liked it. Hope it becomes successful at the Box Office! My prediction of Box Office: $455+ million.

#60 Posted by ARMIV2 (8554 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so very, very, very, very pumped for this.

am i the only one who noticed ronan?

Oooooh snap, is that who that was?

#61 Edited by spacemanspiff85 (97 posts) - - Show Bio

@tony_shark:

No kidding. I remember reading a dream cast article for an X-Men movie in Wizard when I was a kid, in the mid nineties, and I thought there was no way they'd ever do an X-Men movie. So I'm still pretty shocked that we're at the point of a Guardians of the Galaxy movie. :D

#62 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5646 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. Marvel is really doing a good job in launching their characters.

Sweet.

#63 Posted by jcj145 (185 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hooked on a feeling.... That this is going to be awesome!

Here sir, have my likes

#64 Edited by viin (586 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea..stil dont like Chris Pratt. The few parts with Groot and Rocket looked pretty good...Im sure alot of the action scenes will be really cool. I want to see more of Drax. John C. Reily is a bit to much though..everybody that sees his face thinks stepbrothers so it makes it kinda hard to look at this as a comic book movie.

I dont know alot about Guardians of the Galaxy so Im going into it with an open mind which i believe is good..it seems like a corner of the marvel universe I can really like so I would like to read some of the classic and popular stories if anybody can recommend any.

#65 Edited by Overlander (522 posts) - - Show Bio

Hooked on a feeling!

#66 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

SO AMAZING

#67 Posted by RageEx2 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the hell is everyone upset about this being comedic? The Guardians of the Galaxy have always tended to lean that way....

#68 Edited by VanderSEXXX (747 posts) - - Show Bio

am i the only one who noticed ronan?

You're not alone. But he's the main antagonist here?

#69 Posted by nappystr8 (1108 posts) - - Show Bio

I've really been looking forward to this movie a lot from the beginning, but now, seeing it all in action...it's been a long time since I've been this excited for a comic book movie. I'm not even big on GOTG, but this trailer has the fresh untested waters feeling that the first Iron Man film did back in '08. James Gunn rarely dissapoints, and Pratt as Star Lord is starting to grow on me. The only minor complaints I would have are that Drax still doesn't look right, and that John C. Riley's performance is underwhelming. So minor when you look at all the things they did right.

#70 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio
#71 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17639 posts) - - Show Bio

......wtf??

Are they trying to turn this into a comedy?

I mean,some parts looked great,like Star Lord in full uniform in the snow,and Rocket/Groot killing guards,but.......why does this look mostly like a comedy?

I kind of got this impression too :/

#72 Posted by ccraft (5282 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no clue who these guys are, but the trailer helped with that, made the characters interesting. I'll be seeing this movie. Even though I prefer a gritty/darker tone for a movie, the humor in the trailer was pretty good, and it sounds like it's pretty similar to the comics.

#73 Posted by MasterBelmont (363 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! Been waiting for this trailer for a while, and the movie looks great. I hope it ends up being awesome.

#74 Edited by lifeofvibe (3490 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice I'm sorta interested now

#75 Posted by laabitres (415 posts) - - Show Bio

looks dope and it looks like itll be fun to watch also nova corps xD

#76 Posted by Cloakx14 (3156 posts) - - Show Bio

i think looks cool.

#77 Edited by MasterBelmont (363 posts) - - Show Bio

@inkink: This. Just. . . .THIS. I'm so sick of everything having to be all dark and gritty and people saying things suck and are "kiddie stuff" just because they aren't all doom and gloom. Dark and gritty doesn't mean MATURE, and it's sad people fail to realize that.

#78 Posted by Protoflash (132 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm guessing that they have only edited the scenes with comedy in it, and haven't gotten done with the action stuff or haven't put in any voiceover for rocket raccoon or groot, so we can't see much cool action stuff just yet. God this movie looks good though.

#79 Posted by CookieVonDoom (32 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy both DnA and the current run (even though the current one has been hit and miss), and after that trailer I'm psyched!

About Rhomann Dey: Anyone else thinks he's going to die and make way for Rick, and that Marvel will bring him back in the comics around the time a potential movie version shows up? And no, I'm not one of those fans that complain that Rick is replaced by a kid and seemingly dead, I'm just curious is all. Granted, I'm not sure how much Rhomann is going to be in the GotG movie, all I'm saying is it's a possibility.

#80 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21880 posts) - - Show Bio
#81 Posted by BlueLanternBeast (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm much different than I expected. Tone feels a bit off but I'm still looking forward to it.

#82 Posted by patrat18 (9794 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

......wtf??

I mean,some parts looked great,like Star Lord in full uniform in the snow,and Rocket/Groot killing guards,but.......why does this look mostly like a comedy?

Trying?? It is a comedy.

#83 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17639 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@cameron83 said:

......wtf??

Trying?? It is a comedy.

least we got Cap.

from the trailers at least, it looks way more balanced between light/funny and serious.

#84 Edited by bunkerbuster05 (306 posts) - - Show Bio

As a huge, huge, huge fan of not only Guardians, but of the director/writer James Gunn, I have 150% faith in this.

Fuck man, I still can't believe this is real. Am I dreaming? I can't believe my dreams are coming true.

Guys, its the first trailer. CGI isn't done, and this is ALL CGI. Second trailer will beef up the action.

#85 Posted by VanderSEXXX (747 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy both DnA and the current run (even though the current one has been hit and miss), and after that trailer I'm psyched!

About Rhomann Dey: Anyone else thinks he's going to die and make way for Rick, and that Marvel will bring him back in the comics around the time a potential movie version shows up? And no, I'm not one of those fans that complain that Rick is replaced by a kid and seemingly dead, I'm just curious is all. Granted, I'm not sure how much Rhomann is going to be in the GotG movie, all I'm saying is it's a possibility.

Quite possibly yes! since I am also assuming the ones screening them are the Nova corps based on the three lights I see on their chests. But BOOOOOOO!!!! Why is Gamora wearing too much clothes?

Bring back this costume, I don't want her wearing pants! j/k PEACE!!! hahahahahahahaha

#86 Posted by patrat18 (9794 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@cameron83 said:

......wtf??

Trying?? It is a comedy.

least we got Cap.

from the trailers at least, it looks way more balanced between light/funny and serious.

That's what i thought about Thor 2, look how that turned out.

#87 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17639 posts) - - Show Bio
#88 Posted by patrat18 (9794 posts) - - Show Bio
#89 Posted by ComicStooge (12902 posts) - - Show Bio

This is now the movie I'm looking forward to most in terms of Marvel.

#90 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17639 posts) - - Show Bio
#91 Posted by Transformers1024 (1955 posts) - - Show Bio

DC can't even do a Green Lantern -or a Justice League- film to work out. But somehow James Gunn managed to put an alien tree and a smart mouthed raccoon in a huge blockbuster like this and made it WORK! That is quite the accomplishment!!

I really enjoyed how he took advantage to use the first trailer to introduce the team members, telling who they are and why they got arrested. That is a perfect way to get the mainstream audiences to know the team in a fun and humorous way. I do hope the second trailer shows a bit more of a serious tone so it doesn't seem like a complete comedy.

I still haven't been disappointed by a Marvel studios yet and it looks like it's going to stay that way! (And yes I did enjoy IM2 and IM3)

#92 Posted by patrat18 (9794 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

See for yourself. Only one comedic moment at the end,yet the entire movie was a comedy.

....but cap :(

and ed!

I have hopes for it too man, but i won't hold my breath. I'm looking forward to Spiderman and Xmen because Marvel studios is not making them, and i like Spidey.

#93 Posted by patrat18 (9794 posts) - - Show Bio

DC can't even do a Green Lantern -or a Justice League- film to work out. But somehow James Gunn managed to put an alien tree and a smart mouthed raccoon in a huge blockbuster like this and made it WORK! That is quite the accomplishment!!

I really enjoyed how he took advantage to use the first trailer to introduce the team members, telling who they are and why they got arrested. That is a perfect way to get the mainstream audiences to know the team in a fun and humorous way. I do hope the second trailer shows a bit more of a serious tone so it doesn't seem like a complete comedy.

I still haven't been disappointed by a Marvel studios yet and it looks like it's going to stay that way! (And yes I did enjoy IM2 and IM3)

Nuff said.

#94 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

Epic! Looks great.

#95 Posted by TommytheHitman (3204 posts) - - Show Bio
#96 Edited by feedonatreefrog (225 posts) - - Show Bio

Disappointed. 6/10.

Bits and pieces look awesome, but overall it seems a little....flat?

It was a good idea to introduce the characters, but they didn't 'show' why you should like them. They merely told you.

The dialogue, acting, and action didn't have as much 'punch' or attitude as I'd expect, and at the same time there's not much of a sense of 'awe'.

The set-design, costume-design, lighting, and cinematography look a bit like TV.

However, I realllly like the design & art-direction of the ship flying in the clouds. Hopefully there's more of that.

#98 Posted by Cybexx (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks fun, looks like James Gunn was given a lot of freedom. Keep in mind this trailer was made to air on Jimmy Kimmel, there will be more plot focused trailers with a bit more serious tone to come.

Karen Gillan is nearly unrecognizable as Nebula.

#99 Posted by Transformers1024 (1955 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: I do have some issues with those two films and there's a list of stuff I would have done differently. But what movie doesn't? I just don't hate those movies as much as everyone else. I can sit down to watch a few hours of some awesome action scenes, good stories and some light hearted humor that always seems to cheer me up.

#100 Posted by LyraFay (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

DC can't even do a Green Lantern -or a Justice League- film to work out.

Warners haven't even made a Justice League movie yet, how would you know that?!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.