Guardians Of The Galaxy Movie Announced And Concept Art

#1 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Uno_Oscuro (743 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME(I sung that word in my opera voice as I typed it). I like the look of the characters, especially Star-Lord. I am more pumped for this movie than any other comic movie announced so far.

#3 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to be awesome!!!!!.......

#4 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

Give me Nova and Warlock and I'll go down on my knees for this film.

#5 Posted by JediXMan (30706 posts) - - Show Bio

... are they tying this into Avengers 2? A... are they...?

.... O_O

YESSSSSS!!!!

#6 Posted by mtrakos (563 posts) - - Show Bio

ALL CGI?

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33620 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man I hope they keep that design for Star Lord, I was convinced they'd go for the crappy Bendis redesign 

#8 Posted by Loki9876 (3051 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep these designs they're awesome (if you're watching marvel).

Do you think employers of marvel and dc are watching these boards for research.

#9 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks awesome

@Loki9876: Either they don't read these boards or they just don't care.

#10 Posted by Loki9876 (3051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duke_Nasty: I don't know man, winter soldier in CA 2 that's exactley what fans were hoping for.

#11 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

@Loki9876: Yea the Movie teams might watch the boards.

#12 Posted by FearTheLiving (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

I should probably read up on GotG not to familiar with them, either way I'm seeing it.

#13 Posted by Faramir82 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@FearTheLiving said:

I should probably read up on GotG not to familiar with them, either way I'm seeing it.

Same here the team has interested me and I love the idea of Rocket Raccoon.

#14 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@Illuminatus said:
#15 Posted by IrishX (2395 posts) - - Show Bio
Love the concept art. 

@Loki9876 said:

Do you think employers of marvel and dc are watching these boards for research.

I've spoken to Stephen Segovia (who's doing the art on the upcoming X-treme X-Men title) and he told me that he has used ComicVine for references so I think it's very possible other creators use the site for various purposes as well.
#16 Posted by Lvenger (20238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

There's a slim chance that Nova will be in this film. It would be too difficult to fit in and appeal to all the fans. Warlock's more of a possibility but if he were in the film, he'd be in the concept art. Which looks very interesting.

#17 Posted by Loki9876 (3051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: oh cool, thanks for the info.

#18 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

So excited!!!! I hope this ain't another Green Lantern or John Carter.

#19 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

@mtrakos said:

ALL CGI?

Well obviously its going to need a ton.

#20 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madame_Mist said:

So excited!!!! I hope this ain't another Green Lantern or John Carter.

Agreed, but I have faith in Marvel Studios.. and I don't think John Carter was executed poorly, the advertisement on the other hand was horrible. Some reason the ad people at Disney thought John Carter would draw more people in then John Carter of Mars. The reasoning they didn't title it Warlord of Mars, is because they were hoping for a trilogy and didn't want to spoil the ending.

#21 Edited by ThatThorFan (951 posts) - - Show Bio

Ties in with the whole Thanos ending in Avengers... EXCITED!

Im really liking the concept art. Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, and Gamora (from what I can see) look great! I feel like Drax is lacking on muscle but he still looks beast. Groot, well you cant do much to an extraterrestrial plant monster who dies and regrows from a twig. Just voicing my opinion.

You know one of them are going to die.... Drax. Im calling it. CALLING IT! Its always the badass that goes. Groot better not go though.

Overall, I am enjoying this. Guardians of the Galaxy isn't well known but the characters make people want to learn more about them. Ive always been a fan of them! They finally have their own film! Definitely going to see this at midnight. :p

#22 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm probably more excited for this than any other Marvel film at the moment, bring on 2014

#23 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

i'll see it. iron man 3, captain america the winter soldier & thor dark world. i don't about ant-man yet.

#24 Posted by War Killer (20251 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome, glad Marvel's branching out more.

#25 Posted by ThatThorFan (951 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

I'm probably more excited for this than any other Marvel film at the moment, bring on 2014

#26 Posted by TheAntiReVamp (389 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if thanos is going to be in this film.

#27 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

Bug needs to be added to the line up.. then we'll have a micronauts movie.. sorta.

#28 Posted by Greendevil (2046 posts) - - Show Bio

ok so first of all

secondly, this team lacks power. Drax and Gamora are great, but the team needs Adam Warlock or Nova. They will probably have Adam as Nova should get his own movie (imo) If not Adam then who? Moondragon? Phylla?

I have no doubt in my mind that this movie will be a massive WIN and no Green Lantern mistakes. Marvel has done a fantastic job with the Avengers and will blow everybody away with this one. Cant wait!

#29 Edited by poisonfleur (3048 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone please Identify all the characters. I only know Rocket Raccoon from MvC.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.