Guardians of the Galaxy Inquary

#1 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

So high there! I've heard lots of cool things about this series. I've heard that it's "like Star Wars for Marvel" and that it is really fun to read. Well I have several questions. First off, if I've never read a single Cosmic-Marvel story before, would it be easy for me to just pick up the first TPB and figure out the story? Second of all, is it really like Star Wars? Third of all, is the series really that good and if so, what makes it so good?

#2 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoy it and thats all that i can leave you with at the mom because its 2 am over here xD ill write it tomorrow

#3 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

That... doesn't help answer my questions

#4 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio

So fair I've really enjoyed reading Guardians.. although right now you might want to get a few back issues so you know what's going on. I don't know if I would compare it to Star Wars, but the writing is good and so is the art so all around I would give it a solid A.

#5 Posted by Night Thrasher (3603 posts) - - Show Bio

Guardians is great! It's one of my favorite books right now. To answer your question though, you might want to pick up the annihilation and annihilation: conquest trades to get the story from the beginning. Be careful though, because you might end up adding Nova to your pull list as well.

#6 Posted by John_Feaster (341 posts) - - Show Bio

Guardians is a wonderful read so far, but you can never tell when a books going to go south on you these days. Right now, it's still going strong and the cosmic encounters seem fresh and inventive, while at the same time not changing too much of what came before. I should point out that - except for Vance Astro - these people aren't the original GotG.

#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91117 posts) - - Show Bio

What Makes Guardians of the Galaxy so good?

1.The team is well assembled,well balanced.Even Rocket Raccoon who is the smallest character and has the least powers can hold his own against cosmics.
2.They are like the Avengers of Space.They have Avengers qualities but they battle a different type of villain.
3.The fight scenes.GotG have some of the best battles I have ever seen in comics.
Moderator Online
#8 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, l've heard lots of good reviews for Annihilation and Annihilation Conquest.

#9 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

you should try reading Annihilation first and then Conquest just to understand more but you can do what i did and picked up Annihilation, skipped Conquest and pick up Guardians from there, overall the story is real good and slightly better than Nova.

#10 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@dreadmaster said:
" you should try reading Annihilation first and then Conquest just to understand more but you can do what i did and picked up Annihilation, skipped Conquest and pick up Guardians from there, overall the story is real good and slightly better than Nova. "
Annihilation and Conquest were some of the best stuff from Marvel!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.