Follow

Guardians of the Galaxy

Team » Guardians of the Galaxy appears in 1116 issues.

The first published Guardians of the Galaxy was a team of freedom fighters in the 31st century. The name was later used for the team Star-Lord formed to deal with galactic-level threats in present day. The present day team's name was influenced by a member of the 31st century team who had time traveled to the present.

Guardians of the Galaxy fan cast thing... because why not.

BritishMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BritishMonkey

So the film is coming out in two years time and I can't help but wonder who will play who?

So I feel like sharing who I think could play as Star Lord, Rocket Racoon, Drax, Gamora and Groot.

First off, Star Lord played by Timothy Olyphant.

No Caption Provided

I think he'll play him pretty well enough and because Star Lord is practically the leader of the team I think Timothy can do a role like that easily enough.

For Rocket Racoon he will obviously be done with CGI But for the voice, why not go for the actor who did him in Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and Avengers: EMH Gregg Willis? Pretty much stuck now I'd say.

Or, perhaps maybe even Andy Serkis? Has a history of portraying motion capture characters like Gollum and King Kong. Plus he could do the voice of him quite well, so let's give hima go.

No Caption Provided

Kinda looks like him too...

Moving on to Drax the Destroyer, Vin Diesel.

No Caption Provided

... Do I really have to explain why? The look, how Vin Diesel acts, how he is in Riddick I think says enough.

Now Gamora I think by Gina Carano.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I don't know too much about Gina, but what I know of she does act and she's also a very good MMA fighter. So I think that sums up enough that she's more than fit enough to play the galaxy's deadliest woman. I'd like to see what she can do.

Next is Groot and I think he should be voiced by Peter Cullen as Groot will more than likely be CGI'd

No Caption Provided

That would work nicely.

I don't know if anyone would agree with who I have in mind, but what do you guys think? Who do you think could play as who?

And for the hell of it, if it is a possibility Nova is in it too somehow I'd have Jensen Ackles play him. I think he could succeed.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    sunhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By sunhawk

Nathan Fillion for Star Lord or GTFO

BritishMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By BritishMonkey

@sunhawk said:

Nathan Fillion for Star Lord or GTFO

Unfortunately he says he won't do that or take part in anything like it because it doesn't interest him, plus he's busy with Castle.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.