GOG Plot Revealed :DDD!!!!!!

Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7722 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/16/plot-of-guardians-of-the-galaxy-movie-revealed-by-logline/

A very brief but interesting plot description for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy movie has appeared as a log line on numerous film industry tracking boards, including The Wrap’s It’s On The Grid database.

Here it is:

About a U.S. pilot who ends up in space in the middle of a universal conflict and goes on the run with futuristic ex-cons who have something everyone wants.

The word ‘about’ at the top there sits a little awkwardly but the logline seems pretty legit overall and definitely meshes with the comics’ material, at least as well as I know.

Looking back through some old issues of Production Weekly I see they published this very description as early as August 3rd.

Now, the details in this logline would make Vance Astrovik, aka Vance Astro aka Major Victory, the protagonist of the story, by my reckoning.

Not really a surprise that Feige and co. would be looking for a human way in to the Guardians world but it is a little odd, perhaps, that Marvel are doing something that, on paper at least, brings to mind the Green Lantern movie.

So… any guesses what the Maguffin is going to be? What is it that the Guardians will have? And who will be coming after it?

;D Thoughts?

#1 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read a GOTG book, but this does get me excited

#2 Edited by danhimself (22268 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCheeseStabber: I don't think it's going to be Vance...they've shown concept art of the team and it's the Annihilation team so my guess is that they're referring to Starlord

#3 Posted by fodigg (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

Was Starlord a pilot? Makes me think Corsair but that would be ridiculous.

#4 Posted by danhimself (22268 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

Was Starlord a pilot? Makes me think Corsair but that would be ridiculous.

he was an astronaut

#5 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

O_o

come on, it's not like the movie is going to adapt the comics 100%...

#6 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Hmmm....
#7 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7722 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said:

Hmmm....

Mhmmmmm

#8 Posted by fodigg (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Oh okay. Well that wouldn't be a huge shift considering.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.