Follow

Guardians of the Galaxy

Team » Guardians of the Galaxy appears in 1116 issues.

The first published Guardians of the Galaxy was a team of freedom fighters in the 31st century. The name was later used for the team Star-Lord formed to deal with galactic-level threats in present day. The present day team's name was influenced by a member of the 31st century team who had time traveled to the present.

First Promo for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Animated Series Hits the Net

• 56 results
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The first promo for the upcoming DisneyXD animated series, Guardians of the Galaxy is here! It may be quick, but IGN had a quick, 15 second look at the new show, which hits DisneyXD on September 26, so take a look at least what you can expect.

Guardians of the Galaxy comes to DisneyXD on September 26.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Hm that's not really like the clip they showed before.

John-PH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This don't good look so far

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocket sounds annoying

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

I wrote a blog about this too but most people think the TV show is going to be mediocre. It can't be as bad as the new Avengers show or Ultimate Spider-Man. Both of those shows suck.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Doc-Holiday

I wrote a blog about this too but most people think the TV show is going to be mediocre. It can't be as bad as the new Avengers show or Ultimate Spider-Man. Both of those shows suck.

Thank you, I don't know why those shows stay on for so long, I suppose kids don't care because they don't know how much the shows suck. I tried to like Ultimate Spider-man but they made him too sarcastic, trying to break the 4th wall and basically making him like Deadpool and just in the first episode and the character design is awful, everyone has weird toe shaped heads.

Avengers and Hulks agents of smash are no better. I miss the Spectacular Spiderman, that showed teenage Spiderman, kept many of his enemies origins the same, it did a lot of things right.

Now all we get is crap like Justice League Gods and Monsters where Harley Quinn has gone to the point where she is literally only wearing red/black underwear...come on! Really?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Gonna pass. I really don't like Marvel's current cartoon line up. Very child centric.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cool

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus why

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Let's blow stuff up"

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocket's voice is awful.

gunswordfist_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll wait and see more until I pass judgment.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@ravenvice01 said:

Thank you, I don't know why those shows stay on for so long, I suppose kids don't care because they don't know how much the shows suck. I tried to like Ultimate Spider-man but they made him too sarcastic, trying to break the 4th wall and basically making him like Deadpool and just in the first episode and the character design is awful, everyone has weird toe shaped heads.

Avengers and Hulks agents of smash are no better. I miss the Spectacular Spiderman, that showed teenage Spiderman, kept many of his enemies origins the same, it did a lot of things right.

Now all we get is crap like Justice League Gods and Monsters where Harley Quinn has gone to the point where she is literally only wearing red/black underwear...come on! Really?

I don't know how old anyone here is but I think the issue you're having is that you may have outgrown kids cartoons in general. You really can't expect a show made for kids to be some kind of masterpiece. Think about how many cartoons come out, they don't all have stellar creative teams. And even if they do they'll have producers breathing down their necks to make it more silly and slapstick, don't show people getting hurt, add some funny catchphrases, and all the other stereotypical stuff that most young kids do in fact enjoy.

It's so incredibly rare that everything lines up juuuuust right so that kids and adults can enjoy it. So the expectation should be that it's just another silly kids show, and then if you like it you get to be pleasantly surprised instead of let down every time it's just meh.

Also, I'm hopeful that JL Gods and Monsters will be good despite their design for Harley. Bruce Timm hasn't had too many misses that I can think of.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: Granted, it's always been terrible when it comes to animated shows and video games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@ostyo: I liked his voice in MVC3. I actually read his word bubbles in that voice until the movie came out.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Cool

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000: That extremely wrong, since one : alot of kids didn't like this show, two : "kids show" need more attention then average because is amed for kids and three: is not because is for child that excuse lazzy product like the actual marvel show.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Cream_God

I liked MvC3 & EMHs Rockets voice soooooooooooooo much...

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@xwraith: That was the same voice he had in EMH.....they all had better voices back then....with a few exceptions.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gross.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mfundroid

For every awesome Marvel Cinematic Universe film, there's this...

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ramior

@mfundroid: That why I don't wacht marvel movie anymore.

Drmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pass

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By donmeca2020

@docholiday said:
    @ravenvice01 said:

i actually get up early to sometimes watch that spider-man,avengers, and hulk agents of smash. while they really are not that enjoyable i guess it's all Marvel has now. The GOTG cartoon doesn't look bad, we all have to remember these shows are aimed at kids.

as far as DC goes, they are killing Marvel with all of their animated films even if some of them are so-so. alot of them are aimed at adult collectors as opposed to kids with spagetti-os on their t shirts.

you want to to talk about good marvel cartoons ? let's talk 90s X-men, spider-man and hulk.. i literally just finished watching the hulk and im currently working on season 2 of the X-men. boy do those bring back good memories and the stories and animated were like the comics, not this brainless kiddy babble crap...

Avatar image for heavyhittersunited
    HeavyHittersUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll give it a chance, I genuinely enjoy Avengers Assemble (Even though it's nothing more than a marketing ploy to promote characters in the MCU) although not nearly as much as EMH (I prefer AA's animation though) it's far better than that Agents of S.M.A.S.H. garbage (I'd rather watch the 2003 Hulk) and the Ultimate Spider-Kiddy perversion of my all time favorite comic book character. I'm sad they won't just make a Spider-Man series with a seasoned adult Spidey or take a lesson from DC and adapt badass story arcs into (mostly) true to the story animated movies.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000 said:
    @docholiday said:
    @ravenvice01 said:

I don't know how old anyone here is but I think the issue you're having is that you may have outgrown kids cartoons in general. You really can't expect a show made for kids to be some kind of masterpiece. Think about how many cartoons come out, they don't all have stellar creative teams. And even if they do they'll have producers breathing down their necks to make it more silly and slapstick, don't show people getting hurt, add some funny catchphrases, and all the other stereotypical stuff that most young kids do in fact enjoy.

It's so incredibly rare that everything lines up juuuuust right so that kids and adults can enjoy it. So the expectation should be that it's just another silly kids show, and then if you like it you get to be pleasantly surprised instead of let down every time it's just meh.

Also, I'm hopeful that JL Gods and Monsters will be good despite their design for Harley. Bruce Timm hasn't had too many misses that I can think of.

No, I haven't out grown them, I am just far more picky; often looking for shows that can be enjoyed by both kids and adults, like Gravity Falls, Steven Universe and the like. I used to enjoy Young Justice but then they took that off the air :P and that was recently

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docholiday said:
    @ravenvice01 said:

i actually get up early to sometimes watch that spider-man,avengers, and hulk agents of smash. while they really are not that enjoyable i guess it's all Marvel has now. The GOTG cartoon doesn't look bad, we all have to remember these shows are aimed at kids.

as far as DC goes, they are killing Marvel with all of their animated films even if some of them are so-so. alot of them are aimed at adult collectors as opposed to kids with spagetti-os on their t shirts.

you want to to talk about good marvel cartoons ? let's talk 90s X-men, spider-man and hulk.. i literally just finished watching the hulk and im currently working on season 2 of the X-men. boy do those bring back good memories and the stories and animated were like the comics, not this brainless kiddy babble crap...

Yep but they are able to bridge the gap, shows like Spectacular Spiderman and Young Justice were able to but they probably werent selling enough toys so they got their funding cut.

You are right, DC may not be leading in the movies (at least not in quantity) but they are producing numerous animated films and more tv shows.

It is almost like they divided up territory :P DC has taken pretty good control over television, Flash, Arrow, Supergirl is set to come out soon, DC Legends of Tomorrow and they produce animated movies like Assault on Arkham. Marvel has the theaters, Ant-man, Avengers, etc and animated tv shows for kids. It's not like the two don't try, Agents of SHIELD, Suicide Squad but it's almost as if they are perfect for one field but not as perfect for another.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
    deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramior: You stopped watching live action Marvel films because the cartoons are bad?

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mangakid1995: Because the money they get to the movie finance this orrendous cartoon.

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

So the show is gonna premier this September and yet Disney XD has not released a full 3 minute trailer to amp up the show ? Why ? I forgot this was even being made and it looks about as good as all the other shows Marvel Animation is releasing with a Rocket voice I don't like.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

nah

~MiB

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020 said:
    @docholiday said:
    @ravenvice01 said:

Yep but they are able to bridge the gap, shows like Spectacular Spiderman and Young Justice were able to but they probably werent selling enough toys so they got their funding cut.

You are right, DC may not be leading in the movies (at least not in quantity) but they are producing numerous animated films and more tv shows.

It is almost like they divided up territory :P DC has taken pretty good control over television, Flash, Arrow, Supergirl is set to come out soon, DC Legends of Tomorrow and they produce animated movies like Assault on Arkham. Marvel has the theaters, Ant-man, Avengers, etc and animated tv shows for kids. It's not like the two don't try, Agents of SHIELD, Suicide Squad but it's almost as if they are perfect for one field but not as perfect for another.

I personally think DC's animated movies are bad ass !!! their live action films are pretty good not mind blowing, their tv live action tv shows are decent.... Marvel's movies are great, their cartoons are so so, nothing more for the adult crowd... their agents of sheild, peggy carter aren't even worth watching IMO Daredevil is the only worth while show.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docholiday said:
    @donmeca2020 said:
    @docholiday said:
    @ravenvice01 said:

I personally think DC's animated movies are bad ass !!! their live action films are pretty good not mind blowing, their tv live action tv shows are decent.... Marvel's movies are great, their cartoons are so so, nothing more for the adult crowd... their agents of sheild, peggy carter aren't even worth watching IMO Daredevil is the only worth while show.

Well at least Flash and Arrow take more directly from source material where as Agents of SHIELD basically can make up stuff as they like and only make use of some of the movie source material, which basically means the entire show doesn't really matter. I also agree with about Daredevil, direct from source material, great acting but that technically takes part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I loved Crisis on Two Worlds, Assault on Arkham, Superman/Shazam vs Black Adam mini movie and basically any of the Batman animated movies.

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel animation should think about its adult fans

All the last shows are boring and only for children

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are mainly meant for kids, but I agree. I want more marvel animated adult shows.

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000 said:

@docholiday said:
    @ravenvice01 said:

It's more of the fact that they decided to cancel two shows that appealed to kids AND adults (Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes) and replaced them with shows that didn't Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers: Assemble).

I'd rather see a show about the Guardians who appeared in Avengers: EMH than the ones in this promo. And that's not just blind fan hate, I actually liked the Guardians in EMH a lot and really liked the idea of Rocket having an australian accent. So much so, I had to get used to Bradley Cooper's voice in GotG because he sounded American.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Willie, I love you as a voice actor, your voice is what I use for like 75% of comic book characters who are voiceless...but you are NOT Star-Lord...that was just terrible.

@jorgeareizaga said:

They are mainly meant for kids, but I agree. I want more marvel animated adult shows.

No Caption Provided

Well, Marvel did give us this last year and it was complete horse shit. So maybe Adult oriented animated shows/movies just isn't their thing.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000 said:

@docholiday said:
    @ravenvice01 said:

It's more of the fact that they decided to cancel two shows that appealed to kids AND adults (Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes) and replaced them with shows that didn't Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers: Assemble).

I'd rather see a show about the Guardians who appeared in Avengers: EMH than the ones in this promo. And that's not just blind fan hate, I actually liked the Guardians in EMH a lot and really liked the idea of Rocket having an australian accent. So much so, I had to get used to Bradley Cooper's voice in GotG because he sounded American.

It's all about merchandise sales, doing Avengers and GotG means selling dozens of different characters, one at a time to children. Adults wont buy toys (or if they do they want specialized collectibles). Unfortunately, too often, merchandising rights determine everything.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocket's voice is butt

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

right, because all Marvel's other cartoons now have set the bar SO high

Loading Video...
    comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

t209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By t209

So still is it Corps of Superman Nova Corps, or generic space coprs Nova Corps from MCU?

I read the tie-in comic and they also made Gamora into some "pacifist" (like poor man's Kenshin, but I'm more familiar with cartoonish anime series than manga.) instead of psychopathic assassin (well, I don't know but Abnett's version was abit "morally scrupulous" and slept with Richard Rider). Not to mention that it will not be "Dad slept with my mom and ditched her" but MCU's "unintentional homage to Spiderman: Reign since mom got cancer after being impregnated by energy being".

To be fair, I actually have guilty pleasure of seeing Ultimate Spiderman. Not something I prefer but something like some I saw while channel flipping. However, they adapted One More Day in first episode (Peter Parker and Mary Jane broke up after kissing and called it a "mistake" and not having Mayday Parker as Spidergirl).

For EMH version, that's called Abnett's version the one where Starlord and Nova went into cancerverse to lock Thanos until the movie came out and the former got back.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000 said:

You really can't expect a show made for kids to be some kind of masterpiece.

Yes we can.
    There are plenty of good shows made for kids.
    Ultimate Spider-Man is enjoyed by kids as it actually isn't bad, but Avengers especially talks down to its audience.

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhood13 said:

@d9000 said:

@docholiday said:
    @ravenvice01 said:

It's all about merchandise sales, doing Avengers and GotG means selling dozens of different characters, one at a time to children. Adults wont buy toys (or if they do they want specialized collectibles). Unfortunately, too often, merchandising rights determine everything.

Making it to sell toys doesn't mean it has to be bad. I think parents would be more likely to buy their kids toy's for shows that they cane enjoy (or at least tolerate) watching with their kids than buy them for shows they hate.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhood13: You may be right but remember that big corporations don't care, their bottom line is what they care about. Usually the same corporations who made the original Transformers, GI Joe and My Little Pony literally just to sell us toys when we were kids.

The same is true for movies now too, merchandising and sequels, some movies wont even be made if they can't guarantee sequels or spin-offs anymore. Video games too, companies are more concerned with making tons of cash than worrying about how families or even the people who use/view their products feel.

It's a sad fact, it even extends to comics. It's part of why Marvel has been doing such a drastic overhaul to make more female characters that people will read/buy the comics of, Gwen Stacy getting her own run, the new Ms.Marvel (which is very good), the new Blade series is set to have a lead female protagonist. It isn't that Marvel actually cares about it's female fans/readers but rather just wants to pander to them to increase sales.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By sinikettu
    @matkrenz said:

So the show is gonna premier this September and yet Disney XD has not released a full 3 minute trailer to amp up the show ? Why ? I forgot this was even being made and it looks about as good as all the other shows Marvel Animation is releasing with a Rocket voice I don't like.

Well they have; but due to some licensing issues(or something) thye were legally available only in South Korea where the local network showed those origin story clips. 5 two-part 20 minutes arches each. They were on Youtube for months and can still be found if you actually -you know care to make the effort of Google them out.

These same episodes are planned to be released on Disney XD at August.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheLurker

This trailer is... meh. But I'll give it a shot. If it's no better than the other Marvel shows I'll pass though. Trying not to lower my standards for watchable cartoons too much.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramior: Well it doesn't come out until September so I'm not sure if anyone knows whether they like this show or not and I wasn't trying to excuse lazy production teams, maybe just explain it.

@docholiday: Maybe I phrased that poorly, I didn't mean you can't like cartoons for kids. I loved EMH and Young Justice. It's just that as I got older I began to realize that the people creating these shows are not created equal. Some are great but most are weak. And considering the difficultly of appealing to adults and kids PLUS the need to create additional revenue streams through toys all that just makes it even harder on them. I haven't seen it but that show Gravity Falls kinda sounds like this show I used to watch called O'Grady. Have you ever seen any of the Soup2Nuts cartoons? I like pretty much everything I've seen from them but that was plenty of years ago. It's what H. Jon Benjamin was always doing before Archer.

@redhood13: Totally agree. That was an excellent episode of EMH. It makes me really wish Quasar and Adam Warlock could have been in the GotG movie, but that would have been too much to ask. I also wish more superheroes had Australian accents. Wolverine in that old X-Men cartoon wasn't enough!!

@superior_prime_maybe: Yeah, I stand by what I said. It's the same for shows made for adults, movies, comics, etc... If you think that everything is going to be a masterpiece you'll be disappointed all the time. Based on the comments on this forum I'd say that this show is a good example. Getting older is all about lowering your expectations. I'm not trying to be depressing but it's the truth. The more you learn about how this stuff is made the more you see that making a "masterpiece" is super rare.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000 said:

@ramior: Well it doesn't come out until September so I'm not sure if anyone knows whether they like this show or not and I wasn't trying to excuse lazy production teams, maybe just explain it.

@docholiday: Maybe I phrased that poorly, I didn't mean you can't like cartoons for kids. I loved EMH and Young Justice. It's just that as I got older I began to realize that the people creating these shows are not created equal. Some are great but most are weak. And considering the difficultly of appealing to adults and kids PLUS the need to create additional revenue streams through toys all that just makes it even harder on them. I haven't seen it but that show Gravity Falls kinda sounds like this show I used to watch called O'Grady. Have you ever seen any of the Soup2Nuts cartoons? I like pretty much everything I've seen from them but that was plenty of years ago. It's what H. Jon Benjamin was always doing before Archer.

@redhood13: Totally agree. That was an excellent episode of EMH. It makes me really wish Quasar and Adam Warlock could have been in the GotG movie, but that would have been too much to ask. I also wish more superheroes had Australian accents. Wolverine in that old X-Men cartoon wasn't enough!!

@superior_prime_maybe: Yeah, I stand by what I said. It's the same for shows made for adults, movies, comics, etc... If you think that everything is going to be a masterpiece you'll be disappointed all the time. Based on the comments on this forum I'd say that this show is a good example. Getting older is all about lowering your expectations. I'm not trying to be depressing but it's the truth. The more you learn about how this stuff is made the more you see that making a "masterpiece" is super rare.

You mean before Bob's Burgers? :) Kidding.

As for shows, it depends more heavily on the creative mind behind it originally, if it was a single individual like Rebecca Sugar for Steven Universe then it means the demographic is almost anyone it suits, for her it seems to be the 12-25 demographic but when it's decided by a board room (usually of old white guys) then the general idea is it's decided for kids.

It's like the Supergirl show and how terrible it looks, it wasn't made with the fans in mind but another way to cash in on the growing popularity of comic/super hero based shows.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for shows, it depends more heavily on the creative mind behind it originally, if it was a single individual like Rebecca Sugar for Steven Universe then it means the demographic is almost anyone it suits, for her it seems to be the 12-25 demographic but when it's decided by a board room (usually of old white guys) then the general idea is it's decided for kids.

It's like the Supergirl show and how terrible it looks, it wasn't made with the fans in mind but another way to cash in on the growing popularity of comic/super hero based shows.

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about Bob's Burgers. That show's cute. I agree, the fewer people that have creative control of a show the better. I can see what you mean about Supergirl but to be honest I thought the same thing about Flash and it turned out to be really good. (And to be honest again I feel the same way about Legends of Tomorrow). I`m starting to think I`m overly pessimistic but like I've said before, it saves me from constant disappointment.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Doc-Holiday

@d9000 said:
    @docholiday said:

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about Bob's Burgers. That show's cute. I agree, the fewer people that have creative control of a show the better. I can see what you mean about Supergirl but to be honest I thought the same thing about Flash and it turned out to be really good. (And to be honest again I feel the same way about Legends of Tomorrow). I`m starting to think I`m overly pessimistic but like I've said before, it saves me from constant disappointment.

I was optimistic about Flash but not Supergirl, the level of effort they've shown in the trailers seems really low-budget compared to Flash, the first major villain is Persuader and he looks human, just has ridges on his head but for some reason is wearing normal human clothes....why? If he is a super powered alien why isn't he in armor like he was in Smallville or the cartoons or comics?

Also, the fact they're making EVERY villain young and attractive is boring at least Flash makes his enemies like they are in the comics, varied, some are ugly and weird like Trickster (played by Mark Hamill) who is older, Gorilla Grodd and Prism.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.